GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Heron

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Oklahoma
Of course, our warranty is transferable, we need just the first owner to send us an email confirming the transference of ownership.

Check please whether the deck ring is clean, finger tight and screwed flush onto the deck. If it has caught any cotton fibres inside the threading, it won't be able to sit flush, causing a visible gap when you attach the main tube.

Yes sir. I will try that. I did have it so tight at one point yesterday I had to use a wrench to get it loose.

As well I have asked BILLB OKC to send an email indicating transfer of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Yes sir. I will try that. I did have it so tight at one point yesterday I had to use a wrench to get it loose.

As well I have asked BILLB OKC to send an email indicating transfer of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone

Just finger tight and clean, no need to tighten it more. I saw your email. If you still have the gap after inspecting the deck ring, send us your address details for the replacement.

SoonerChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Oklahoma
Just finger tight and clean, no need to tighten it more. I saw your email. If you still have the gap after inspecting the deck ring, send us your address details for the replacement.

It's finger tight and no wicking is caught in threads. I will send email as previously requested.

Thanks P.

Sent from my iPhone

perhol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Bagsværd, Copenhagen, Denmark
A little simple trick when taking the deck ring of, so simple that you might not have discovered it yet.
Don't just pull the tube and top, instead turn the tube one round counterclockwise.
It will in most cases loosen the deck ring effortlessly.
Then you can pull the tube and top before screwing the deck ring off completely.

Last edited:

BILLB OKC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
oklahoma city
here are mine ....poor pictures
my herons 001.jpg
my herons 002.jpg
my herons 003.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
P all 7 of my herons have this gap. I never noticed it until now.
the Chris has I also bought off the forum and damned if I know from whom.

My friend, I hope you are well :)

Speaking of gap, I mean a slight space at the seams less than 1 mm, which is quite normal. If yours have more than that, I'll be glad to replace them. Many times it is created by the o-rings.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Just picked up #791 from the post office. The o-rings were really dry, especially the one on the top cap. I touched them up with some Keg Lube (both bottom ones, the silicone one that meets the bell & the top cap ring) & I have no gaps worth talking about on mine. I can get the seams to tighten up ever so slightly if I compress it, but nothing like what Chris' photos were showing.

Thanks Bill. It looks great.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
A little simple trick when taking the deck ring of, so simple that you might not have discovered it yet.
Don't just pull the tube and top, instead turn the tube one round counterclockwise.
It will in most cases loosen the deck ring effortlessly.
Then you can pull the tube and top before screwing the deck ring off completely.
I just very recently discovered this trick. I used to break out the dishwashing gloves to unscrew the deck ring.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
all of mine work flawlessly, I am happy happy gaps or no gaps

If you could even call it a gap, I'd have to break out the specialty feeler gauges to figure out how small the 'gap' is on mine. Maybe 0.001". Maybe. It's pretty tight. There was a bit of a gap on the top cap when I opened up the envelope, but that was just because the o-ring was dry. After I treated the ring, it sealed right up.

SoonerChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Oklahoma
I got it. Tomorrow morning I will send you a tracking number and our return address for this one :)

Big props to Perseas and Miroslav. New Heron coming to me tomorrow and I will be sending back 777 for investigation. Guess it wasn't that lucky.

This is why I came BACK to the GP team. AWESOME customer service. THIS time I'm not going anywhere. I'm sticking with GP.

:toast::thumb::banana::thumbs:

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Big props to Perseas and Miroslav. New Heron coming to me tomorrow and I will be sending back 777 for investigation. Guess it wasn't that lucky.

This is why I came BACK to the GP team. AWESOME customer service. THIS time I'm not going anywhere. I'm sticking with GP.

:toast::thumb::banana::thumbs:
Perseas backs his .... up man :)
The way that he supports stuff bought second hand like he does is pretty incredible as well.

Ok, Heron question and it's probably buried in this thread somewhere but juice pooling up in the drip tip area.
I've got to wipe it out pretty often and there's a good bit of juice in there.
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread