Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
This just means they will tax the @&$! out of it now. Prices will sky rocket as juice companies will panic and start gouging the consumer. Small companies will start going belly up immediately.

This is sad times for us all. :(

^^^^^THE END GAME^^^^

Good luck. :(

Reactions: skoony

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The thing i'm concerned about is D.I.Y. If these or any future regulations affect D.I.Y then i'll start worrying. No one can deny the massive profit margins gained from pre made e liquids. I think the government have noticed this too. Those companies who have been making and selling e liquids from the start, i'm pretty sure they'll easily be able to afford any fees payable to the government. All the little guys will most certainly go out of business though.

Can e liquid manufacturers justify their prices ?.
Are these guys to blame for e liquid regulations ?.

I've read time and time again that this whole regulation thing is about money and not the public health.

So you have to ask yourself why is this happening because it doesn't seem to make any sense, not from the public health point of view.

I think the government wants a piece of the action !.

The only answer to this is massive social disobedience. Ghandi demonstrated it very effectively. And the constant "in your face" that others around us need from us to understand how government is victimizing smokers. The shoe must be on the other foot now. They must truly be made to appreciate just how miserable this is and we are. It's not whether we're going to be inconvenienced or put upon now. There's no doubt. We are being ground under the boot. If you're a vaper, you need to get that this is personal. Every vaper must be an activist for their own freedom of choice.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Exactly ngd. Far worse than prohibition…the notion that government has the power to regulate your health. It begins here.
No, it began a long time ago, with the demonization of cigarettes with usage bans and the whole second-hand smoke crap.

This is just the next step. Further down the line: control of your sugar intake, fat intake, red meat intake. Basically, unless you're eating organic kale, it will be controlled by a government agency somewhere... maybe the FDA, maybe your state.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
No, it began a long time ago, with the demonization of cigarettes with usage bans and the whole second-hand smoke crap.

This is just the next step. Further down the line: control of your sugar intake, fat intake, red meat intake. Basically, unless you're eating organic kale, it will be controlled by a government agency somewhere... maybe the FDA, maybe your state.

True that, they stigmatized smokers in the same manner to get where they are now (and most did nothing). Who knows this better than us. But this rises to a whole new level of preemption of the individual right and a prescient government authority to foresee and forcibly prevent self-harm.

nlgeekdad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Exactly ngd. Far worse than prohibition…the notion that government has the power to regulate your health. It begins here.

Good luck. :danger:

I wonder what impact this will have on Canada. I know it will have an effect on us I am just not sure how.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The only answer to this is massive social disobedience. Ghandi demonstrated it very effectively. And the constant "in your face" that others around us need from us to understand how government is victimizing smokers. The shoe must be on the other foot now. They must truly be made to understand just how miserable this is and we are. It's not whether we're going to be inconvenienced or put upon now. There's no doubt. We are being ground under the boot. If you're a vaper, you need to get that this is personal. Every vaper must be an activist for their own freedom of choice.

Seeing this going down I can't help wondering how many other minority groups have been similarly screwed over the years and I didn't notice or care because it wasn't happening to me.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
The FDA protecting us from Tobacco is a joke. Last I checked you can buy a pack of smokes. The FDA is protecting BT, BP, and BG so tax revenue doesn't go down. This stuff is really out of hand. They could care less about the average person. Who do they think they are fooling.
Yes, they are. Only BT will be able to jump through the complex regulatory hoops this deeming just set up.

We will have e-cigarettes after the dust settles on this in 2 years, but only the cigalike/closed systems like Blu et al.

FDA just handed the entire market to BT. But that was their intent anyway.... somebody has to pay the bills.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
It is about to hit the fan and I for one am still fighting. If you haven't signed this petition yet U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products , Please do. It is getting very close to time for it to be sent to those that could do something about this. It will surprise me if they even read it but it is one more outlet for our anger and if we do nothing, they win by default.

Signed and shared

ETA Called my Congresswoman's office (per the CASAA CTA) and politely shared my thoughts, and opinions, along with a bit of personal background.
It may not be much, but I've done what I can, for now

Last edited:

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
The opinion of a Texan

In the words of Robert Stephenson Smythe Baden Powell: "expect the best, but be prepared for the worst.

For the last two years I have been collecting materials and knowledge to make myself independant in terms of vaping, i could easily go 5 years or more without making any vape purchases. It would be a bit boring, but i would get through.

That having been said, it is my opinion, based on a lifetime of observing yankee nanny state politicians who just want to save us from ourselves, that with the developments in forward thinking coming out of England lately, all this will blow over soon and we will be back to normal.
Dont get me wrong, dont stop fighting, dont stop protesting, dont stop calling your representatives, just dont panic, and BE PREPARED.

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Should i care about the little guy ?.

Not really no !.

You should care about ALL of them. The vaping industry can weed out the bad seeds on their own. Many small mom and pop sites are meticulous in their work. They need our support.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
The opinion of a Texan

In the words of Robert Stephenson Smythe Baden Powell: "expect the best, but be prepared for the worst.

For the last two years I have been collecting materials and knowledge to make myself independant in terms of vaping, i could easily go 5 years or more without making any vape purchases. It would be a bit boring, but i would get through.

That having been said, it is my opinion, based on a lifetime of observing yankee nanny state politicians who just want to save us from ourselves, that with the developments in forward thinking coming out of England lately, all this will blow over soon and we will be back to normal.
Dont get me wrong, dont stop fighting, dont stop protesting, dont stop calling your representatives, just dont panic, and BE PREPARED.

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

Well said, and I hope you are correct...:)

Users who are viewing this thread