The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Oliver, May 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Katmar

Katmar Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    It may be bad, but it's not over, Robino. Check out CASAA's response

• Like Like x 4
  2. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    ^^^^^THE END GAME^^^^

Good luck. :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. postembr2

postembr2 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Sao Paulo Brazil
    Expect every press telling tomorrow how well FDA is protecting the children from the tobbaco menace

• Like Like x 10
  4. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    You go to a store and buy a bottle of VG it costs pennies.
    You go and buy some VG from an e cig vendor they want 6 times that.

No surprise they are getting regulated is it !.

• Like Like x 3
  5. evan le'garde

Apr 3, 2013
    Should i care about the little guy ?.

Not really no !.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    The only answer to this is massive social disobedience. Ghandi demonstrated it very effectively. And the constant "in your face" that others around us need from us to understand how government is victimizing smokers. The shoe must be on the other foot now. They must truly be made to appreciate just how miserable this is and we are. It's not whether we're going to be inconvenienced or put upon now. There's no doubt. We are being ground under the boot. If you're a vaper, you need to get that this is personal. Every vaper must be an activist for their own freedom of choice.

• Like Like x 26
  7. Endor

Endor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Southern California
    No, it began a long time ago, with the demonization of cigarettes with usage bans and the whole second-hand smoke crap.

This is just the next step. Further down the line: control of your sugar intake, fat intake, red meat intake. Basically, unless you're eating organic kale, it will be controlled by a government agency somewhere... maybe the FDA, maybe your state.

• Like Like x 23
  8. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    True that, they stigmatized smokers in the same manner to get where they are now (and most did nothing). Who knows this better than us. But this rises to a whole new level of preemption of the individual right and a prescient government authority to foresee and forcibly prevent self-harm.

• Like Like x 7
  9. nlgeekdad

nlgeekdad Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I wonder what impact this will have on Canada. I know it will have an effect on us I am just not sure how.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

I'm trying to find it!!!! :(

• Like Like x 3
  11. evan le'garde

Apr 3, 2013
    If e cig vendors started selling cans of baked beans they'd charge me £3 a can.

• Like Like x 2
  12. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Seeing this going down I can't help wondering how many other minority groups have been similarly screwed over the years and I didn't notice or care because it wasn't happening to me.

• Like Like x 26
  13. Endor

Endor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Southern California
    Yes, they are. Only BT will be able to jump through the complex regulatory hoops this deeming just set up.

We will have e-cigarettes after the dust settles on this in 2 years, but only the cigalike/closed systems like Blu et al.

FDA just handed the entire market to BT. But that was their intent anyway.... somebody has to pay the bills.

• Like Like x 13
  14. Katmar

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    • Like Like x 10
  15. bobwho77

bobwho77 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Ypsilanti mi
    Signed and shared

ETA Called my Congresswoman's office (per the CASAA CTA) and politely shared my thoughts, and opinions, along with a bit of personal background.
    It may not be much, but I've done what I can, for now

• Like Like x 9
  16. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 7
  17. therussellv

therussellv Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Winters, Texas
    The opinion of a Texan

In the words of Robert Stephenson Smythe Baden Powell: "expect the best, but be prepared for the worst.

For the last two years I have been collecting materials and knowledge to make myself independant in terms of vaping, i could easily go 5 years or more without making any vape purchases. It would be a bit boring, but i would get through.

That having been said, it is my opinion, based on a lifetime of observing yankee nanny state politicians who just want to save us from ourselves, that with the developments in forward thinking coming out of England lately, all this will blow over soon and we will be back to normal.
    Dont get me wrong, dont stop fighting, dont stop protesting, dont stop calling your representatives, just dont panic, and BE PREPARED.

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

• Like Like x 22
  18. Katmar

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    You should care about ALL of them. The vaping industry can weed out the bad seeds on their own. Many small mom and pop sites are meticulous in their work. They need our support.

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Katmar

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Well said, and I hope you are correct...:)

• Like Like x 4
  20. jtpjc

jtpjc Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    To quote Bugs Bunny: This means war. And you know Bugs always wins.

• Like Like x 15