Have you tried Squonking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
Depends.....but no. If you were to build dual coils with 30 ga kanthal, you might be able to pull it off.
With mine, I build a single coil that's around .3 using 24ga SS . A bottle lasts me about 4-5 hrs and I swap batteries when I refill. Battery is always between 3.6-3.7 v when it goes on the charger .

Thanks for the info. That seems reasonable. I normally do 26GA SS builds now. I do move around a bit. So that is why I was looking for a dual battery.

Although there are a few new ones that came out USV MachOn3 and AvidVape Throne. And Dovpo Basium to come out. But there is so little info on these, I am just waiting for a it to seep into the market and form a general collective opinion.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
How long would the batteries last on single battery dual coil RDA? Would it last a day? If it did a day, I dont mind going for a single battery mod. But more the merrier always! :)

If you are going for dual coil setups, you're best going for dual battery squonkers as asbestos4004 have mentioned the Ohm Boy Rage Squonker is apparently good, lower down the line the gbox 200watt squonker.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Well right now, I am working on a single coil RDA just to fiddle around with it. This is my first RDA. Wotofo Nudge. But eventually will move to the Drop RDA when I start squonking.
The drop is a great atty...but I don't like it for squonkers. The wicks are loooong with the drop. Long wicks and squonkers don't do it for me. The recurve is pretty great for squonkers who like dual coils. You can build one of those fancy alien jobs in there and it'll vape just like a dual coil. Reload X or an original goon might be better options if you insist on duals.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I will join the group soon! But having a hard time finding good options on dual battery squonkers! I never thought that this market would be so scarce! :mad:
I have the GeeekVape GBOX Squonker. It's a dual 18650 mod. I also have the geekvape radar rda, it has good flavor.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Well right now, I am working on a single coil RDA just to fiddle around with it. This is my first RDA. Wotofo Nudge. But eventually will move to the Drop RDA when I start squonking.
Nudge 22 is one of my favorite single coil rda. Build your coil high, so you can see light thru the airholes. That's the best flavor I have gotten so far, didnt play anymore after I did that lol.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
Nudge 22 is one of my favorite single coil rda. Build your coil high, so you can see light thru the airholes. That's the best flavor I have gotten so far, didnt play anymore after I did that lol.

You mean more than 1 ohm?

The GBox seems to be a overall winner at the moment. Coz it's priced reasonably priced and isn't all that bad. Although I hear that it's bottle isn't very good. Kinda stiff is what I hear. But that's ok, I got fat fingers! :)
The Rage at $99 and not being a DNA chip, is kind of pricey.

I might get that for now and get another one, when there are more in the market.

Reactions: stols001

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C

The GBox seems to be a overall winner at the moment. Coz it's priced reasonably priced and isn't all that bad. Although I hear that it's bottle isn't very good. Kinda stiff is what I hear. But that's ok, I got fat fingers! :)

I might get that for now and get another one, when there are more in the market.
No sorry, height.
Mine is a .25 coil, and I place it high so that I can see light thru the air holes.

Rage is not dna true. I don't have a gbox so can't comment there. Wasn't impressed by a lot of folks opinion that used it. I could recommend the rage but understand the cost issue.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018

may be this video might help you decide on which one is for you. Personally I like the look of the Rage, but I like the gbox being lighter. So not really any help there, hopefully this video might. :D

Also if you're after a DNA, probably check out the Rebel squonker

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I only thought about squonking back when it started with factory coils. I guess that kind of set-up is now gone.

And, I'd need a LiPo :). Gosh, I'd kill for that big of a tank! And the new refill bottles are a great addition.

I guess it's a niche type thing for those willing and able. Would be nice to try.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA

I don't mind the GBOX squonk bottle. It is a bit different than a silicone bottle, but not hard to squeeze. The GBOX also feels good to hold in the hand.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2015
    N C

If you didnt know you can take 10% off at dna or eciggity for the rage.
    If it helps.;)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I have a unregulated Pico Squeeze I use occasionally. My problem was finding a true single coil MTL atomizer. Landed on a Speed Revolution which is 19mm and a NarDa which is 22mm. I use a simple 30ga open coil at 1.5-2.0 ohm for pretty good battery life. As an old guy with COPD, I need a tamer vape.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    I have a unregulated Pico Squeeze I use occasionally. My problem was finding a true single coil MTL atomizer. Landed on a Speed Revolution which is 19mm and a NarDa which is 22mm. I use a simple 30ga open coil at 1.5-2.0 ohm for pretty good battery life. As an old guy with COPD, I need a tamer vape.
    Sounds like you need a chalice

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    Squonking?
    Neva heard such a thing.

:)
    bitmoji-20180626095340.png

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I pretty much only use squonk mods anymore. All single battery mechs, except one DNA device which is a USModz Stinger 75c (also single battery). I mostly use the GR1 on mine, which is a very low profile single coil atty (smaller than the wasp nano, with noticably better flavor) and the wasp nano, but sometimes an entheon or pulse 22.

I detest having to drip all the time, and tanks leak or break too often for my liking and sometimes left me with nothing to vape on until I got home to repair or change out to another.

I've been off and on vaping a few times over the years and always went back to smoking until I stumbled across squonking. Now I can say that I have zero temptation to go back to smoking.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Maybe a 20700 squonker would suit your needs? IDK I'm not too familiar with what's on the market I have been actively avoiding squonkers, LOL but it would give you more capacity with a better form factor I guess. Don't know if there are any DNA ones on the market tho'. Ect. (Also I didn't read the entire thread closely, it may have been mentioned.

Good luck,

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread