Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
"For "Is" and "Is-not" though with Rule and Line
And "Up-and-down" by Logic I define.
Of all that one should care to fathom, I
Was never deep in anything but-Wine."

From the Rubyiat of Omar Khayyam - known to all Truly Advanced Drinkers and determined non thinkers and beloved of us who hate Labels, unless of course they give vintage and prooof!
A jug of wine, a leg of lamb, and you.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
A jug of wine, a leg of lamb, and you.

Yes I could quite fancy the leg of lamb ( ideally done in a red wine sauce ) instead of the bread but the big question is who's going to do the Singing in the Wilderness - I've only three notes and they're all flat...

Sorry to derail what is actually turning out to be an enjoyable thread - I promise to be good now!

Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Yes I could quite fancy the leg of lamb ( ideally done in a red wine sauce ) instead of the bread but the big question is who's going to do the Singing in the Wilderness - I've only three notes and they're all flat...

Sorry to derail what is actually turning out to be an enjoyable thread - I promise to be good now!
But wouldn't an advanced vaper, by definition, instinctively know the differences between the Hodge and the podge; as well as the proper amounts and application techniques of each?

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
... and here we have the Old Reprobate's strictly Newbies Only kit for the day out in Fuengirola - "Is that a Premade Drop In Spare Coil I see before me?" I hear the Advanced gasp!

However the Cunning Ould Devil knows that when his trusty iStick argues mendaciously that there is "No Atomiser" in fact it means that his GS Air has entered Coil Self Unscrewing Mode.

Talk about knowing your hodge from your podge!

172.jpg

Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
... and here we have the Old Reprobate's strictly Newbies Only kit for the day out in Fuengirola - "Is that a Premade Drop In Spare Coil I see before me?" I hear the Advanced gasp!

However the Cunning Ould Devil knows that when his trusty iStick argues mendaciously that there is "No Atomiser" in fact it means that his GS Air has entered Coil Self Unscrewing Mode.

Talk about knowing your hodge from your podge!

View attachment 820973
Ah, how I wish to be a venerable ould timer. I have used the 808, the 901, and the eSmart, but neigh, I did not advance beyond 5v, nor 2.2ohms... so I retreated... Only to advance to vaping once again, once vaping advanced in off the shelf sub ohm, the molecular mass of the nic, and I myself in maturity (but not too much.)

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Is it the type of gear one uses? Do we define the term by experience or knowledge? Interested in everyone's thoughts.
To me its no different to advanced smoking. "Im an advanced smoker" Or "im an advanced food eater". You either vape or you dont. The person just starting using a vape pen type or using a big mod with a cloud chucking dtl to me are the same, they both vape full stop. You vape, you like it, you got off the cigarettes, then as far as im concerned, welcome to the club. Anything else is just pretentious dribble.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Advanced custard vaping is almost a forgotten art, lost in the hazy days of 2015 or so...

Right now I'm vaping a black currant and vanilla that I just whipped up. No custards tonight.

It's an advanced black currant and vanilla. Very advanced, indeed.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Someone who has achieved a vape that completely satisfies them. This is highly unlikely to be achieved without a degree of dedication to the technology. One who has explored the different variates of coils, wicking and power levels, and has overcome the technical challenges that are inevitably faced when aiming for a really good vape.
At the end of the day if you have rejected smoking and taken up vaping, you can consider yourself advanced. Take a step back and give yourself a bow.

6eWIaeD.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Taking the word "advanced" from that quote suggests moving from mtl to dl is advancing. It's not really an advanced vaper. There is zero need to "advance" ftom mtl to dl if mtl satisfies you. I'd prefer maybe an experienced vaper as one who tried different methods of vaping and figured out which methods work best for them. And an experienced vaper might well be someone who played around with different vape styles and decided a Juul works just fine for them (and they can afford the pods).

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Someone who has achieved a vape that completely satisfies them. This is highly unlikely to be achieved without a degree of dedication to the technology. One who has explored the different variates of coils, wicking and power levels, and has overcome the technical challenges that are inevitably faced when aiming for a really good vape.
At the end of the day if you have rejected smoking and taken up vaping, you can consider yourself advanced. Take a step back and give yourself a bow.

6eWIaeD.jpg

I work on my RTA's wearing two pairs of reading glasses. My missus thinks I'm a proper mong.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You made me think, Bad, which is a good (and often painful) thing. ;)

Honestly? I've never actually given that much thought. I always refer to (and think of) myself as a "simpleton" vaper, so maybe that has something to do with it.

If I was to decide to work toward an "Advanced" designation, I'd require some type of carrot at the finish line. It doesn't have to be anything big. Idunno - a wristband, maybe? Tank ring? Provari towel?

I'd also need to know what's involved. I don't want to commit to doing too much, after all.

To paraphrase Mr. Gump, "Lazy is as lazy does."

:cool::vapor:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I remember when I first saw that video, the idea of 260 watts was ridiculous. It still is, unless you are looking for a starter kit.

lol.. I think it's the phrase "starter kit" that gets the new vapers and confuses them. They get in their head that "starter" must necessarily be equal to "beginner" and that is far far from anything resembling the truth.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
You made me think, Bad, which is a good (and often painful) thing. ;)

Honestly? I've never actually given that much thought. I always refer to (and think of) myself as a "simpleton" vaper, so maybe that has something to do with it.

If I was to decide to work toward an "Advanced" designation, I'd require some type of carrot at the finish line. It doesn't have to be anything big. Idunno - a wristband, maybe? Tank ring? Provari towel?

I'd also need to know what's involved. I don't want to commit to doing too much, after all.

To paraphrase Mr. Gump, "Lazy is as lazy does."

:cool::vapor:

That means a lot coming from a guru :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread