Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Boobsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2016
Indiana
That substance has been available for use as an anesthetic more-or-less forever. Back in the 1970s, one of my college roommates broke his nose playing pick-up basketball. He thought it would be OK. It wasn't. By the time he went get it fixed, the doctor told him, "We're gonna need to re-break that." They stuffed some cotton balls soaked in a liquid in his nose. The liquid was some kind of solution of the above-mentioned substance.

It’s called TAC. Tetracaine Adrenaline ....... hydrochloride. Still used as a topical anesthetic in emergency surgeries & ENT surgeries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Was wondering tonight about something that is old news, but relevant to Final Guidance. Which is the executive order to reduce federal regulations and costs. Wondering if anyone knows if our side has appealed through that avenue? Or is Final Guidance somehow, ignorantly, exempt from that order? Would certainly seem like a way out for Trump on the issue. If pleasing his base is part of his objective.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Was wondering tonight about something that is old news, but relevant to Final Guidance. Which is the executive order to reduce federal regulations and costs. Wondering if anyone knows if our side has appealed through that avenue? Or is Final Guidance somehow, ignorantly, exempt from that order? Would certainly seem like a way out for Trump on the issue. If pleasing his base is part of his objective.
This one too:
Promoting the Rule of Law Through Improved Agency Guidance Documents

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Smoking Rates at All-Time Low, Surgeon General Reports

https://www.medpagetoday.com/primarycare/smoking/84503?xid=nl_mpt_DHE_2020-01-24&eun=g1180594d0r&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily Headlines Top Cat HeC 2020-01-24&utm_term=NL_Daily_DHE_dual-gmail-definition

"However, the evidence is inconclusive on whether e-cigarettes are effective in helping people quit, he added. "That said, I have heard powerful accounts from individuals who have used e-cigarettes to quit smoking combustible cigarettes.... It's important we use the entire body of available science to guide our current recommendations." But in any case, "e-cigarettes can't come at the expense of escalating rates of youth use of these products; youth use of any tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, is unsafe.""

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
To use Gutfield's line, "I hate these people".

https://www.medpagetoday.com/primarycare/smoking/84503?xid=nl_mpt_DHE_2020-01-24&eun=g1180594d0r&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily Headlines Top Cat HeC 2020-01-24&utm_term=NL_Daily_DHE_dual-gmail-definition

"However, the evidence is inconclusive on whether e-cigarettes are effective in helping people quit, he added. "That said, I have heard powerful accounts from individuals who have used e-cigarettes to quit smoking combustible cigarettes.... It's important we use the entire body of available science to guide our current recommendations." But in any case, "e-cigarettes can't come at the expense of escalating rates of youth use of these products; youth use of any tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, is unsafe.""

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017

Edit #1
Tobacco smoking is at an all time low.
Other substances, not so much.

Edit #2
Those of you who use ecigs legally as adults are out of luck.
Since we are unable to enforce our laws, we must ban!
Cigarettes, alccohol, and the afore mentioned substances excepted.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
God I go away for awhile, and here is where we are at.

I've decided to just start believing it will be fine, I mean.... It makes no difference at this point.

Do not forget the lovely NovCANE used in dentistry forever. I always take too long to numb up and have to tell dentists to WAIT, or they will be digging into my unprepared TEETH.

Except my oral surgeon He was like, "Not with the amount *I* gave you."
I was like,, 'Ffffth I belllieth youou,"

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It’s called TAC. Tetracaine Adrenaline ....... hydrochloride. Still used as a topical anesthetic in emergency surgeries & ENT surgeries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that stuff. Back around 1970 I had an ear problem and they had to clean out my earhole. The guy said it was the only anesthetic they could use in ears because anything else would mess up my balance. Still hurt like hell though.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

There are probably a lot of potential avenues for legal action. They cost a lot of money though, and these days the judiciary seems to be more sympathetic to the corporate side than the individual.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Gotta love research!

In males, fruit-flavored e-cigarettes generated greater appeal than menthol and tobacco (ps < .001). In females, both fruit- and menthol-flavored e-cigarettes generated greater appeal than tobacco (ps < .001), but there was no significant difference between fruit- and menthol-flavored e-cigarettes (p = .40). The findings of this study suggest that males prefer fruit-flavored e-cigarettes, and females prefer both menthol- and fruit-flavored e-cigarettes

So, in other words, the majority of the population prefers non-tobacco flavored vape.
Got it, that means we should ban it...

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Gotta love research!

So, in other words, the majority of the population prefers non-tobacco flavored vape.

Something they don't get is that there really aren't any tobacco flavors that taste much like tobacco. I kept trying to find one when I first started vaping. But at this point, I'm really past wanting them.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Gotta love research!

FAKE NEWS!!! Everyone knows that once a person reaches the age of 21, they no longer care about the flavor of things!!!!!

Reactions: Fidola13

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Something they don't get is that there really aren't any tobacco flavors that taste much like tobacco. I kept trying to find one when I first started vaping. But at this point, I'm really past wanting them.
Naturally Extracted Tobacco (NETs) authenticate pipe and cigar pretty dang good. Cigarettes...no.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I posted this in another thread the other day...
Thought it was...interesting...

This is what a giant pile of impeachment candy looks like

p4hjWRu.jpg

:laugh:

Reactions: mikepetro

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There is nothing like the taste of ONE cigarette after not smoking a while. The problem is, that ONE starts killing your taste buds almost immediately, like, no one's business.

Also, you really can't tell when "one" is enough.

To be fair, if you ask me, there is nothing like the taste of combustion and it cannot be replicated (clove cigarettes excepted, those should be outlawed.) I also like my toast (and some foods) slightly burnt.

Tar just tastes DELICIOUS. I mean that in all seriousness I wonder if that means there is a way.... I am considering road tar making machines and like, flavoring combinations, but I don't think it would work out well.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread