Have you tried Squonking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Hey guys just wanted to share my squonking setups. Currently have several Pulse 80watt Squonkers, using Sony VTC6 batteries on all of them. Single coil low profile rda with a bit of air flow restriction is my favourite rda's then I also have mtl berserker rda which I vape in the morning.

Here are some pics...
Pulse 80watt Squonker.jpg
Recurve.jpg
Wasp Nano.jpg
Wasp Nano 2.jpg

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I won an Hcigar Aurora but can't figure out how to use it as a squonk . I'm waiting on a converter pin for my goon and I bought a dead rabbit and another rda (can't remember what now). I put coils and wicks and either got dry hits or had liquid flooding down my hand from squeezing half the bottles contents out at once.
It's a great mod but I guess I just don't understand squonking cause it's gone disastrously wrong for me.
Enjoy yours. They look pretty nice.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I won an Hcigar Aurora but can't figure out how to use it as a squonk . I'm waiting on a converter pin for my goon and I bought a dead rabbit and another rda (can't remember what now). I put coils and wicks and either got dry hits or had liquid flooding down my hand from squeezing half the bottles contents out at once.
It's a great mod but I guess I just don't understand squonking cause it's gone disastrously wrong for me.

Yeah I had the Dead Rabbit SQ I found it to mute the flavour also since the deck is so high up the wicking took awhile? Also had the Goon 1.5 wasn't impressed on the flavour either. Both put them in the trash, wasn't for me I guess??? I seem to prefer low profile single coil rda's

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hey guys just wanted to share my squonking setups. Currently have several Pulse 80watt Squonkers, using Sony VTC6 batteries on all of them. Single coil low profile rda with a bit of air flow restriction is my favourite rda's then I also have mtl berserker rda which I vape in the morning.

Here are some pics...
View attachment 750719 View attachment 750721 View attachment 750723 View attachment 750725
If you like restricted, low profile single coil rdas, look into the Mulciber and the Split atty. They're very low profile and excellent flavor attys.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
There is an adjustment to squonking versus dripping.
When I first started I took the topcap off to get a feel for how much to squeeze.
On the dry hit front (outside of wicking) you have to remember most don't fill the well as they would dripping. It's designed to wet the wicks and drain. Helps prevent leaking mostly, so you typically have to squonk a bit more than you used to drip.
I have an Aurora and it squonks well depending on the rda.
Hope that helps a little.......

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
If you like restricted, low profile single coil rdas, look into the Mulciber and the Split atty. They're very low profile and excellent flavor attys.
Yeah I have a very small collection atm: Recurve, Hadaly, Wasp Nano, Haku Venna. I use them on TC with SS316L. But I'll give the Mulciber and Split a go. Thank you

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Yeah I had the Dead Rabbit SQ I found it to mute the flavour also since the deck is so high up the wicking took awhile? Also had the Goon 1.5 wasn't impressed on the flavour either. Both put them in the trash, wasn't for me I guess??? I seem to prefer low profile single coil rda's
    We have a Classifieds forum here on ECF. Once you're verified, you can trade or sell authentic gear. :D

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Yeah I have a very small collection atm: Recurve, Hadaly, Wasp Nano, Haku Venna. I use them on TC with SS316L. But I'll give the Mulciber and Split a go. Thank you
    They won't beat the venna or the hadaly on flavor, but they're lower and almost as flavorful.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I will join the group soon! But having a hard time finding good options on dual battery squonkers! I never that this market would be so scarce! :mad:
    People don't want giant mods...

Although, the Rage is getting good reviews. Seems affordable and available. No first hand experience as I prefer single battery mechanical squonkers .

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    How long would the batteries last on single battery dual coil RDA? Would it last a day? If it did a day, I dont mind going for a single battery mod. But more the merrier always! :)
    Depends.....but no. If you were to build dual coils with 30 ga kanthal, you might be able to pull it off.
    With mine, I build a single coil that's around .3 using 24ga SS . A bottle lasts me about 4-5 hrs and I swap batteries when I refill. Battery is always between 3.6-3.7 v when it goes on the charger .

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    Would an ijoy combo work on my aurora ? It comes coiled and wicked so I can't mess that up. .. Yet.
    Yes it will work, may have to turn up the power depending on resistance.
    Main drawback there will be less battery life.
    Lately I have been building around .25 in single coil rda and 40 watts will burn thru the cotton sometimes lmao.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread