Status
Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I just found this group and subscribed. I have an MVP2 on the way. I have several Itaste VV3s and love them. I didn't think I wanted a "box mod" but ran across a great deal. All the raves I read about the MVP, well, box mod on the way! I travel aLOT with business, so to not have to charge daily is a definite plus to me. I have lots of reading to do with this thread, but wanted to thank everyone for their experience and input. Soon to be an "official" member of the group. :toast:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Battery U is a fine place and all, but I reference them
because they 'Are There' and easy enuff for any to look up...
and they are easy to quote from...

any and all of what I read is at very best, generalized

from reading around I agree with those statements in general
and these also :

Li-Ion does not need to be fully charged, nor is it desirable to do so...
in fact, it is better not to fully charge, because high voltage stresses the battery

and you, like me will do what each feel is best for the li ion battery

for about a month now, I have discontinued taking my Li Ion batteries
to a full complete charge...

and just to point out again,
this whole charge/discharge cycle is only {0.6V} ~ (3.6v>4.2v)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

and these also :

in fact, it is better not to fully charge, because high voltage stresses the battery

Yea, I've seen it debated a zillion times. This one quotes this and that one quotes that and they both make good points. I guess that's why I developed the practice of letting them just hit 4.2 with my bike bats and was very glad to see the mvp charges right to that level. With my bike charger I can set the terminal voltage so that is easy but it would be a pain to try and monitor the MVP and pull it when it is 4.1. Frankly, at $39.99, and by the time this thing dies, it isn't worth the trouble. To me any way. I plug it in at night and go to sleep.

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
No one has stated this...it may be that the MVP limits the charging to where it just reads 4.2, rather than the battery circuitry enforcing the "full charge" hard limit.

I've heard the same Battery U message over and over and (not just here) and I'm sure that the device manufacturers have as well. It could be that the device itself stops charging at a particular point.

Also, I could have sworn I've read somewhere (maybe it was a YouTube review) that the MVP rounds up on the battery voltage display (4.15v reads as 4.2).

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
New Innokin MVP Shine edition with Swarovski element cyrstals pretty!

a7y5y7u6.jpg

yrepugyp.jpg

From Innokin's Facebook page

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Yea, I've seen it debated a zillion times. This one quotes this and that one quotes that and they both make good points. I guess that's why I developed the practice of letting them just hit 4.2 with my bike bats and was very glad to see the mvp charges right to that level. With my bike charger I can set the terminal voltage so that is easy but it would be
a pain to try and monitor the MVP and pull it when it is 4.1. Frankly,
at $39.99, and by the time this thing dies, it isn't worth the trouble. To me any way. I plug it in at night and go to sleep.

yepper, same deal here

I try and catch it, but if I don't no big deal as you say...

(not gonna run car into on coming traffic to save a squirrel)

$40 bucks for a yr = .77¢ a week -- meh :closedeyes:

~ SB XLVIII Broncos vs Seahawks ~​

MTM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Just picked up an MVP 2 recently. I really dig it!
It's my first VV/VW device and Im not sure if I understand how the VV and VW settings work in combination with each other...
does it only function as a VV device if you push the U button and only function as a VW device if you push P button.

Also was wondering where I can find a protective plastic cover for the usb ports.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Just picked up an MVP 2 recently. I really dig it!
It's my first VV/VW device and Im not sure if I understand how the VV and VW settings work in combination with each other...
does it only function as a VV device if you push the U button and only function as a VW device if you push P button.

Also was wondering where I can find a protective plastic cover for the usb ports.

Yes, when you push the P you are working in VW and when yu push the U you are working in V. Continuous pushing will raise the increments until you hit the maximum and then it will round robin.

With USB covers your device will not stand up and they could also be blocking possible venting in the event of a battery problem.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
New Innokin MVP Shine edition with Swarovski element cyrstals pretty!

a7y5y7u6.jpg

yrepugyp.jpg

From Innokin's Facebook page

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Not that it is a bad thing but those are some really girly looking mods. I don't think most guys would like any of them except maybe the black one and even it is a little flashy for most guys.

I don't really get the attraction of these series models. If you want something different or special, wrap it with something of your own. I am not putting them down in any way but I just don't understand the appeal of a "unique" mod that is produced by the tens of thousands.

Here was my latest wrap. I actually managed to get some foreign stuff under it above the fire button and don't like the way the cut came out there either (it moved on me) is so I am going to re-do it but I do like the faux marble look.

