Elitism in vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
This can of worms is half the traffic here. And entertaining as hell. Other half is cat pictures, but that's every forum.

How many times can you read a thread about how to rebuild an atomizer anyway? Why give psyche majors textbooks anymore? Just let 'em read internet threads on just about anything. They all wind up talking about either the toilet or Hitler.

I stopped trying to convince anyone on the web of anything. Just post for fun. If someone learns from me, great. Neither teach nor preach, just jam. Half my posts are jokes, the other half are bad jokes, I don't care. Just came to learn a little about my new fun hobby and found a bunch of weirdos, and joined the club. I really like so many people here, particularly the ones who just jam. It's like jazz. After a while you just don't take it all that seriously.

Here, everybody, have a bunch of Likes. ProVari, innokin -- Come together, right now, over me.

temp.jpg

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I have yet to succeed in converting others. I have been trying on my father-in-law, my co-worker, and two workers I frequently spoke with while smoking.

I still stand and sit next to them while they smoke and their smoke do not bother me and I most certainly do not look down on them.

With that said, I am pretty sure there are other vapers who are just like me (from observation) and that we are the majority not the minority as far as ECF members are involved.

When it comes to the media...I just ignore them because most of them are speaking out of their A anyway and what they do they do for money or from orders.

I have successfuly converted a couple friends, got my .coworker into mods, my wifes the ecig missionary shes gotten her coworkers on them. Im.desperatly.trying with my mother but she still doesnt like it.

sent from the s4 of DOOOM

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I'm lucky my manic period ended and dumped before I spent any more on gear. I was going completely nuts. I'm pretty sure I spent around 2 grand in a month.

And I thought 126 was bad, of course ive also had to explain.and justify to my wife why I had to sell my truck to buy an amplifier too though

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
The people who work in one of the B&Ms near me are pretty stuck up. They act like they're too good to discuss much with some of their clientele.

It's very off-putting.

The store where I bought my first kit, however, is completely different. They're awesome and extremely helpful although I think I now know more about vaping than THEY do.....lol

My b&m is wonderful as well, one person there has a setup worth a couple times my rent, but has zero issues spending ten minutes helping me decide decide on a coil, or just talking to us about randomness

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
The only thing the news media seems important is the hollywood actors/politicians who stop doing drugs and then become reformed whatever happens to be the most publicized favorite at the time.

We do need more celeb vapers...the good kind though

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I don't see any elitism around here - that would be someone posting about their ego-t and mbv / nicoticket juice and being told to take a hike unless they get a provari and vape nothing but 5P reserves in it.

What you're talking about is just general dickishness, and IMO, there is far, far less of that around here than most places on the internet. Take a wander around any news article or youtube comment section, that'll crush any hope for humanity you may have :laugh:

We all have our little quirks and preferences, whether it be grammer, word usage, clearo vs tank vs dripping, whatever - hopefully, most folks can just roll with it :2cool:

I will say ecf is about the most respectful forum ive participated in

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
My b&m is wonderful as well, one person there has a setup worth a couple times my rent, but has zero issues spending ten minutes helping me decide decide on a coil, or just talking to us about randomness

The last time I went in to see if they had anything interesting one of the guys said, "Hey, she's got better gear than I have!"

I can't help it...it made me feel good....lol

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
The last time I went in to see if they had anything interesting one of the guys said, "Hey, she's got better gear than I have!"

I can't help it...it made me feel good....lol

At mine I usually get furtive glances to see if my wife is with me, and has decided to make good on her threat to sic the iguana on them if they keep letting me.spend money

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I would really be impressed if one of these people I have given kits to would have taken it on their own to check out the links to ecf I gave them but noooooo all they do is call me with problems like it's my fault I tried to help them. If this generation is what we have to look forward to you had better plan on doing it for them.

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I would really be impressed if one of these people I have given kits to would have taken it on their own to check out the links to ecf I gave them but noooooo all they do is call me with problems like it's my fault I tried to help them. If this generation is what we have to look forward to you had better plan on doing it for them.

Its definatly my generation, my vape buddy at work turns to me alot for help with vaping, hes older, and very smart about it, no biggie. Younger vapers I know dont want to learn.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
This can of worms is half the traffic here. And entertaining as hell. Other half is cat pictures, but that's every forum.

How many times can you read a thread about how to rebuild an atomizer anyway? Why give psyche majors textbooks anymore? Just let 'em read internet threads on just about anything. They all wind up talking about either the toilet or Hitler.

I stopped trying to convince anyone on the web of anything. Just post for fun. If someone learns from me, great. Neither teach nor preach, just jam. Half my posts are jokes, the other half are bad jokes, I don't care. Just came to learn a little about my new fun hobby and found a bunch of weirdos, and joined the club. I really like so many people here, particularly the ones who just jam. It's like jazz. After a while you just don't take it all that seriously.

Here, everybody, have a bunch of Likes. ProVari, Innokin -- Come together, right now, over me.

View attachment 305775

Amen to that! BTW, I tried to find a pic of a cat sitting on the toilet while reading Mein Kamf to represent the sad truth of some of your salient points in your post. Seems GoogleImages isn't keeping up with education via random web threads....;)

And just who you callin' a weirdo anyway, I got a problem wiff dat.....:D

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I fully agree shorestyle, its a bit much though dont you think? I mean today I was told im just bull....ting around, and playing as a vaper because im still using a clearo not a rba, by the same person who talked a smoker.out of switching because they wanted to start with an ego kit not a mod...just kind.of irritates me.when I start seeing trends.like this

Well that's just... bad. And probably the kind of place that won't stay in business long anyway. Lose customer #1: Piss them off. Lose customer #2: Don't sell them what they want to buy. Yeah - retail doesn't work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread