Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If the profits were sent to CASAA maybe Oliver would make an exception.
I think you said/thought that his show has a long lead time. I can't imagine him not jumping at that topic.
I mean it's a satirical gift.
Your letter was AWESOME, by the way!! :wub:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
* Fell and struck my head against my Safe while getting up from bed. Not focused to discuss anything quite yet:ohmy:
Feeling kind of :blink:

Wow! Graceful! Another thing we have in common! On the 2nd I almost knocked myself out stepping out of a big metal roll off. I was distracted, in a rush and forgot about the metal bar the goes across where the gates attach. I was looking down, so I slammed the very top of my head into the bar. I hit it hard enough to knock me onto my back in a pool of rusty water. My hair was soaked and it took me a few seconds to figure out it wasn't blood. I ended up with a large bump on my head and a dark bruise on my arm from the elbow to the wrist. I'm fine now.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods we should go dancing.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I don't understand.

I can't think of any way it makes sense for Big tobacco to support Cole-Bishop.
It would allow all the vape shops to stay open.

If the Cole-Bishop
amendment passes BT wouldn't have to submit PMTAs for their ecigs. They could use the money for marketing and advertising. They have nothing to fear from vape shops.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
They are not killing off the industry the want so badly to tax.
They are handing it over to Big Tobacco and making it MUCH easier to tax.

This is all I can think of. Or... BT seriously believes the days of combustible tobacco are truly numbered hence the desire to control the entire vaping industry. First step of course is to make sure there's an industry to dominate.

When you think about it... what other market can BT transition to? There's only so much you can do with a tobacco leaf.
I am not disagreeing with you guys as i hope you are right and i am wrong. There is one glaring problem
with BT and the FDA regulating the e-cig market in terms of it's long term tax-ability and profit
potential.
If this is true, The myth of nicotine addiction - Formindep
Then as soon as the rate of life time non tobacco users starting vaping surpasses the rate of smokers
switching to vaping The market will implode on itself. People will not spend their recreational money
on a product that does not addict them or otherwise has no potential to keep them buying when
there will be other options available sans erroneous taxes and second hand citizenship status.

Five years down the road if the deeming regs are not altered BT will have a small niche market
of cigalikes giving them a life time of tax right offs. Enough people will have returned to smoking to stabilize the taxation and profitability to the market. BP will be introducing their advanced NRT
devices that will look awfully similar to what our open systems are now but,somehow work so much better and,priced at the appropriate price point. Your insurance premium will be higher than a smoker if you choose to use these cessation devises.
Again, there is a disconnect between the literal interpretation of what the FDA said it can do, and what it actually CAN do.
We can see a disconnect. The FDA doesn't have too. They wrote the regs.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Wow! Graceful! Another thing we have in common! On the 2nd I almost knocked myself out stepping out of a big metal roll off. I was distracted, in a rush and forgot about the metal bar the goes across where the gates attach. I was looking down, so I slammed the very top of my head into the bar. I hit it hard enough to knock me onto my back in a pool of rusty water. My hair was soaked and it took me a few seconds to figure out it wasn't blood. I ended up with a large bump on my head and a dark bruise on my arm from the elbow to the wrist. I'm fine now.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods we should go dancing.

:lol:
Definitely two of a kind.
Wife says I hit so hard, the skin imprinted on a work shirt she had sitting on the Safe. Had to toss it in the Laundry.(more lost points):facepalm:

A minor distraction from a more important cause - Promoting the Saving of possibly a BILLION LIVES!!!!

So.....where do we go next? :blink:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
But we were talking about why Big Tobacco would support the Cole-Bishop amendment.
If the Cole-Bishop amendment passes nothing has to go through the PMTA process.

That's why I didn't understand what applications you were referring to.
:)

That's why they would support it.

Guess you missed the rest of my post....

If Cole/Bishop passes then the tobacco companies wouldn't have to submit PMTAs for the products they now have. Everything existing in present time is grandfathered. If it doesn't pass, then they would have to submit applications for their products (PMTA). Which would be many millions of dollars AND the FDA may reject the applications (as they have done against tobacco companies in the past) and all that money goes down the drain.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
How much are the application fees?
We've been focusing on the PMTAs and I haven't heard much about application fees.

And if a PMTA manages to get approved, there will be ongoing User Fees:

Tobacco Product Fees

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Except the money they can use for tax right offs.
mike

Probably but people unfamiliar with write offs put to much emphasis on 'write offs' ( a common refrain in anti-business circles) ... as if they are total write offs, which they are not. I'm sure the tobacco companies would welcome the Cole/Bishop amendment, so they don't have to go through all of that.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Five years down the road if the deeming regs are not altered BT will have a small niche market
of cigalikes giving them a life time of tax right offs. Enough people will have returned to smoking to stabilize the taxation and profitability to the market. BP will be introducing their advanced NRT
devices that will look awfully similar to what our open systems are now but,somehow work so much better and,priced at the appropriate price point. Your insurance premium will be higher than a smoker if you choose to use these cessation devises.

All correct........while Still, BT Has purpose in Supporting the Cole-Bishop amendment and/or H.R.2058,(Cole-Bishop primarily) in that it establishes more flexibility in Product they ultimately intend to control.
As stated - Even with a change in DATE, most prominent in the amendment, the Market goes into a Freeze.
the FDA still holds most of the cards in regards to Acceptable use and Safety as well as Public Health concerns.
Cole-Bishop does little to even slow the FDA, let alone stop it.:ohmy:

Do not be fooled by language like a Fast growing 3.x Billion Dollar Market
That is GROSS, not NET. and there is Much investment in this market so far, that is at stake.
Even so, it barely touches the Advertising Budget of BT.
In 2013, cigarette and smokeless tobacco companies spent nearly $9.5 billion on advertising and promotional expenses in the United States alone.

What we view as a Breaking Major market, others see as a side hobby.:shock:

eta: always forget to link data
CDC - Fact Sheet - Tobacco Industry Marketing - Smoking & Tobacco Use

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's why they would support it.

Guess you missed the rest of my post....

If Cole/Bishop passes then the tobacco companies wouldn't have to submit PMTAs for the products they now have. Everything existing in present time is grandfathered. If it doesn't pass, then they would have to submit applications for their products (PMTA). Which would be many millions of dollars AND the FDA may reject the applications (as they have done against tobacco companies in the past) and all that money goes down the drain.

I guess, if you're BT, it gets down to do you Want Everyone to be Grandfathered and not have to do PMTA's?

Or would you Rather want to have Everyone do a PMTA when Very Few could Afford it?

Reactions: DC2

Antwoord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
Feel like signing some more?

Endorsed by CASAA

"Del. Larry Faircloth (R-WV) has proven himself as a valuable and effective advocate for vapor products in West Virginia. Now, in the wake of the FDA deeming regulations, he is taking his talent and legislative experience to lawmakers in D.C.

Please take action NOW by signing Del. Faircloth’s petition -- which will be hand delivered to specific lawmakers -- and support his effort to stand up to the FDA’s overreaching and disastrous regulations on vapor products."

Take Action - Sign the Petition

Also:

Our friends in UK need help (this petition is also being endorsed by Dick Puddlecote):

Please add your voice, sign the petition!
David Cameron MP: Support Parliamentary moves to block crazy e-cigarette regulations

Tweet: send your support for the ‪#‎LordsVapeVote‬ to @Number10gov @jeremycorbyn @MartinCallanan

Fatal Motion Tabled In House Of Lords To Stop E-Cigarette Regulations

I did everything but tweet because I don't have a twitter account!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Not to worry. I made the same mistake even though I'm perfect! /lol

It's USER FEES and if you play in the FDA sandbox you WILL pay. Most everyone misses this point and that includes nearly all the experts ha! but you can't trump collective wisdom as in this thread. Period!

Start here

Dive down into the weeds with this Google search

u haz beated me

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Yet Johnson Creek, who just invested in another Updated Facility is Highly concerned :cool:
Im sure they are, losing the US market is no laughing matter. But if they have international sales and if thats enough to sustain thier lively hood, then there is some light for them.
However its us vapers im more concerned about.
Hope those lawyers are good.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The FDA has totally lost it.......note the saying about when nic is NOT used in ejuice....???
From the FDA website
Nicotine Warning Statement
The product packages and advertisements of all newly-regulated covered tobacco products must bear the following warning statement:

“WARNING: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical.”

If the tobacco product manufacturer submits a self-certification statement to FDA that the newly-regulated tobacco product does not contain nicotine (and that the manufacturer has data to support this assertion), then an alternate statement must be used on product packages and advertisements:

“This product is made from tobacco.”

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I think you said/thought that his show has a long lead time. I can't imagine him not jumping at that topic.
I mean it's a satirical gift.
Your letter was AWESOME, by the way!! :wub:

I meant Smokey Joe Oliver making an exception for @Rossum to advertise OMG-Juice! on ECF.

The biggest drawback is that in order to implement it, I expect I'd have to sign up as a "vendor" on ECF. :eek:

And John Oliver does have a longer lead time than daily shows, but it's not as long as I thought. I'm glad you liked the letter. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread