Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
We need a Deregulator-n-Chief, 2-fer-1 don't cut it.

How about a Dept of De-Regulation?

Good luck. :)

p.s. Only meant sarcastically. It could become bigger than gov itself.
p.s.s.. They're really goin downtown with the "sickness" down here in S FL on the local news. Got a bunch of calls.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Is there any other place outside the UK that has it right?

Dunno?

I hear bits and Pieces from Places like Germany and France. And I seem to recall something about New Zealand relaxing things. Same with Canada.

I tend to be More Focused on what is going on in the USA.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think Britain has most things "right' compared to many other countries, except for the weather, and well, some other stuff ,but they are comparatively sane, and certainly seem to have their well, thoughts straight (except Brexit and I don't even mean Brexit itself just the whole "YES we MUST, oh no wait we WON no we CAN'T!: aspect of it.)

I spent a summer in Britain with a British boyfriend and like, the parting was so similar to [Insert whatever romantic Movie Parting] you'd like here.

I totally sometimes think I should have talked him into marrying me, but back then I suffered from morals, although I BET we would have been VERY HAPPY that's the thing. At the time, he was still getting BUI (biking while intoxicated) and stuff, but he settled down later in life I can spot a hidden unpolished gem I guess (apart from the first husband don't quite know what happened there LOL) and I still sometimes well think, "I could be living in Britain right now and etc."

Anna

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I had a hunch vaping was in trouble when a few weeks ago I asked my high school age grandson if it was true that it was rampant in school and he confirmed it was. His take is that it wouldn't be popular if it wasn't forbidden fruit.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Eventually I see where e-cigarettes could be available by doctor's prescription only.

Even if they did, that still wouldn't stop anything. Opiates are "by prescription only" but that doesn't stop them from being sold all day every day without a prescription on the black market...even to kids. All that would do is give the cartel's a new revenue stream.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
The attack on flavors other than tobacco sure has been gaining traction lately. I wonder how many of our fellow vapers will be able to adjust if it becomes necessary, other than DIY. Massive numbers of people currently buy fruit and dessert premix and this would likely lead some to revert to smoking.

It's clear the FDA is willing to let more adults continue or return to smoking as long as they can show they are attacking the teen pod fad. How hypocritical to finally acknowledge the benefit of ecigs to smokers while drastically constricting their options.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
I saw the PBS report with Mr. Gotlebe tonight. Pretty disturbing. Sounds like they are gonna go after Juul flavors.. prob ban them.. Isn't it a shame when a product is sucessful and inovative and saves lives. Oh yeah.. can't have teens illegally using them. Can't get the supplier. Have to nip it in the bud! Adults are just collateral damage. Also PBS gave a very lopsided report tonight. No vapors, no steak holders, no shop owners, advocacy groups, nada! And it made it all the way to my local nightly news. Don't know how this is going to go but I don't think the FDA has our best interest at heart. edit.. I know they don't! We are just anecdotes according to them.. jeese!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Is a union a special interest?
They don't get to contribute either, I suppose, anymore than any other "interest" would. Special or not.
The idea is nobody gets to buy the politicians...they have to answer to the people, and the people's votes count...one per voter, no "corporations are people" necessary.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
The attack on flavors other than tobacco sure has been gaining traction lately. I wonder how many of our fellow vapers will be able to adjust if it becomes necessary, other than DIY. Massive numbers of people currently buy fruit and dessert premix and this would likely lead some to revert to smoking.

It's clear the FDA is willing to let more adults continue or return to smoking as long as they can show they are attacking the teen pod fad. How hypocritical to finally acknowledge the benefit of ecigs to smokers while drastically constricting their options.
I urge those who struggle with the notion of no flavors to PLEASE try unflavored. Thats what I vape 80% of the time, and it really is quite satisfying once you adjust to it. (plus your coils last longer)

It is certainly a better option than going back to the stinkies....

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
The logic from the FDA seems somewhat off beam here.
1. Surely if these kids weren't vaping they would be smoking?
2. They are assuming these kids will go on to smoke cigarettes and surely they will stay as vapers.
I can see the concern but surely it better to create a new set of vape users than cig users. This ''epidemic'' has the ability to mostly wipe out 'big tobacco' in a generation or two.
I hope you guys work it out. I'm from the UK but live in France.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Say goodbye to all those convenience store counter displays of super tasty candy flavor e-rigs. I remember when they went after the store displays for smokes years ago. Remember Joe Camel? What I am most afraid of is them Taxing E-stuff like they do smokes. A pack here is roughly $9.00. If they tax the snot out of E supplies we will be right back in the same spot.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Say goodbye to all those convenience store counter displays of super tasty candy flavor e-rigs. ...

Yeah... And Say Hello to vape mail which can Only be received with Adult Signature and ID.

Users who are viewing this thread