Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Respectfully but our "Founders" were not special people. They did get a better starter hand, like getting a 3 of spades and a 7 of diamonds vs a suited King and Queen starter hand in life. It's great to have time to ponder how others should live when you get the later hand, but "the mob" aren't somehow less valuable; it's just that in random those lucky hands are rare and crap hands are common. I'd say this is confusing luck of the draw with earned, fair, right, truth, more intelligent, the list goes on and on.

p.s. Okay to be fair they did seem to see past being entitled, but I spent so much time with narcissists and sociopaths, I have learned, they will just say whatever for personal benefit. Still happening.

A republic is to protect the minority, or the one, from the force of the majority (or the mob). I don't want mob rule, do you? Where if a majority decided to knock you over the head and take everything from you, they could, because well, the majority agreed to do so. Our Founders gave us a republic. res publica. Rule by law.

What we have now is not that. We have a runaway government totally outside of their constitutional boundaries, run by something akin to a legalized mob, in my opinion.

It's not my business how you live your life, nor was it ever supposed to be. As long as you do not infringe on my own liberties, it's none of my, or anyone else's business. But, if you do, you are accountable for your own actions, and should expect to be held responsible for them.

No one owes anyone a free ticket. But, we were supposed to be able to keep the fruits of our own labor. Government was never supposed to be a nanny state, or save someone the time of robbing their neighbor, by doing it for them. Nor was our government supposed to pick winners and losers and be for sale to the highest bidder. But, that seems to be what we've had for quite some time.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Very true. I remember "we're not able to ship to California at this time" disclaimers at a few vaping sites. Some minor stupid law that my state had passed... Years ago. Don't even remember what it was all about. Many/some vendors will not risk shipping to states that have banned flavors or whatnot.

Absolutely.

Losing Michigan I'm sure is not good to many On-Line Retailers. But Losing New York State has to be a Major Blow.

---

Do you ever just sit back and Think about all this? All that 11th Special Session Laws we went thru. And that that Entire is the Tax on Final Price or Wholesale Price for CA Manufactures/Retailers. Now the Flavor Bans by declaring an "Emergency".

Jeezeus. It just a GD e-Cigarette for :censored: Sake!

If these States and the Alphabet Federal Agencies would have put 1/3 of the Time/Money/Effort they done to Eliminating a Way to get 10% of the Population off Cigarettes to something like the Opioid Crisis, we probably wouldn't have a Opioid Crisis.

:|

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
An out of state retailer might choose to avoid a state but the interstate commerce clause doesn't let the states have the authority to enforce their laws in other states. ...

Not say'n a State has that Authority.

But if I am in New York State, and Place the Order from Inside New York State, and the Product is delivered to New York State, isn't the Sale considered to have occurred in New York State?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I do, my dear friend and brother-in-arms. :wub:

It just seems like it Keeps Spiraling more and More Out of Control.

And right when you Think it can't get any worse, IT DOES.

Maybe I have been Following this stuff for Too Long. But I can remember a Time when things centered around Smokers wanting to Quit. Or Stay Quit.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Not sure, but this was posted on Ahlusion's FB page (they are in MI):
"For Michigan customers: we will stop taking orders for any non-tobacco flavor on the 26th of September 2019. All other states are not currently affected by this Michigan "rule"."
I still want to know what a non-tobacco flavor is.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Respectfully but our "Founders" were not special people. They did get a better starter hand, like getting a 3 of spades and a 7 of diamonds vs a suited King and Queen starter hand in life. It's great to have time to ponder how others should live when you get the later hand, but "the mob" aren't somehow less valuable; it's just that in random those lucky hands are rare and crap hands are common. I'd say this is confusing luck of the draw with earned, fair, right, truth, more intelligent, the list goes on and on.

p.s. Okay to be fair they did seem to see past being entitled, but I spent so much time with narcissists and sociopaths, I have learned, they will just say whatever for personal benefit. Still happening.
A lot of those "special" people lost everything they owned in the process of giving us a republic.

I have found that luck comes to those who work their asses off. It's a waste of time to be envious of what someone else has. Our country was founded on everyone having the opportunity to be a success through their own hard work and ingenuity. I stress OPPORTUNITY.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No kidding. Some of those chemicals that they put in cigarettes? No thanks. I don't trust them.

The Crazy thing is the for the Last 10 Years or so, BT hasn't put Anything into a Cigarette that the FDA hasn't Known About.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
The political response to the (alleged) epidemic of teen vaping is to vote for increased age limits on kids, and hope enforcement makes some ripples in the 'epidemic' to have kids think twice about using. As all this is so contrary to how I frame the issue, I'm not probably the best person to suggest an age, but I'd go with 21 at minimum, and IMO, 40 isn't out of the question. Cause with this 'solution' at work, kids are clearly still going to vape. So the age we put on it, won't matter. Not really really. But it probably is in vapers' best interest to vote for higher age, even if it is contrary to own principles. Though, I just hope all the adults in that situation have the courage/honesty to realize we (adults) just made the black market for teen vaping. Kids didn't make that market, we adults did. Kids clearly have a demand to be vaping whether you (puritan) adults want to think otherwise. None of our dumb, slow moving laws are going to change a damn thing on this front.

Besides, us politically aware vapers know this isn't about the kids. And never has been.
Law enforcement long ago lost the ability to enforce the endless stream of new laws passed by legislatures every year. Let me know when you see someone pulled over for cell phones, texting, etc. Even supposedly illegal substances are regularly overlooked and "decriminalized".

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
A lot of those "special" people lost everything they owned in the process of giving us a republic.

I have found that luck comes to those who work their asses off. It's a waste of time to be envious of what someone else has. Our country was founded on everyone having the opportunity to be a success through their own hard work and ingenuity. I stress OPPORTUNITY.

I would say you would be a good court girl, maybe a jester or a sychophant suck up to the king, but really, no, this is just hero worship, and explains why so many republicans want a hero, and explains why the germans did too. Sorry, not a sychophant so can never join you.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I would say you would be a good court girl, maybe a jester or a sychophant suck up to the king, but really, no, this is just hero worship, and explains why so many republicans want a hero, and explains why the germans did too. Sorry, not a sychophant so can never join you.
Huh?

Users who are viewing this thread