Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Are there any specific brands that come to mind when speaking of “good” mechs that most would agree on? That would help narrow down my research quite a bit.

And it will definitely give me peace of mind because I worry. A lot.

Thanks all!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Are there any specific brands that come to mind when speaking of “good” mechs that most would agree on? That would help narrow down my research quite a bit.

And it will definitely give me peace of mind because I worry. A lot.
What's your vaping style? MTL? DTL? What kind of atty are you currently using? What wattage are you currently running? How much juice do you go through per day?

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
What's your vaping style? MTL? DTL? What kind of atty are you currently using? What wattage are you currently running? How much juice do you go through per day?

I vape DTL usually using a .4 or .25 coil at about 60ish watts. I go through about 25mgs per day and I have several attys but use mostly the Cascade and planning on using the OBS engine nano soon.

Thanks so much @Rossum :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I vape DTL usually using a .4 or .25 coil at about 60ish watts. I go through about 25mgs per day and I have several attys but use mostly the Cascade and planning on using the OBS engine nano soon.
60 watts is approaching the limits of a single-cell mech, at least for something a person is looking to vape on all day long rather than just a few pulls to show off with. I vape mechanical squonkers all day every day, but I'm strictly MTL at closer to 20 watts than 60, so I'm probably not the best person to provide specific product advice for you. :oops:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
First make a choice on where you want the fire button. Many are on the bottom, some on the side at the bottom and some on the side at the top. What's comfy for you?

And do consider getting either some fuse modules (not all mechs have collapsing safety springs to disconnect the battery) or some Kick modules, which turn a mech into a regulated mod. (But adjustment requires opening up the mech to get access, and not all mechs have room for a Kick without and extension.)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
First make a choice on where you want the fire button. Many are on the bottom, some on the side at the bottom and some on the side at the top. What's comfy for you?
I don't think this should be a primary consideration. Since the device(s) are intended as a backup when all else fails, I think durability and maintainability should be factor number one.

And do consider getting either some fuse modules (not all mechs have collapsing safety springs to disconnect the battery) or some Kick modules, which turn a mech into a regulated mod. (But adjustment requires opening up the mech to get access, and not all mechs have room for a Kick without and extension.)
Last I looked, Kicks topped out at around 20 watts; not enough to keep her vaping in the style to which she's become accustomed. Even a fuse is a dicey proposition at the currents needed for 60 watts from a single-cell mech. Sure, you can get a fuse that will reliably carry the current, but the question is whether such a fuse will actually blow before the battery vents if there is a short.

Given today's market and the way she vapes, she might be better off getting a couple or three spare regulated mods, verifying that they work correctly, and then putting them away until they are needed.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I don't think this should be a primary consideration. Since the device(s) are intended as a backup when all else fails, I think durability and maintainability should be factor number one.

Last I looked, Kicks topped out at around 20 watts; not enough to keep her vaping in the style to which she's become accustomed. Even a fuse is a dicey proposition at the currents needed for 60 watts from a single-cell mech. Sure, you can get a fuse that will reliably carry the current, but the question is whether such a fuse will actually blow before the battery vents if there is a short.

Given today's market and the way she vapes, she might be better off getting a couple or three spare regulated mods, verifying that they work correctly, and then putting them away until they are needed.

And that’s why i just bought regulated mod #8 lol! Of course if my choice is not vaping at all or vaping at lower wattages then there’s no question I’ll vape at lower watts.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Kind of a toss up for me, but if the fire button isn't in a comfortable place for me, I know I'll never really like using the device. So, for me, getting that settled first, then researching the ones that check that box and have good reports of durability and easy maintenance makes sense.

Yeah, Kicks and fuses may not allow high power vaping, but when the alternative to tootling is smoking....

(Than again, I'm a tootler, seldom over 10 watts, and have a LOT of regulated mods in the stash, I hopefully won't ever have to pull my mechs out! :lol: )

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Is there no shame?
1x
?

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So the ANTZ used kids for their anti-vaping cause and now the kids were used as props again yesterday for a different stunt/cause. Is there no shame?

Forgive me if my assumption is incorrect, but are you referring to the I don't want to get shot in school protest yesterday? It is certainly a different issue than vaping, politically loaded, and probably not the direction this thread should head in.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Forgive me if my assumption is incorrect, but are you referring to the I don't want to get shot in school protest yesterday? It is certainly a different issue than vaping, politically loaded, and probably not the direction this thread should head in.
You're right. I don't want it to head there. But my point is kids are being used as props and we vapers know all too well about that ploy. It isn't the issue, it's the tactics.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Regardless of the cause, the #1 way to get public sentiment on your side is to make it seem like your cause will save kids from something. To answer your question, in politics, there is absolutely ZERO shame unless you accidentally get caught. The ends always justify the means, as long as you get your agenda moved forward and still get reelected.

