Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Lately thinking current crisis could/should put a stake through the heart of distinctions between "closed" and "open" devices. Personally I have rewicked and refilled early devices, and just reading same for juul. Fact is that "closed system" devices are fiction. And this distinction a tool to exclude devices which lack a big tobacco supply chain and finances. Timing would seem right to confront this argument and get it off the table.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I suppose pharmaceutical "smoking cessation" won't work for the insurance companies? I mean, nic iis nic is nic? Ooh that's gonna suck when it's like, SO expensive it's just impossible.

Olay I refuse to think about that now, I am just waking up and I think I caught a cold along with the pinkeye. Great. It's obviously vaping..

LOL I told my coworkers and they gave me death spray for germs and whatnot and wipes. They told me to wear gloves when I used it because when wet, it could cause cancer.

Cancer/pinkeye? LOL

Anna

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
And this distinction a tool to exclude devices which lack a big tobacco supply chain and finances. Timing would seem right to confront this argument and get it off the table.
It's hard to disarm an adversary, particularly when their tools/arms are of the propaganda type.

Sure the time is "now". And we try to get the truth out.
But I'm afraid that the sword of "closed systems protect against tampering" and the shield of "save the children from flavors" are well entrenched. Furthermore there seems to be collusion on the politicians part that no matter how much we scream "It's the nic" and "they're taking over the market and pods don't fix it" it falls on deaf ears. That means to me that we're jousting at their windmills, but we don't know what the back room deal is.

How do you fight a foe that won't present itself and hides in darkness, manipulating the public from behind a curtain of obscurity and obfuscation?

In the end, my fear is that the puppet-masters remain undiscovered.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The FIRST STEP in solving the youth vaping epidemic.

72063453_2619815148284632_2287327615654035456_n.jpg

72278202_2619826024950211_1519126449376722944_n.jpg

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
No No No! ;) It's the FLAVORS, remember? ;)

(This is a smart doc-lady)
In many cases, doctors say, teenagers have told them they vaped as a way to deal with stress and anxiety. Doctors said those underlying problems need to be addressed.

"I think we miss the boat if we treat the lung disease and then send them home to high risk for recurrence," said Anne Griffiths, a pediatric pulmonologist at Children's Minnesota who has personally treated about half of the two dozen cases at the pediatric hospital and reviews all the state's vaping-related cases. Some of the teens have told doctors they rely on vaping THC to help them sleep, she said. "My response to them is, if you are sedated, that's not the same as healthy sleep," she said. The bottom line, she said: "Discharging children home after this lung injury without counseling or therapy or addiction management, I think, is a big mistake."
Some patients with vaping-related lung injuries are being hospitalized a second time

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: Rossum

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude, you know if I had ALMOST DIED from like vaping VITAMIN E etc., I don't think even *I* would have gone home and fired up my nic vapes. Some snus, some nicotine lozenges WHATEVER.

I'm not sure these people should be like, PUBLISHED. They should be JAILED for a period of time (CHARGE CLASS ONE FELONY OF STUPIDITY) so their lungs could get better and they would be in a safe environment for a time where their lungs can HEAL.

Youi know. I'm just SAYING. Talk about Dumb and Dumber.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Dude, you know if I had ALMOST DIED from like vaping VITAMIN E etc., I don't think even *I* would have gone home and fired up my nic vapes. Some snus, some nicotine lozenges WHATEVER.

I'm not sure these people should be like, PUBLISHED. They should be JAILED for a period of time (CHARGE CLASS ONE FELONY OF STUPIDITY) so their lungs could get better and they would be in a safe environment for a time where their lungs can HEAL.
You know one problem society has? We no longer let Darwin do his work.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
BTW, I noticed that the CDC is slowly changing what it's saying. It is now saying do not vape THC and consider refraining from vaping nicotine. Slight wording change but noticable. Also down to 13% no THC use not admitting THC use.

Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with E-Cigarette Use, or Vaping copy_10.11&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Turning Point Brands Inc&dm_i=4VMU,812H,35O99S,U8GM,1

And they are apparently asking the medical community to test patients for THC now.

Vaping Illness: A New Name and Expanded Clinical Guidance Headlines 2019-10-12&utm_term=NL_Daily_DHE_Active

Users who are viewing this thread