The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Heron

Discussion in 'VapourArt' started by perseas, Jan 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SoonerChris

SoonerChris Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Yes sir. I will try that. I did have it so tight at one point yesterday I had to use a wrench to get it loose.

As well I have asked BILLB OKC to send an email indicating transfer of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone

2. perseas

perseas Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Just finger tight and clean, no need to tighten it more. I saw your email. If you still have the gap after inspecting the deck ring, send us your address details for the replacement.

3. SoonerChris

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    It's finger tight and no wicking is caught in threads. I will send email as previously requested.

Thanks P.

Sent from my iPhone

4. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    I got it. Tomorrow morning I will send you a tracking number and our return address for this one :)

5. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Turns out those lucky 7's weren't so lucky for you Chris. I've still got my fingers crossed. Sounds like mine might be coming with Slurpies & late night coffee. Or at least they call it coffee.

6. perhol

perhol Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A little simple trick when taking the deck ring of, so simple that you might not have discovered it yet.
    Don't just pull the tube and top, instead turn the tube one round counterclockwise.
    It will in most cases loosen the deck ring effortlessly.
    Then you can pull the tube and top before screwing the deck ring off completely.

7. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Hey! Mine was just delivered a day early!

Crap. Now I have to put on pants. :glare:

8. BILLB OKC

BILLB OKC Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    oklahoma city
    P all 7 of my herons have this gap. I never noticed it until now.
    the Chris has I also bought off the forum and damned if I know from whom.

9. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I'm going to pick up the one you sent me in a minute. My contacts are being rather uncooperative today. I may have to get it on the way into work. Did I get #711?

10. BILLB OKC

Mar 9, 2011
    oklahoma city
    here are mine ....poor pictures
    my herons 001.jpg
    my herons 002.jpg
    my herons 003.jpg

11. BILLB OKC

Mar 9, 2011
    oklahoma city

711 is still available

12. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Gotcha. Chris had mentioned #777 & #711, so I wasn't sure. I knew there were more than just the 2. With the exception of a couple of numbers, I'm not too picky. (But if #406 surfaces, I need to have that one!)

13. BILLB OKC

Mar 9, 2011
    oklahoma city
    I'll check what I have for 406

14. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    My friend, I hope you are well :)

Speaking of gap, I mean a slight space at the seams less than 1 mm, which is quite normal. If yours have more than that, I'll be glad to replace them. Many times it is created by the o-rings.

15. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Just picked up #791 from the post office. The o-rings were really dry, especially the one on the top cap. I touched them up with some Keg Lube (both bottom ones, the silicone one that meets the bell & the top cap ring) & I have no gaps worth talking about on mine. I can get the seams to tighten up ever so slightly if I compress it, but nothing like what Chris' photos were showing.

Thanks Bill. It looks great.

16. BILLB OKC

Mar 9, 2011
    oklahoma city
    all of mine work flawlessly, I am happy happy gaps or no gaps

17. jrs99

jrs99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    King George, VA
    I just very recently discovered this trick. I used to break out the dishwashing gloves to unscrew the deck ring.

18. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    If you could even call it a gap, I'd have to break out the specialty feeler gauges to figure out how small the 'gap' is on mine. Maybe 0.001". Maybe. It's pretty tight. There was a bit of a gap on the top cap when I opened up the envelope, but that was just because the o-ring was dry. After I treated the ring, it sealed right up.

19. SoonerChris

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Big props to Perseas and Miroslav. New Heron coming to me tomorrow and I will be sending back 777 for investigation. Guess it wasn't that lucky.

This is why I came BACK to the GP team. AWESOME customer service. THIS time I'm not going anywhere. I'm sticking with GP.

:toast::thumb::banana::thumbs:

20. jrs99

jrs99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    King George, VA
    Perseas backs his .... up man :)
    The way that he supports stuff bought second hand like he does is pretty incredible as well.

Ok, Heron question and it's probably buried in this thread somewhere but juice pooling up in the drip tip area.
    I've got to wipe it out pretty often and there's a good bit of juice in there.
    What am I doing wrong?