To that end we need to show how vaping will save "at risk" kids from smoking.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep but first we have to get the general public and the media to accept that vaping is NOT more harmful than smoking. I wouldn't suggest FB as a platform for that :lol::lol:, and it's going to be a long, uphill battle fo' sho. Though, I disagree in principle for using kids to "show" anything, other than it's ungodly expensive, hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears, etc.

We also need to show that devious little teenagers need to reap the repercussions of their decisions, also hard to do. Some of those parents have bought into their teens little war cries. "I was just trying it!" "Someone made me try this Julie thingy and then I was hooked!" "No, I'm NOT buying beer through the homeless person, he was stalking me," etc.

My son's favorite war cry when caught was "I don't remember anything! Someone must have spiked my "whatever whatever whatever!" LOL.

I don't understand the parents that actually believe this and waste their time crusading against "the substance." I always used to tell my kid that if he memory was THAT faulty, he'd better remain safe in his room until his "missing memories" resurfaced, and that we'd need a cat scan, and possibly a long term care facility.

He remembered everything. LOL. This has nothing to do with the children, and everything to do with the parents, some of whom are NOT devious, and buy into these types of remarks. All that energy focused on mad crusades "against whatever" would be so much better spent parenting.

Substances are ALWAYS going to be there, and probably since the dawn of time. The kids that have issues need help. Vaping needs NOTHING other than continued (hopefully) non-smear campaigned studies to continue, that and a sane set of lawmakers to deal with them.

That will not be the case, as "save the children" has been a war cry since I can remember. The pols LOVE to use that one, gets a bunch of parents with no tough or boundaries all grouped together like lemmings but "laser focused" on their goal to make the world SAFE.

The world is not safe, has not ever been, and will not ever been. Being alive is a suicide mission from the moment you are born, etc.

Anna

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just like consistency. We can argue the rightness and/or wrongness of any issue but when we're inconsistent then there is no starting point for debate. Then nothing gets solved.

If it is wrong for someone to say kids should not be used to advance the anti-vape agenda then it should be wrong to use kids to advance an issue like we saw yesterday. We can't say it is OK to use kids as props only when we agree with the side they are being exploited by. This is my point. I have seen many, many comments on this thread voicing their displeasure with the use of kids to advance the anti-vape narrative. Then it stands they should not be used to advance any ideological narrative. If we can get past this then more constructive efforts to debate the real issues will prevail.

Sadly, Scott is correct though and I'm afraid it is beyond repair.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I don't like seeing kids "used" for anything, including crusades against guns. NO ONE should have allowed that chick to make that speech, IMO. Simply because she will get chewed up and spat out by the media and wind up commentating on "ESPN" and as far as I'm concerned, that's a fate worse than death. I mean.... Having a personal opinion is one thing, being a "crusade" for a movement is another.

I hated it when Jenny McCarthy did it to HER kid (who is now magically cured, BTW) and I hate it when parents or other entities (especially government entities) USE children to advance agendas.

That is also why I am anti public-school (propaganda machines) and spent considerable time and money ensuring my kid got a good education. He wanted to try public HS and when it got bad enough, (middle of 10th grade) I made him get his GED. He passed all parts "with honors" and (I don't quite know what that "means" other than a high score) and that's pretty pathetic for 10th grade. He did inform me that he learned NO math from 6th grade on, because that was how advanced his East Coast Private Catholic school got him. I can't imagine leaving him there for another 2.5 years would have done much good other than trouble/propaganda, so I'm glad I did what I did.

Of course, I think AZ floats somewhere in the bottom 3 states for education. Thank God he was a born autodidact, and I encouraged it completely since I am one myself.....

It's pretty sad though, when attending a PUBLIC school is actually going to make your life worse, because you are impressionable. That is not what school is FOR, as far as I remember. Of course, I didn't go to public school and went to a good college and etc.

But, it still sucks.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration took a fresh step on Thursday towards setting a maximum nicotine level for tobacco products in a bid to lower tobacco-related deaths across the country, saying it would collect public comment and scientific research over the next three months.

The move was part of a comprehensive plan the agency announced last summer to regulate tobacco and nicotine, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said on a call with reporters. That plan marked a major shift designed to give adult smokers a wider range of alternatives, including potentially less harmful e-cigarettes.

..."

FDA takes fresh step towards curbing U.S. nicotine addiction

Users who are viewing this thread