The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Oliver, May 5, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. r055co

r055co Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Agreed, I have 4 liters in the freezer, serious overkill but I am also concerned about friends and family.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Exactly. With the kind of vaping we know inaccessible to normal people the success rate will take a dive (as planned). It's worth fighting for that to never happen.
    If they're sticking to the battery argument in the strictest way possible then yes. Again, veterans or insiders will know how to still get those, buy a 3d model of a squonk box and print it out somewhere, order some metal tubes and build your mech (or mod a flashlight).

This would be completely ridiculous, it's would be much worse than our current version of the TPD, especially when they ban flavors from vape shops and only allow a few juices (and yes, veterans will know how to still get flavors but that's not the point).

Couldn't agree more. Same goes for regulated devices with builtin LiPo, people will try to replace it. With flavors, people will order any food flavors to make liquid, be it safe for inhaling or not. It's a big step back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    To be honest if there is a ban or excessive taxes this will spur up an industry just for that reason alone, underground of course.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    I've got LED flashlight heads with a 510 pin, perfect for my 4.2V Mech's, they become an expensive flashlight ;)

But if this does happen we as Veteran Vapers must be vigilant and keep the momentum going. Don't submit to Government and Big Pharma's corruption.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    That's a big part of why I'm learning CAD. The more free printable mods available the more accessible they will stay.
    Yep. In London illegal cigarette sales have skyrocketed since they made the packs prohibitively expensive (eg a pack of Benson&Hedges costs about 10.50$/7.65£)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Regardless of what they do, and the minor/major disagreements in opinion discussed here, the main underlying theme is:

You can’t kill and IDEA.

Vaping is that idea.

For the first time in recorded history, people have seen the light, which is freedom from an addiction to combustible tobacco cigarettes...and/or cigars, dip, etc.

Be it for the obvious health benefits, financial benefits, etc...

The vaping “cat” is out of the proverbial bag, and will never be put back in.

——
    As for the Big Pharma/Big Tobacco/Big Gov end game...?

I see it as that gang of thugs (because that’s what they are) trying to stifle a “grassroots” industry...at least long enough for them to put out their own “vaping products” and bring their loyal customer base back into the fold.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    You mean extract it from tobacco? That seems to be fairly difficult, and the folks who know how to do it on a small (rather than industrial) scale aren't very open about the exact methods they use.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I don't if I have to extract it or manufacture it from raw elements (pure chemistry).

• Like Like x 2
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's too early to panic, but I continue preparing. My main focus ATM is nicotine, not so much batteries or flavors, I doubt that it will be possible to stamp those out. I have enough gear for the rest of my life. Perhaps I might *desire* more, but I have a feeling I will get by quite nicely for many years to come, and as the dust settles, I still doubt I'll be sorry for a bit of stockpiling. Honestly, if nothing else happens, prices will continue to rise due to taxation. I think more will happen, but it's too early to predict. Etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    In the loosely paraphrased words of Amy Berman Jackson... "An e-Cigarette is not a box or a ball."

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Reyth_

Reyth_ Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Wow. Well the tone of this thread seems to indicate that expert opinion is now that change is a commin'.

I use an EGO clone and so if they hit batteries I will be toasted once they die, then?

I am expecting that I can pursue alternatives with the experts here. Treating me as a newbie, never having vaped and my EGO is outlawed, how long should it take for me to get a workaround mod system do you think?

Should I stockpile a single set of batteries and freeze them? That way I can have time to implement the workaround mod?

• Creative Creative x 2
  12. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Can’t speak to the rest of your post, but NEVER freeze batteries.

MAYBE the fridge if you have to, but freezing causes crystals, and crystals destroy the insides of batteries.

I know there are plenty of old timers here who may argue against me on that, based on their experience, but I have a degree in automotive technology...and the areas in my degree that dealt with batteries was among my best subject, due to the instructor’s wealth of knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    How to Store Batteries

Learn about storage temperatures and state-of-charge conditions.

The recommended storage temperature for most batteries is 15°C (59°F); the extreme allowable temperature is –40°C to 50°C (–40°C to 122°F) for most chemistries. While lead acid must always be kept at full charge during storage, nickel- and lithium-based chemistries should be stored at around a 40 percent state-of-charge (SoC). This minimizes age-related capacity loss while keeping the battery operational and allowing for some self-discharge.

BU-702: How to Store Batteries – Battery University

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  14. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'd look into some of the smaller 18650 box mods, and pick up a few of those. The 18650 is used in lots of other applications, so won't be going away any time soon, so other than those needed to test out your new mods, no need to stockpile them.

And many of us have taken a similar approach to the topper, moving to full rebuildable, so if/when it's no longer possible to get new heads for your current topper you're not left without.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Car batteries are lead-acid chemistry, not lithium-ion. ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. mikepetro

mikepetro Vape Geek Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    First, ALWAYS have a backup mod. Get another Ego now if you dont have one. You might also consider an iStick that takes a 18650 battery, those batteries will be around forever, too many mainstream non-vape consumption uses of them.

If the shinola hits the fan, we will see it coming in time for people to obtain alternatives.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Personally I would not stockpile much in the way of batteries. Li-ion batteries degrade with age, even if they're stored under optimal conditions. Exactly how much they degrade with age and whether this degradation is linear with time is the subject of some debate and uncertainty.

IMO, finding a power source is probably the least of one's worries when it comes to being able to vape in the future.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Reyth_

Reyth_ Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Mmkay. Well at this point Gov isn't poised to outlaw juice? Or have I missed this?

iStick... Wats that? (I prefer a link from you guys instead of Google/Dogpile/Yippy)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Well, if it wasn't for the current administration's 4-year delay of the PMTA requirement, yes, pretty much all commercial juice would technically be outlawed as of this coming August.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Reyth_

Reyth_ Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Aha, commercial meaning all but "juice bootleggers"?

• Funny Funny x 1