Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Oklahoma
Pfft, damn Texans. :D

Chris, everything looks fine in the photos. I would wonder if it's the coil or how the wick is positioned in the chamber.

Thanks! Removed everything but the coil and rebuilt will less cotton. Vapes fine now. And, of couse, I have no idea what the issue was. I did have the AFC ring upside down, :facepalm:, maybe that was it.

Any idea how to get rid of this gap? Yes, yes I am OCD. Second pic is me holding it down.

lkXwtBx.jpg
tcSjyth.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: X-Puppy

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
Thanks Oz. Guess I'll start over from scratch and take pics along the way. Would having the old bell affect this? It's my understanding this is a v1.5 as it has the slot for AFC.

The old bell won't affect that at all. Pics look good to me so I can't really say other than make sure everything is clear in the airway. I use silica or eko in my heron though.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Got my first build done and have a question. Did KGD cotton wick/fluff and the draw is incredibly (unvapable) tight. AFC ring is open, any ideas where I might have missed?

7b52f7b20766df3f94bd8b66fe039e6b.jpg

2587518fa77bb84946d6705828e17587.jpg
e75ac90891ebd2cd6d92ca936da14048.jpg

Thanks! Removed everything but the coil and rebuilt will less cotton. Vapes fine now. And, of couse, I have no idea what the issue was. I did have the AFC ring upside down, :facepalm:, maybe that was it.

i was ready to ask you about it, when i saw the next page with the posts. If the AFC ring is put upside down, then the draw is almost impossible :D

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana

Lol, that might be slightly problematic. I keep my wicks fat where it comes through the cap, just like yours looked in the photo, but I thin it out a touch in the chamber to not slow the airflow or choke the coil. And I don't think I said earlier, but I'm using cotton balls with fluff. I'm still trying to wrap my head around a no-fluff build. Isn't it just an upside down gennie at that point... you know, those attys that leak like hell if you turn them upside down :blink:

I also used my 510 adapter successfully this morning. I carefully filed the screw slot a touch just to be sure (super fine file with a clean corner to make it slightly wider & a hair deeper).

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Just saw the posts on the gap. I had a little issue with mine doing that too. I removed the o-rings, cleaned them & treated them with some Keg Lube (an o-ring conditioner, not really a lube). I also gave the screw-on ring a good cleaning & the inside of the cap a good cleaning. No more gap, the cap sits very snug, but still comes off very nicely.

SoonerChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Oklahoma
i was ready to ask you about it, when i saw the next page with the posts. If the AFC ring is put upside down, then the draw is almost impossible :D

Thanks P. SO glad to be back in the GP family. Selling my 2.5/SnP was the WORST decision I have ever made in vaping.

Just saw the posts on the gap. I had a little issue with mine doing that too. I removed the o-rings, cleaned them & treated them with some Keg Lube (an o-ring conditioner, not really a lube). I also gave the screw-on ring a good cleaning & the inside of the cap a good cleaning. No more gap, the cap sits very snug, but still comes off very nicely.

Where would one find said "Keg Lube"?

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Where would one find said "Keg Lube"?

I think the cleaning was just as important as the conditioner. I've been a brewer for 12, almost 13 years now, so I just have it on hand. You can find it at homebrewing shops pretty easily. Some people suggest some lubes you can find at Home Depot/Lowes, but honestly I haven't found one that's a direct replacement. Plus for how much of it you need, it's not a big deal to buy a little 1 oz jar for a few bucks. It's food safe, waterproof, stable at extremely high temps & low pH, completely flavorless. When you use it, you have to keep in mind it's to condition the rings, not aid directly in sealing... meaning you need just enough to work into the ring to make it look wet/shiny. If you can physically see the compound, you used way, way, way too much. You can find it at a number of homebrew shops, but it's always in the little 1oz black container. I've never used or researched the other varieties that are sold in tubes or other containers. I use it on all my rings, both vaping & in the brewery. It's good for both Buna-N (black) style & silicon (red) style rings.

Keg Lube : Northern Brewer
KEG LUBE | William's Brewing

You could also do some searching for Oklahoma Homebrew & there's very likely a store close to you that carries it.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

Any idea how to get rid of this gap? Yes, yes I am OCD. Second pic is me holding it down.

lkXwtBx.jpg
tcSjyth.jpg

I see at the top of the photo there is a slight gap at the seam of the top cap with the body of the Heron. Is that correct? Please make it flush and post a photo to help me observe the gap in all its glory at the bottom seam, where it touches the base of the Heron. If there is so much space, we'll replace your Heron.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
This may have been asked and answered somewhere in the annals of GP threads past... But what are the chances of a Paps 26650? I'm only asking because I want a 26650 mod, but I look at them and wish they had the features of my Paps X (GPin and switch!!!!!!).

Hmm, I don't see it coming, I feel a bit concerned regarding size and safety and the critical question in my opinion is what will somebody put upon such a monster? I also comprehend that many people love the 26650 size.

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Hmm, I don't see it coming, I feel a bit concerned regarding size and safety and the critical question in my opinion is what will somebody put upon such a monster? I also comprehend that many people love the 26650 size.

I hear ya! I have held several and kind of like them. Plus the battery life while maintaining a high enough amperage to be safe is a bonus. What to put on top? a 30mm (ish) atty. Or, as many makers have done, have a slant top cap so that your 22/23mm atties sit "flush". I have seen several where the mod itself isn't much bigger than the battery, and are quite small and light considering the battery they are holding. The thing that they all seem to lack is that GP quality, spring adjust pin, and sweeeeeet switch that I have become accustomed to. Most every mod is pretty much ruined for me. lol

SoonerChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Oklahoma
I see at the top of the photo there is a slight gap at the seam of the top cap with the body of the Heron. Is that correct? Please make it flush and post a photo to help me observe the gap in all its glory at the bottom seam, where it touches the base of the Heron. If there is so much space, we'll replace your Heron.

P, here are a couple of pictures. Both the top and bottom have a gap. Without pushing down on the top neither gap can be removed.

037feeeb9a81bf3e0c1fb65cc03989fe.jpg

3b19275bcb3e75cc007fd48dee01f3de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
P, here is a picture. Both the top and bottom have a gap. Without pushing down on the top neither gap can be removed.

037feeeb9a81bf3e0c1fb65cc03989fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

This isn't right. Please send an email to info@vapourart.com with this photo, your order number and a brief description of the issue. Maybe it is the topper out of specs or the main tube. Tomorrow morning we shall send you a replacement unit and the address details to return the old one via USPS mail. We shall pay the return shipping of course. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

SoonerChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Oklahoma
This isn't right. Please send an email to info@vapourart.com with this photo, your order number and a brief description of the issue. Maybe it is the topper out of specs or the main tube. Tomorrow morning we shall send you a replacement unit and the address details to return the old one via USPS mail. We shall pay the return shipping of course. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much perseas. I'll get the info out tonight. Should I include a picture with the serial number for identification?

As well, this was purchased from BILLB OKC, who is a member on this forum. Should I get the order number from him?

Will you be able to replace even though I'm not the original person who purchased it?

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you so much perseas. I'll get the info out tonight. Should I include a picture with the serial number for identification?

As well, this was purchased from BILLB OKC, who is a member on this forum. Should I get the order number from him?

Will you be able to replace even though I'm not the original person who purchased it?

Sent from my iPhone

Of course, our warranty is transferable, we need just the first owner to send us an email confirming the transference of ownership.

Check please whether the deck ring is clean, finger tight and screwed flush onto the deck. If it has caught any cotton fibres inside the threading, it won't be able to sit flush, causing a visible gap when you attach the main tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread