Are you done stocking up?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
@BackDoc , I have two REOs, 11 toppers and a lot of spare parts. I just got the new, for me, 8ml bottles which an 18650 covers at 1.2 ohms. A 3000mAH battery and 8ml easily takes me through a workday. The REOs are really unbreakable and non-electronic. Drop it in a mud-puddle, hose it down, switch to a dry battery and vape away.

Nothing will affect the operation of a REO, and, the flavor is very good.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I actually still have some of my original 3.0 Ω cartomizers. Once I found 'em I stocked up on 'em :D 2.0 Ω was considered low back then. :lol:

Haha, me too! I have so many 3.0 ohm cartos it's unreal. They'll be used when I'm too old to futz around with rebuildables. They work quite nicely on the VV REOs I have hanging around here. Super easy to prime on a REO too. Just put a dry one on and give it one good squonk. Carto primed and ready to go.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
have never used or held a REO Beck, but the loyal following interests me, what's the appeal? Ease of use? Quality?, Simplicity?, AOTA?
AOTA

The real appeal is dripping without the hassle. IE; bottom feeding.

Your bottle is in your mod.

But squonking has come into its own. There's a bunch of options these days.

As far as a LP REO GRAND, what separates it from the pack is quality and durability for the price.

And of course Rob has no qualms taking care of anything for a modest fee.

And HE answers his phone seemingly before it rings.

Tapatyped

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
This horror was after 15ml of Banana Foster.
Still tasted great but ewwww.
Washed it under hot water and the rayon was almost new looking.
Coils were slightly cruddy but this awful mess is from solids in the juice.
Now I remember why I stopped getting Banana Foster when I used premade coils.

View attachment 636413

Dang. That reminded me of Bananas Foster Coffee from Mrs. T's bakery. That and the toffee almond coffee were stinking amazing good vapes. Shame she couldn't keep up with business or I'd have a few bottles of those stashed here in my stocking up pile.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I just saw Alibaba has clones if you just want to try it. I have not bought from them and I did not see them on FT, but It is a really simply built mod. Rob has spare parts for quality upgrade and bottom feeder atties are easy to find.

The only power regulation is the ohms of your coil. I am happy at 1.0. For me, the charged battery starts out pushing the 4.2v and at the end of the 8ml bottle, the battery is at 3.6-3.7v.

I always try to handle something before spending the money. Just an option.

Hope helps

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I just saw Alibaba has clones if you just want to try it. I have not bought from them and I did not see them on FT, but It is a really simply built mod. Rob has spare parts for quality upgrade and bottom feeder atties are easy to find.

The only power regulation is the ohms of your coil. I am happy at 1.0. For me, the charged battery starts out pushing the 4.2v and at the end of the 8ml bottle, the battery is at 3.6-3.7v.

I always try to handle something before spending the money. Just an option.

Hope helps

Thanks frenchfry , will check them out
What power do you vape at?

Do you have a .... load of those cartos?

Rob has woodvils that are VV, but they're more of a hand crafted wood as opposed to indestructible.

There's also the smaller metal REOs and the p67.

Dunno what's in stock ATM.

But as far as that grand goes...

There's a "catch cup" around the 510.

The grand was originally built for cartos.

With that in mind, the mod body is taller than the 510 to catch over spill from excited squonking.

This makes most atomizers unable to be used on the grand because the 510 threads will never reach and make contact.

This is the reason for the LP GRAND.

The mod body is about flush with the 510 because the "catch cup" is "low profile".

This is the one I would suggest for your first REO because it's more flexible in its usage. And any grand can be modified more easily if you feel the need.

With that said, I happen to have a couple Waidea REO GRANDs (clones).

They ARE solid and indestructible.

And work just fine.

But!

The fit and finish definitely isn't the same and you'd have to work to force fit some authentic parts on them.

As well, there's no low pro option on them. Normal atties don't fit without grinding the catch cup down.

And it's doubtful Rob would work on them.

But if you want a solid block of aluminum that would give you a general idea of how things work for ~$30 and either you'll only use cartos on it, or you're willing to grind the catch cup down, they work just the same when having a vape.

Tell you what, BackDoc, send me a message with your # and a good time frame to call you tomorrow and I can get into more detail if you're interested.

Tapatyped

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Rob has woodvils that are VV, but they're more of a hand crafted wood as opposed to indestructible.

With that in mind, the mod body is taller than the 510 to catch over spill from excited squonking.

This makes most atomizers unable to be used on the grand because the 510 threads will never reach and make contact.

The mod body is about flush with the 510 because the "catch cup" is "low profile".

This is the one I would suggest for your first REO because it's more flexible in its usage. And any grand can be modified more easily if you feel the need.

And work just fine.

But!

The fit and finish definitely isn't the same and you'd have to work to force fit some authentic parts on them.

As well, there's no low pro option on them. Normal atties don't fit without grinding the catch cup down.

But if you want a solid block of aluminum that would give you a general idea of how things work for ~$30 and either you'll only use cartos on it, or you're willing to grind the catch cup down, they work just the same when having a vape.

Tell you what, BackDoc, send me a message with your # and a good time frame to call you tomorrow and I can get into more detail if you're interested.

Tapatyped
@beckdg, Rob is no longer making the VV REOs at all. (And there are none in stock.) And....he's not making any more Woodvils. Just wanted to mention that so that you'd know it if/when you talk to BackDoc. The P-67s are great, but seldom in stock. The best REO (IMHO) to go for at this time would be the LP Grand. It can take any sized BF RBA, it will have the updated adjustable 510, and the gold contacts (for sub-ohm if you want.)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Haha, me too! I have so many 3.0 ohm cartos it's unreal. They'll be used when I'm too old to futz around with rebuildables. They work quite nicely on the VV REOs I have hanging around here. Super easy to prime on a REO too. Just put a dry one on and give it one good squonk. Carto primed and ready to go.

I ran across a stack of generic 2 and 3 ohm stainless cartos the other day, 5 to a box. I unwrapped one and filled the rubber cap with juice, stuck the carto into it for about 30 minutes to let it soak, and came back and fired it up at 10 watts on the Pico. Meh, it was reminiscent of the old days but didn't hold a candle to my Kayfun.

Still, it's a backup to a backup. I'll keep them.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
ATTENTION STOCKERS

*I HAVE YOUR VAPE MAIL*

If you see this truck between now and Wednesday, block and direct any vehicle that can be an obstruction in the interest of receiving your vape mail on time.

jev4SFi.jpg

I'm leaving New Jersey shortly.

On the way to Tallahassee, Pensacola, Mobile and Houston.

Don't shoot, Alabama and Texas. I didn't choose the route.

@classwife it's safe to order now. I'm already loaded. [emoji14]

Tapatyped

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch

And work just fine.

But!

Tapatyped
Thanks, sent you a message

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
ATTENTION STOCKERS

*I HAVE YOUR VAPE MAIL*

If you see this truck between now and Wednesday, block and direct any vehicle that can be an obstruction in the interest of receiving your vape mail on time.

jev4SFi.jpg

I'm leaving New Jersey shortly.

On the way to Tallahassee, Pensacola, Mobile and Houston.

Don't shoot, Alabama and Texas. I didn't choose the route.

@classwife it's safe to order now. I'm already loaded. [emoji14]

Tapatyped
that's my order of juice!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread