Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I'm very interested in this rta but I can't seem to find someplace that has it in stock. Any one got a lead?
We snagged ours from elev8vape earlier this week. I believe there was a coupon code to make it cheaper too on one of the deal sites as well but i don't recall.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Ok, I just ordered one of these. I wanted to Love my Lemo 2 but either I'm a total ***** all of a sudden, or that tank just isn't for me. How many of you guys had a Lemo 1 or 2 before you got this?
I've owned a Lemo 1, Subtank mini and Goblin (in that order). I loved the Lemo when it came out, flavor was good, building and wicking was easy, but the bottom fill, restricted airflow options, and overall height of it turned me off. I still use my Subtank mini. The goblin has seen 1 build and 3 tank fills. Leaking on filling is an immediate killer for me so I haven't touched it since.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I have 2 Goblins, 2 Goliath's, and am Happy with both. Through constant use of them, I have learned to minimize any leakage from them, and can build them with 2.5 mm. 25 gauge coils.
When version 2 of this new thingy comes out, I will probably spring for one. Seems like all version 1's of anything are lacking that fine tuning, be it quality of machining, leaking, or poor filling problems. 25 to 35 dollars is the sweet spot for China made "decent" tank toppers, anything more than that - nuh huh, ain't stealing my hard earned cash for these trinkets.
p.s. I hope it comes out soon..:cool:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Ok, I just ordered one of these. I wanted to Love my Lemo 2 but either I'm a total ***** all of a sudden, or that tank just isn't for me. How many of you guys had a Lemo 1 or 2 before you got this?

Yeah, I thought I would really like the lemo 2 before I got it, then once I got it was nothing but disappointment. Restricted airflow for the giant chimney, bit deceiving and pointless to have a chimney that wide bore, with 4 small holes half restricted under the base for air intake. The narrow area for juice to flow between the glass and evaporation chamber barrel was dumb too.

Restrictive airflow, and not enough room for max vg to flow to the wicks is what killed the lemo 2 for me.

I don't have this yet, but have a couple goblins and a goliath, and after having that much airflow I just didn't want to go back to the restrictive lung hit type draw the lemo 2 had. I'm hoping this one will have at least as much airflow as the goliath.

Reactions: Jdurand

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
The airflow was fine for me. I left the setting to wide open on both the Lemo 1 and 2. I just can't get max VG juices to flow on either of them very well. I know the simple solution is to switch to a higher PG juice but I really like vapor. To me, it is almost as satisfying seeing the vapor cloud as it is getting the nic fix. I also don't really like the harshness of PG. Anyone using this tank with 70 percent VG or more and getting good results?

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Just tracked my Cthulhu shipment and found out it is in my mailbox waiting for me at home. This is going to be one Long workday now!
Ours is also "Out for Delivery" as of this morning. I'm close to going to stalk my friend's mailbox after a Dr. appointment while he sits here at work, hehe.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Just got mine today, great tank. I watched a couple of videos a few days ago so when I got it I just washed it up, popped the coils it came with in and wicked it and it came out great on the first try. I even forgot to close the air flow and it only leaked like 2 drops lol.

Now I have a question for those who have theirs. I only use RDAs, mainly a Mutation Xv2 and have it right now with 24G quad coils at .2 at 120W and the flavor I feel comes out much cleaner out of it than on the Goliath. Does anyone have any recommendations for a build to get better cloud production and flavor? I'm using the C'thulhu with the .3 ohm dual coils it came with at 20-30 watts and while I find it much better than my Atlantis I'm hoping to get better flavor and cloud production.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Built mine last night with a 24ga 2.5mm dual coil and wasn't satisfied with the warmth or flavor so today I broke it down and built a twisted 28ga 2.5mm dual and wicked with Delasco rayon. 0.3ohm at 38.5w and omg the flavor and warmth. I'm on my 3rd tankful on this build already today. She's a hungry tank but I'm very impressed with the performance and NO leaking on top fill!!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I saw a video that mentioned juice control, but did not actually show you how. Im assuming like all other JC atties that you turn the base of the drip tip?

If anyone can confirm? Im not usually interested in cloud machines, but this looks interesting and the price point is that where if I dont like it, Ive not lost too much. Also since its not a clone, Im sure I will find a buyer in the classifieds.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I have one major complaint now, the damn hex screws! The allen hole is so small, and the key they provided is slightly smaller than that, so trapping wires is difficult. I have stripped the hex on 3 of them already. Anyone know what size they are so i can order some more sturdy replacements?

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
OK, I am going to say that after a weekend with my new Cthulhu, this thing just rocks. I used the coils supplied and KGD wicking. It flows 80/20 Vg PG juice like water. I have not had a single leak or dry hit since the first draw on this tank. it just simply works like it should. The airflow is awesome, nice and airy. The .3 ohm build delivers a very cool but thick vape at under 20 Watts! I cut my nic in half. I was using 18 nic with the Lemo tanks and was floored by the nic buzz when I put that same juice in the Cthulhu. I cut that juice with 50% VG to come out to 9% nic and it delivers the same satisfaction I had with previous tanks, but double the nic. It brings out the flavors so good that I could still taste the Juice even though it was diluted 50% with pure VG. This tank is everything I thought the Lemo 2 would be and more. I believe I have found Nirvana!

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
I saw a video that mentioned juice control, but did not actually show you how. Im assuming like all other JC atties that you turn the base of the drip tip?

If anyone can confirm? Im not usually interested in cloud machines, but this looks interesting and the price point is that where if I dont like it, Ive not lost too much. Also since its not a clone, Im sure I will find a buyer in the classifieds.

Hi anavidfan, there's no juice control on the Cthulhu.

Reactions: anavidfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread