Bulli A2-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave18

Aug 7, 2011
malaysia
Finally got around to bigbulli's genesis setup in my A-2TM (earlier in this thread). It is a little fiddly to get it set up, finally got a 2.4Ω coil and it works wonderfully @3.2-3.5vdc. Anything higher and it can't wick fast enough for me :) I can make a regular coil in a few minutes, but the genesis coil takes me some time, mostly prepping the SS wick. The flavor is very clean in the genesis mode (and good!). I have vaped myself silly already. It's funny (not) cause I had a genesis specific mod a while back and the flavor was terrible for me (tasted like ash), so I sold it :( But this is great for me on my eGo batts and has me thinking more in the lines of another genesis mod.

Hi, Jolly Rogers. Please post an image of the coil --would like to try it. mesh cut size? how to prep etc.Many thanks, dave

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Hi, Jolly Rogers. Please post an image of the coil --would like to try it. mesh cut size? how to prep etc.Many thanks, dave

Please see post http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/197617-bulli-a2-t-5.html#post3637188

I followed this. My mesh is #400 and made a 1" x 1" square cut, rolled it around a sewing needle. Prepped the mesh by heating and quenching, then burning off some PG on it. Wrapped my coil to get a 2.3-2.5Ω atty. Dripped some and put together, clipped end mesh flush with eGo-T needle, then made sure it was open in the middle. Put tank on with 70/30 and vaped. Also tried some 100% VG, but it is thinned down, so it flows nicely. Itsa monster with VG in it!

I let it sit overnight to test leakage and it was fine. Little seeping like the A-2T does in normal mode that some others have pointed out.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
For those that have a Bulli-Smoker A-2 type atomizer ... It is very easy to use the A-2 base and build an A-2TM and use it in genesis mode. Very inexpensive to do also. This is great for those that have an original A-2, some eGo cones (for pilfering the threading), some eGo Type B tanks, and a bunch of dead eGo/Riva batts or Smoktech DC cartomizers (for the tube), and the supplies to make a genesis wick laying around. The eGo cone threads onto the A-2 base, not perfectly, but well enough to be functional. So here goes:

1. You need an ego cone to acquire the threading as it also will fit the A-2 base.
2. You need Type B tanks (the soft/silicon cap variety work best IMO).
3. You need the A-2 base, with a Genesis coil setup leaving the wick a little long.
4. You need an old eGo batt tube, eGo mega atomizer, or type B atomizer.
5. Tools: Need something to cut tube with. I used a dremel to cut and finish the edges, and something to do a 1mm air hole in that batt tube. Scratch awl, 1mm drill bit, and dremel (Thanks Teach, cause this was my hardest problem - drilling that darn hole!).

To build:
1. Gut the eGo cone to get the threading out. I cut it slightly and used an old eGo batt to thread onto and pull the threading out.
2. Gut the eGo Type B atty, or an old eGo/Riva battery tube, or used DC cartomizer etc. I used a batt tube. Cut the tube section to be 25mm in length. Smooth edges, and clean it to get the grittys out.
3. Press the threads from eGo cone into your now 25mm long tube you just cut (don't glue it as you may want to adjust air hole location later).
4. Thread it onto the A-2 base.
5. Mark the cone for your air hole, it needs to be between the two posts for most vapor/flavor, or towards the tall post for more throat hit. (This is adjustable later if you need it to be, by pulling threading out and rotating to where you need it.) The whole also should be ~5-7mm above the bottom edge of tube on the threading side. Once you got it where you like it, I guess you could secure it with a dab of glue...
6. Drill your 1mm whole. Use scrawl awl to mark a start, then drill.

Build your genesis atomizer. See this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/197617-bulli-a2-t-5.html#post3637188 (thanks!) I shoot for a ~2Ω coil as it works well on my eGo batts and my other mods.

Use:
Now, first insert your juice filled (already pierced) type B tank into the 25mm tube non-threaded side (notice how nicely it seats). Carefully line your mesh up into the tank wicking hole, then seat and screw the tube & tank onto your A-2 atomizer base. Line up your tank for vaping preferences & vape! :vapor::vapor::vapor:

Some things to note.
1. If the mesh is to wet, vapor production will fall off, I pull the cone/tank off and dry it a bit with some dry burns. This is a problem with a top fed genesis IMO - the wick gets to wet if left standing vertical - especially with PG, but it doesn't appear to be an issue with VG. I am not a VG fan, but like it on a genesis!
2. If throat hit is two harsh and vapor production is low, then air hole is not lined up most likely. Otherwise, check for a good coil resistance. Always check your coil resistance before using on an eGo batt or anything that doesn't have over-current protection! If flavor is strong, but vapor & throat hit is weak, then the wick is most likely to wet (See above).

I thought of using the eGo piercing needle to hold the wicking etc, but realized this was NOT necessary for a genesis SS mesh wick! What this means is the overall length is shorter then the regular A-2TM by about 5mm (pro) but it can't be used in type B tank mode with fiber wick either (con) like Cetin meant it to be. But it works great for genesis mode ;)

Additional note: Use remaining batt tube and another eGo cone to acquire additional threads. Make a 21mm cover that attaches to outer eGo threads and covers the A-2 base for use on an eGo. Makes for a more aesthetic appearance if you are into that type of thing :)

Pics to follow as my camera is on the brink!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
A few pics of it... versus a original A-2TM.

Attachments

• DSC02450.jpg
    DSC02450.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC02449.jpg
    DSC02449.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC02448.jpg
    DSC02448.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC02447.jpg
    DSC02447.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 478

rwguessjr

May 24, 2011
baton rouge
i just received my new bulli a2-t kit and i am very happy with it now, especially after reading some posts on the coils and wicks. i run mine just like they show on the bulli video but i was getting some wicking issues and dry burns till i removed the glass wick and oxidized my ss wick then i just put 1 piece of glass wick back inside and trimmed flush with the ss mesh. it works so good now and no leaking on 50/50 juice and its a smog machine now... i am so happy with this purchase now best money i have spent on ecigs.
but please take your batt out when making coils or your thumb will get branded in a nice coil shape.. mine did 8( lol

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Anytime:)

No. You'll need an Ego Type B drip tip. I just bought one from the link below. Shipping was only $1.62 so I thought it was more then worth it. They also sell Type A drip tips which will work on the A2-T.

Aluminum eGo Mega Atomizer Drip Tip (Type B)

Aluminum eGo Mega Atomizer Drip Tip (Type A)

Edit: Adding this so all the info is contained in one post.

The Bulli A2 requires a 701-510 drip tip adapter for dripping. They can be found here - 701 mouth piece to 510/901 drip tip adapter

I'm wondering if a soft drip tip from a madvapes mega dual coil carto would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread