clone T3S are diff than authentic T3S

for some reason Kangers T3S has an added "lip" inside

- - -

(and I'm speaking beyond my knowledge)

but is it Kangers first bottom coil was the MT3 / T3
no changeable coil, you threw the WHOLE BASE away

THEN EVOD came out
and the Kanger bottom coil (bcc) phenomenon began ? :confused:

then kanger added/came up with the "S" MT3S / T3S (separable)

but failed to remove the "lip" inside the T3 tanks ?

all other following kanger bcc never had that lip

here is an example that I would like an explanation to ??????

what is the TOP O-RING (on this base and other kangers) actually for ?????
- http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-24g5FTuHdVI/UZ_86vB4taI/AAAAAAAAOJE/fO5mrPzsojQ/s1600/Kanger-Base-1112.jpg

*the bottom o-ring seals the "tank-to-base"
*the "silicone cup" seals air tube

with lip & top o-ring
- $17.60 Authentic T3S Bottom Coil Clearomizers (2.4mL / 5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

without lip & top o-ring
- $17.60 Authentic T3S Bottom Coil Clearomizers (2.4mL / 5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.2ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

:ohmy:

curious minds wanna know

Never saw that lip, I barely used the T3M. On my T3 first gen no lip whatsoever. Loved the vape, rewicked them with cotton gauze, hated the vape, the remaining heads went loco, 1.8 ohms now are clocking at 2.7 brand new (maybe the negative is all over the place). Never used the T3S, went directly to the Vapeonly and never moved. The sealed 510 connection is an absolute win.
The T3 was the first bottom coil that didn't need a syringe to fill. Until then I used CE3XL regular and 3 ml and I had the vape of my life. Seriously, it rivals some things available right now.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I never thanked FT for my MVP.

I was in a battery mod crisis and ordered a Vamo V3 combo from FT. Took a long time to leave and then, boom, stuck at HK custorms. After a whole month there I went back smoking, had no batteries to vape on. Sold a flash I hadn't counted on and said "..., I need something to get by. The MVP goes only to 5V but it's a passthrough. Let's check it out". Ordered from the US, as usual took only 15 days, and by the time it arrived to Baires the Vamo was shipping from HK. Took exactly 3 months to arrive, like the old times of the chinese Healthcabin shipments.

So thanks Fasttech for being Slowtech. I haven't used the Vamo practically.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I'm not very familiar with carto tanks. But I will definitely experiment.

Baditude's Cartomizer Tank Setup Guide:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-5-baditudes-cartomizer-tank-setup-guide.html

IBTanked pyrex glass tanks: Review:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

Would it be unusual for some tanks to work and some to not work on the MVP v2? I'm using a brand new Aspire Nautilus Mini which is working like a champ but I have an older of the same that works on the Vision Spinner 2 but not on the MVP.

Maybe a "contact issue"?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/capt-shay/6338-fixing-mvp-vv3-contact-issues-guide.html

I know this is subjective but what do most seem to prefer. Volts or Watts?

The "formula" is Watts = Volts²÷Ω

So...Variable Voltage is like a car's standard transmission. Change to topper with different Ω...have to reset Volts.

And...Variable Wattage is like a car's automatic transmission. Change to topper with different Ω...no problem...just leave on same Wattage (it will automatically "compute" new Voltage needed).

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
OK Puff they came in , when i removed the head's they came with they did indeed have a smaller lip so i was scared ,
when i screwed on the larger lipped Pro Tank head it fit and it works well.

Thanks for the info as always.

hey that's great

got a lot of good vaping from those kinda tanks

:)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Are you a fan of these? I'm looking for some cheap clearos to use with my MVP.
Also, the site says the resistance is 1.5 ohms. What voltage/wattage do you run these at?

Also does anyone use the EVOD clearos on their MVP?

Hmmm... Well being that I won't rebuild or rewick, would you still recommend them?

cheapest authentic EVODs I know of
- Kanger Evod Rebuildable Clearomizer - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes
the coolest, cheapest bcc at this time - IMO
- RBC Clearomizers
2nd place (because of $$)
- Kanger mini T3S clearomizer
best deal on authentic coils (fit in all of above)
- Kanger T3s/Mini T3s/MT3s
- - -
not the greatest videos but short & sweet (showing how easy)
- KANGER EVOD ATOMIZER DRY HIT FIX: TOP WICK REMOVAL - YouTube
- How to clean your Kanger Protank Coil - YouTube

rinse/dry burn/add cotton yarn

- Ecru | Peaches And Creme

:)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Ok, now I'm confused. My laptop is plugged in the wall, the battery is sitting in a drawer. A laptop doesn't have a built in power supply? Or is that the big black box in the middle of the cord that goes into the wall, and the other end goes into the laptop, which I believe is a transformer?

I also don't understand why the charger that came with the MVP allows that kind of charging if it's not safe. Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks

I too run lappys without batt sometimes (but because of heat) :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Mine is the V2 of the Russian 91%, and its an authentic one (well, an authentic clone :p ). I bought it straight from a local vape store.
Just to be clear, I did turn down the airflow when trying to get it to work (in order to increase vaccuum at the juice channels), but it still wouldnt feed. Gotta be the center pin airhole!

Of course the post office changed the delivery from today to tomorrow :mad:

did they did they

huh, huh ? huh, huh ?

did they huh ? did they huh ?

did your parts come in ... ? :mail: :D

just got my replacement mvp v2...different logo on back. instead of the regular flames, this one has "i" in a circle with the words "Innokin technology leading the future" instead of the "taste it love it." has anyone seen this? also noted that it states on the packaging to charge with micro usb 4.5-5.5 500mA. I dont remember seeing that before. I was charge the 1st one with a 5v 1A micro. of course i tossed the packaging on my first one. i wonder if that's where i went wrong and I actually killed my mvp.

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Some people recommend it but it's not good. The battery is sort of an UPS, protecting the computer from surges. Yes, you can get surges from your power supply. Don't use it without a battery.
+1

People also suggest keeping the battery out to make the battery last longer. My opinion? Batteries are much cheaper than replacing motherboards destroyed by power surges, and they are certainly easier to replace. Also, running without a battery is a good way to leave your filesystem in a corrupted state due to write cycles not being completed (with a surge or loss of power, especially if updating or in the process of heavy write cycles)- you better hope the journal can fix it when you reboot or youre losing data (and you might lose some data anyways). A battery completely protects you from power outtages during heavy write cycles, and against surges too (unless they were really bad, which your breaker would prolly take care off).

Leave your battery in, and just replace it when the life gets too poor to function on the level you require.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
just got my replacement mvp v2...
different logo on back. instead of the regular flames, this one has "i" in a circle with the words "Innokin technology leading the future" instead of the "taste it love it."
has anyone seen this? also noted that it states on the packaging to charge with micro usb 4.5-5.5 500mA. I dont remember seeing that before. I was charge the 1st one with a 5v 1A micro.
of course i tossed the packaging on my first one. i wonder if that's where i went wrong and I actually killed my mvp.

that's very interesting being that logo / moto is very new

kinda gives us a time frame about MVP production

- http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y6ONPUeru...M/06yWK2dAFQ8/s1600/innokin+logo+1629x516.jpg
- http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server6...aded_images/innokin-new-logo.png?t=1407186425

- Innokin | E-Cigarettes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread