Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
As I posted in another thread, I'm in Rome for a month. Smoking is much more common here than in the US. vaping I think exists less commonly, but does exist. Neither one is demonized. Although smoking is discouraged, and taxed, it isn't demonized. Although smoking is prohibited in places such as the airport, vaping is perfectly acceptable there. Which I knew from my last trip. I happily vaped in the airport awaiting my flight while the smokers were closeted into a glass lined tiny lounge. I sat there vaping away and someone occasionally looked over at my exhalations, no one said a word. But the smokers do have a lounge, segregated from others. Not encouraged behavior, but it's understood that adults have that right, and those who don't partake are protected from the fumes.
IMHO, it's all about our puritan culture in the US. And our over protectiveness of "children." Sure, it's proper to set a good example, and sure it's good to guide the kids away from harmful behavior. But, good grief, I was a kid and I did what I wanted to, in secret or not. The kiddie thing is a ruse.

View attachment 742953

That is a gorgeous picture. Have fun over there.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Well, somehow I thought that that pic was labeled, but I don't see it. It's Trajan's Forum, which ain't the big Forum everyone's heard of. Forum just means a public square in Latin. This one is not far from the big one. The column is Trajan's column, which is from around 112AD. He was an emperor and the column is carved with his military victories.

I'm going to do as the contemporary Romans do, and as @Rossum implied: have some fun, a little vino, see the sights. Not my first time here, but I love this place. I'm accompanying a woman who's doing some work over here. It's the home of my ancestors, so I'll be catching up with the past.
It's kind of off topic, so I'll stop talking about it. But, it's kind of on topic in that there is no stigma here, governmental or from the people about vaping. People could care less. The government, as far as I can tell, only cares about taxation. Hmm, sounds somewhat familiar.
So, one more pic. This of course is the Colosseum. The scale of the thing is amazing, see the little people over on the side? It was finished beautifully, but either weathered off or was removed for reuse in the 2000 years since it was built. I gotta say, those Romans did amazing engineering.
Colosseo copy.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
@newyork13 Another great image. I am curious what camera do you use?
Funny that you ask, because I keep packing my camera, but hardly ever use it.
The pics were taken with my iPhone 6s. I think they've done really good things technologically. It'll never (at least this year LOL) be as good as a really good camera, nor as versatile, but it's awfully good. I'm happy you've enjoyed them!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
It's on topic in that I asked... :2c:
Thank you. :thumb:
You're welcome, my friend. Honestly, there's so much doom and gloom, so much nastiness, so much crap out there, and of course so much sadness in life. I'm happy to provide a bit of fun, amusement and pointers to the wondrousness of life, which I keep forgetting frankly.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
You're welcome, my friend. Honestly, there's so much doom and gloom, so much nastiness, so much crap out there, and of course so much sadness in life. I'm happy to provide a bit of fun, amusement and pointers to the wondrousness of life, which I keep forgetting frankly.
Not only out there, a bunch of crap in here too with folks bickering back and forth. Much of it not more than mental .........ion. We couldnt unify a jury of 12, let alone the vaping community.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, somehow I thought that that pic was labeled, but I don't see it. It's Trajan's Forum, which ain't the big Forum everyone's heard of. Forum just means a public square in Latin. This one is not far from the big one. The column is Trajan's column, which is from around 112AD. He was an emperor and the column is carved with his military victories.

I'm going to do as the contemporary Romans do, and as @Rossum implied: have some fun, a little vino, see the sights. Not my first time here, but I love this place. I'm accompanying a woman who's doing some work over here. It's the home of my ancestors, so I'll be catching up with the past.
It's kind of off topic, so I'll stop talking about it. But, it's kind of on topic in that there is no stigma here, governmental or from the people about vaping. People could care less. The government, as far as I can tell, only cares about taxation. Hmm, sounds somewhat familiar.
So, one more pic. This of course is the Colosseum. The scale of the thing is amazing, see the little people over on the side? It was finished beautifully, but either weathered off or was removed for reuse in the 2000 years since it was built. I gotta say, those Romans did amazing engineering. View attachment 743353
Baltimore Ravens vs Los Angeles Rams...Week 1
Tickets still available.
Ox Cart Shuttles available.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Congress passed and Trump signed the "Right to Try" bill today allowing terminally diagnosed patients the right to try experimental drugs (not yet FDA approved but thru Phase 1). Anyone one seeing the parallels with vaping here? Scott Gottlieb was on Shannon Bream's show last night defending this bill. Yo Scott, smokers are terminal too according to the Surgeon General. Want proof? Read the side of a pack of cigarettes.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Not a good day to be a Vape Shop in The City.
Any city... I can see this setting a precedent ans snowballing.

I can also see a lot of shops sub-dividing their space... Vape on one side, flavoring shop on the other (with helpful recipes provided).

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
In fact, I could see small flavor shops popping up offering custom blends. Go to the vape shop and get a 100ml short fill, step next door to a non-vaping food-based store and buy a 10ml bottle of a specifically blended flavor.

They can ban flavored e-liquid, but they can't ban flavors... Too many other uses... Bakeries, restaurants, etc.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Yep... That is how the Dominoes Start to Fall.

Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street
Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the Same street

It just Drives Out Local Businesses. And pushes more Market Share into a Net Based Market.

Which is Great if you are looking to Reduce Local Tax Revenues.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yep... That is how the Dominoes Start to Fall.

Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street
Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the Same street

It just Drives Out Local Businesses. And pushes more Market Share into a Net Based Market.

Which is Great if you are looking to Reduce Local Tax Revenues.
And increase unemployment.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Not a good day to be a Vape Shop in The City.

I can also see a lot of shops sub-dividing their space... Vape on one side, flavoring shop on the other (with helpful recipes provided).
In fact, I could see small flavor shops popping up offering custom blends. Go to the vape shop and get a 100ml short fill, step next door to a non-vaping food-based store and buy a 10ml bottle of a specifically blended flavor.

They can ban flavored e-liquid, but they can't ban flavors... Too many other uses... Bakeries, restaurants, etc.

Huh? What are you guys talking about?

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Well it sounds like you can buy unflavored, and considering you can still buy/sell individual flavor concentrates and 0 nic flavor mixes. Just sell the 2 separately with the disclaimer "Not for use with tobacco products" on the label. Win.

Really though San Francisco politicians sound like the "illegitimate" children of Kim Jong Un and The Grinch.

Users who are viewing this thread