Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

flavor911

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
PA USA
www.vaporgod.com
Well unless I've scanned this BOOK of a reg incorrectly the summary is this:

90 days for sellers to implement age verification. Online sellers can use what the online cigar sellers have used for years as long as it requires photo ID. I would suspect many will go with Photo ID required shipping which may increase shipping rates for some vapers.

2 years to submit your products to the FDA for approval at 1mil per product. That's never going to happen except for the tobacco and Pharma companies.

2 years from today the only vaping products you will see are from Big T and Big P. Everyone else will be gone.

Think I have that right but if I missed something please let me know. Sad day but at least we have two years. Maybe someone can kill it during that period.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
What happen in us is the same as here in Brazil our local FDA counterpart banned all ecigs on 2009 nut since that we just have a overpriced black market.
The issue on us is dangerous because of the domino effect that will happen over Europe and worldwide. Everyone except China will put vaping in a black market.
This will not deny us the use I have to deal montly with people that do me a great favor importing the goods but this at least in Brazil made the establish of a regular market impossible. At least in us with a big market already present the fight will be much more effective. Here they seized the market before even it could exist.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Well unless I've scanned this BOOK of a reg incorrectly the summary is this:

90 days for sellers to implement age verification. Online sellers can use what the online cigar sellers have used for years as long as it requires photo ID. I would suspect many will go with Photo ID required shipping which may increase shipping rates for some vapers.

2 years to submit your products to the FDA for approval at 1mil per product. That's never going to happen except for the Tobacco and Pharma companies.

2 years from today the only vaping products you will see are from Big T and Big P. Everyone else will be gone.

Think I have that right but if I missed something please let me know. Sad day but at least we have two years. Maybe someone can kill it during that period.

I've seen some folks saying that if manufacturers like FastTech, etc, apply, other smaller businesses will be covered if they use the same products.

flavor911

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
PA USA
www.vaporgod.com
Yes, the FDA quote I linked gives roughly three years for a product before enforcement.
Three years for enforcement but if you don't have your products submitted in two years along with your 1mil payment and they show up at your door....yer screwed.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Yea but they will not place 1 million per product that would be over a billion for 1000 products.
The absurd price is just a way to kill the market plain simple

I've seen some folks saying that if manufacturers like FastTech, etc, apply, other smaller businesses will be covered if they use the same products.
Ver

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I've signed off for an hour or so - "The Lobbyist" will be blogging in the meantime....

Take a break. You've earned it. Thank you, Joe, for keeping us informed and for fighting so hard for all of us. I hope we will ALL continue to fight.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The FDA protecting us from Tobacco is a joke. Last I checked you can buy a pack of smokes. The FDA is protecting BT, BP, and BG so tax revenue doesn't go down. This stuff is really out of hand. They couldn't care less about the average person. Who do they think they are fooling.

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The FDA protecting us from Tobacco is a joke. Last I checked you can buy a pack of smokes. The FDA is protecting BT, BP, and BG so tax revenue doesn't go down. This stuff is really out of hand. They could care less about the average person. Who do they think they are fooling.

The Public. Good luck. :)

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
The FDA protecting us from Tobacco is a joke. Last I checked you can buy a pack of smokes. The FDA is protecting BT, BP, and BG so tax revenue doesn't go down. This stuff is really out of hand. They could care less about the average person. Who do they think they are fooling.
The bad part is they are fooling a lot of seemingly intelligent people. Hard to believe.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
The thing i'm concerned about is D.I.Y. If these or any future regulations affect D.I.Y then i'll start worrying. No one can deny the massive profit margins gained from pre made e liquids. I think the government have noticed this too. Those companies who have been making and selling e liquids from the start, i'm pretty sure they'll easily be able to afford any fees payable to the government. All the little guys will most certainly go out of business though.

Can e liquid manufacturers justify their prices ?.
Are these guys to blame for e liquid regulations ?.

I've read time and time again that this whole regulation thing is about money and not the public health.

So you have to ask yourself why is this happening because it doesn't seem to make any sense, not from the public health point of view.

I think the government wants a piece of the action !.

Users who are viewing this thread