The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you define "advanced vaping"?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Baditude, Jun 12, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    A jug of wine, a leg of lamb, and you.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Yes I could quite fancy the leg of lamb ( ideally done in a red wine sauce ) instead of the bread but the big question is who's going to do the Singing in the Wilderness - I've only three notes and they're all flat...

Sorry to derail what is actually turning out to be an enjoyable thread - I promise to be good now!

• Like Like x 1
  3. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    But wouldn't an advanced vaper, by definition, instinctively know the differences between the Hodge and the podge; as well as the proper amounts and application techniques of each?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    ... and here we have the Old Reprobate's strictly Newbies Only kit for the day out in Fuengirola - "Is that a Premade Drop In Spare Coil I see before me?" I hear the Advanced gasp!

However the Cunning Ould Devil knows that when his trusty iStick argues mendaciously that there is "No Atomiser" in fact it means that his GS Air has entered Coil Self Unscrewing Mode.

Talk about knowing your hodge from your podge!

172.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    Ah, how I wish to be a venerable ould timer. I have used the 808, the 901, and the eSmart, but neigh, I did not advance beyond 5v, nor 2.2ohms... so I retreated... Only to advance to vaping once again, once vaping advanced in off the shelf sub ohm, the molecular mass of the nic, and I myself in maturity (but not too much.)

• Love Love x 2
  6. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2019
    Denver, CO
    Advanced One.JPG
    Does being able to dial in a satisfying vape on any one of these diverse setups help me qualify as advanced? Maybe at least an expert tootle puffer?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Vapedog

Vapedog Super Member

Oct 28, 2018
    To me its no different to advanced smoking. "Im an advanced smoker" Or "im an advanced food eater". You either vape or you dont. The person just starting using a vape pen type or using a big mod with a cloud chucking dtl to me are the same, they both vape full stop. You vape, you like it, you got off the cigarettes, then as far as im concerned, welcome to the club. Anything else is just pretentious dribble.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Gear only defines your penchant for buying stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    Nobody can vape custard and call themselves advanced. Nobody.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. stratus.vaping

stratus.vaping Super Member ECF Veteran

You beat me to it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    mental note: dont mention custard. you did once but I think you got away with it. What about butterscotch and custard? Just wait and see.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2019
    Denver, CO
    Advanced custard vaping is almost a forgotten art, lost in the hazy days of 2015 or so...

Right now I'm vaping a black currant and vanilla that I just whipped up. No custards tonight.

It's an advanced black currant and vanilla. Very advanced, indeed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Someone who has achieved a vape that completely satisfies them. This is highly unlikely to be achieved without a degree of dedication to the technology. One who has explored the different variates of coils, wicking and power levels, and has overcome the technical challenges that are inevitably faced when aiming for a really good vape.
    At the end of the day if you have rejected smoking and taken up vaping, you can consider yourself advanced. Take a step back and give yourself a bow.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Funny x 1
  14. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well, he's actually a pwofeshunal ;)

IE ultra advanced

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I remember when I first saw that video, the idea of 260 watts was ridiculous. It still is, unless you are looking for a starter kit.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Taking the word "advanced" from that quote suggests moving from mtl to dl is advancing. It's not really an advanced vaper. There is zero need to "advance" ftom mtl to dl if mtl satisfies you. I'd prefer maybe an experienced vaper as one who tried different methods of vaping and figured out which methods work best for them. And an experienced vaper might well be someone who played around with different vape styles and decided a Juul works just fine for them (and they can afford the pods).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    I work on my RTA's wearing two pairs of reading glasses. My missus thinks I'm a proper mong.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    You made me think, Bad, which is a good (and often painful) thing. ;)

Honestly? I've never actually given that much thought. I always refer to (and think of) myself as a "simpleton" vaper, so maybe that has something to do with it.

If I was to decide to work toward an "Advanced" designation, I'd require some type of carrot at the finish line. It doesn't have to be anything big. Idunno - a wristband, maybe? Tank ring? Provari towel?

I'd also need to know what's involved. I don't want to commit to doing too much, after all.

To paraphrase Mr. Gump, "Lazy is as lazy does."

:cool::vapor:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

lol.. I think it's the phrase "starter kit" that gets the new vapers and confuses them. They get in their head that "starter" must necessarily be equal to "beginner" and that is far far from anything resembling the truth.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  20. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    That means a lot coming from a guru :lol:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status: