Are you done stocking up?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Life is short. :) I want to enjoy it.
Unless I'm working, most of the time I am at the house. I need to go exploring like I used to, take trips, have some adventures. Spring is coming soon, which means good riding weather. I used to love hiking/camping at Enchanted Rock state natural area. It's this large granite dome that has hidden caves in it. When the wind hits them right, usually around sundown,they sing like otherworldy voices, and vibrate the whole dome. Pretty cool.

Edit: Added a link to a pic of Enchanted Rock, from Texas Parks and Wildlife
http://www.bing.com/th?id=AMMS_db48e381ddbe024a58e8dee5a4c56c09&w=300&h=225&pcl=000000&pid=Local

Last edited:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Innokin Axiom Sub-Ohm Tank mini

$0.25 Innokin Axiom tanks if anyone is interested, comes with an RBA.

I'm still a bit peeved they won't ship hardware to RI but I bought 5 silver and 5 black and when I get the box in I'm going to turn right around and ship it to Dad. After everything including shipping to Dad it will probably be about $2 per tank, still a steal. And I'm going to be much less worried about Dad's stash. Really nice that's it's 22mm because that's what a Top tank is and I know that fits on his stash of Picos.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I need to recover from this spending spree for a couple of months first. o_O

YUP! I just got some really good news today though. One of my CCs that's empty is now offering me 0% interest until next February on balance transfers. I'm going to transfer most of what's not on a 0% card already to that card and pay off the remainder. Leaves me with one card that's got 0% till October and then this until February. I will be able to pay for this whole stock up adventure without paying much interest at all!

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    YUP! I just got some really good news today though. One of my CCs that's empty is now offering me 0% interest until next February on balance transfers. I'm going to transfer most of what's not on a 0% card already to that card and pay off the remainder. Leaves me with one card that's got 0% till October and then this until February. I will be able to pay for this whole stock up adventure without paying much interest at all!
    I just did that same thing. Gotta love 0% interest.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got some vape mail today. Twelve top caps for my original Zeus rtas. Geekvape was nice enough to sell them to me even though they weren’t listed on the website. I also got two more zlide 4 ml tanks and a few flavorings.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    In the years since I started vaping I have bought MAYBE 20 bottles of premade eliquid. 4 When I first started. 1 in an emergency vape situation while traveling. The rest were really bought just to support the very excellent vape shop we used to have here in town.

The shop really was directly aimed at the new vapor and getting people off cigarettes. That meant the hardware collection for the most part was not something I was interested in. I liked the people. I loved how they supported new vapors and non technically minded vapors. I would go in there and visit now and then and buy a battery or a bottle of juice just to support them.
    I stopped buying retail eliquid within a few weeks of starting 5 years ago. Next step was mail order in 240 ml bottles. In a few more months I was mixing to save the money.

A vape shop is a service where you can try before you buy. You pay a high premium for that service but apparently there are lots of people preferring to do things that way. I became disenchanted with the vape shops around me when they went to 3-6 mg liquid and steered newbies into inapprpriate setups. My experience now is the best place to take a newbie is a tobacco speciality shop that also sells vape stuff. I try to accompany them for protection from bad advice. My expectation has always been that the speciality vape shops will disappear as the market matures. My DIY is unusual because I use flavoring so low it doesn't matter which one I use. Then, my cost of ingredients is one cent per ml, about $25 a year. If everybody did the same as me vaping would be an invisible stealthy blip on the economic radar.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I've been searching online for a Coil Master 521 Plus Tab, and not having any luck. Apparently this was discontinued some while back? Anyone know of a bargain on the 521 Mini or Plus, or another good option that won't break the bank?

There's a Mini on eBay for $25 shipped. Should I grab it?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    I've been searching online for a Coil Master 521 Plus Tab, and not having any luck. Apparently this was discontinued some while back? Anyone know of a bargain on the 521 Mini or Plus, or another good option that won't break the bank?

12.95 for the mini:
    Coil Master 521 Tab Mini

Or $17 for the v2 mini at 3fvape

Last edited:

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR

If you buy the one on Fasttech, use the code MAP and the price will drop to $15.12. That's more than Kidney Puncher, but with free shipping it may turn out to be less. I bought one during the Black Friday sales and love it! It makes rebuilding so much easier.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Being prepared is the only real pathway unless you just plan to quit.
    Given how many times I had planned to quit smoking, and that those plans never came to fruition, I don't think such a plan would be terribly realistic, at least for me.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    My flavors arrived and I agree FA Blackberry smells and tastes like roses LOL I may use it as an air freshener or put a few drops on my dryer ball :) But I taste zero Blackberry only floral. So I need to try other Blackberry flavors.
    Do let us (me?) know what you find. The only vendor juice I've bought in several years and will likely miss at some point is a house blackberry from small shop up in PA.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    If you buy the one on Fasttech, use the code MAP and the price will drop to $15.12. That's more than Kidney Puncher, but with free shipping it may turn out to be less. I bought one during the Black Friday sales and love it! It makes rebuilding so much easier.
    Good find [emoji3]

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Yesterday's vape mail was theuwell crown and the crown RBAs plus dinner lady lemon tart from 8 vape.

Thecrown and rba work well together, with the rba easy to build.

The dinner lady is decent, but I prefer it cut with some of my own lemon cream diy.

Today's mail was the Vaporesso armour pro and a flavoring order. I like the armour pro - good hand feel and pretty light. I'm running it with the serpent elevate tank and a 3-1/2 wrap 3mm ID twisted 26 kanthal coil (0.4 ohms) ; very nice, and this build should also be perfect on my ehpro armor prime mechs.

The eliquid I'm using is a variant on my adv, adding some of the new flavors. 8% NF vanilla (a relatively weak flavor, organic, but one I've enjoyed for years), 1% flavour art cookie, 1% cap Graham cracker v2, 1% flavourah vanilla pudding. I was aiming for something in the same zone as the Prohibition Ridin' Shotgun (nominally a vanilla pudding golden cookie), am really happy with how this came out as a shake-and-vape (zero steep time) [emoji3]
    I like Dinner Lady cut with my DIY Lemony Pound Cake. Really a nice combination plus I don't like high VG juice, so it thins it out a bit :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I stopped buying retail eliquid within a few weeks of starting 5 years ago. Next step was mail order in 240 ml bottles. In a few more months I was mixing to save the money.

A vape shop is a service where you can try before you buy. You pay a high premium for that service but apparently there are lots of people preferring to do things that way. I became disenchanted with the vape shops around me when they went to 3-6 mg liquid and steered newbies into inapprpriate setups. My experience now is the best place to take a newbie is a tobacco speciality shop that also sells vape stuff. I try to accompany them for protection from bad advice. My expectation has always been that the speciality vape shops will disappear as the market matures. My DIY is unusual because I use flavoring so low it doesn't matter which one I use. Then, my cost of ingredients is one cent per ml, about $25 a year. If everybody did the same as me vaping would be an invisible stealthy blip on the economic radar.
    When I started there were no vape shops within 100 mile one way drive I had to mail order everything. Hence I picked up DIY in a hurry. ;)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

I guess it’s like coffee... I can make better at home (and it’s more convenient than stoping somewhere to get some) and so can anyone else, but some people like to spend $7 a cup for it. To each his own.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I guess it’s like coffee... I can make better at home (and it’s more convenient than stoping somewhere to get some) and so can anyone else, but some people like to spend $7 a cup for it. To each his own.
    But, but making coffee at home requires planning ahead, getting up earlier. Some have no patience for that!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    But, but making coffee at home requires planning ahead, getting up earlier. Some have no patience for that!
    Uhm, going out for coffee requires leaving the house before having coffee.

At least for me, this is highly unlikely to happen. ;)

PS: I should try to find the picture my son (nine years old at the time) took of me in 2001 when we spent the night at what's likely the only campground in western civilization that doesn't have coffee in the campground store.

Users who are viewing this thread