P1010294_zpsa2afd399.jpg

MTM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Yes, when you push the P you are working in VW and when yu push the U you are working in V. Continuous pushing will raise the increments until you hit the maximum and then it will round robin.

With USB covers your device will not stand up and they could also be blocking possible venting in the event of a battery problem.

Yes I understand how to operate it that way; the manual is written poorly.

I was looking for a cover for when It is in my pocket or in dusty environments and I dont want to get crap in there. Not sething I would keep on all the time. I guess I could just cover it with electrical tape or something.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Yes I understand how to operate it that way; the manual is written poorly.

I was looking for a cover for when It is in my pocket or in dusty environments and I dont want to get crap in there. Not sething I would keep on all the time. I guess I could just cover it with electrical tape or something.

I just cut a piece of blue painters tape (the shape of Utah)
and cover the bottom (leaving micro usb open)

also kinda acts as a cushion to...

yep, only one or the other (V) - (W)

hold both and get Ω, then remaining charge of internal batt

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
just a heads up.

the clearo that comes with the energy series...

iclear 16B - i strongly suspect it's a polycarbonate BDC.

DO NOT use suspected tank cracker juices and flavors in it. the end result is highly undesirable.

damn shame. the vape is fantastic and so far she don't leak one bit. i have 3 in rotation and love them. but i love cinnamon and citrus flavors, too.

Sundodger

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2013
All 57 States
hey whats up welcome to the club

ohms don't matter much because you have variable power adjustment
if you find the review (PBusardo) on the oscilloscope shows the
MVP works best at about 2.0Ω...

just start low, increase till your happy (vv or vw)

Vape≈Smart :2cool:

Thanks for the welcome. Yup I've seen the youtube. I'm looking at playing around with the coils only because I have a lot of different tanks and mix my own juice, so will just try and find what works best for me, my tanks and my mixes. I'll also keep an eye on the life of a charge, trying to get the best of all worlds ya know!
I've got a couple of different jigs for wrapping, different gauges of kanthal, life time supply of cotton, and a boat load of nic in the freezer, laid off until spring, two tons of corn in my garage to heat the house, ice fishing has been terrible, hey what else do I have to do!!! Ahhh, except shovel more snow for a couple of more months.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL

and these also :

That is one thing people forget.

The 300 discharge cycle is based on discharging the cell down to 3.0 volts. That is the numbers that Battery University mentions in it's suggestions. This number is nearly double at 50% discharge which equates to about 3.6 to 3.7 volts on the discharge curve.

This means that the MVP is pushing amber to red when the battery is right at 50% depth of discharge.

With the MVP preventing firing well before going to 3.0 volts, you are getting some battery back there. I charge mine after 2 days of use. They never fall below 2.7 so at most they are hitting 50% depth of discharge.

I also alternate between 2 battery's so they are on the charger once every 4 days. At that rate, each battery should last a minimum of 1200 days or over 3 years.

Actually I'm not worried so much about my battery, but other things.

I puff about 400 puffs a day. Since I alternate the batteries, 1200 days would equate to 600 days of service. This is 240,000 button presses of the fire button.

I'm more concerned with the fire button going out our the charging port wearing out.

But even if those last and my batteries last their 3 years, I think by that time, there will be another MUST have APV.

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
Just ordered one of these, should be here tomorrow. Very excited.

I was set on the Vamo for a while because admittedly I'm not fond of the box mod look. However seeing as it's only £35.99 and has VV/VW, voltage regulation that's said to be akin to provari, huge battery life, as well as pass through and charging feature I just could not pass on it. I guess it's a two edge sword as it's a propriety battery, on one hand you don't need to keep switching batteries. However on the other hand, if you run out of charge and you're not near a power supply or USB then you're screwed. I'll just make sure to keep it charged. Even if it lasts a year it works out insanely cheap. I'm most excited to have the vape consistency. I've really started to notice my Ego batteries are starting to lose life (after only 10 days from new) and really decline about 1/2 or even a 1/3 through the charge.

Got it from myepack for 35.99 and and also 20ml of cherry and it came to £40 with free shipping, great deal!!

All in all I'm very excited, I'm just hoping VV/VW will make a big difference to my vape going from a standard Ego battery (not even a twist or spinner). It should do.

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
Excited to try the Iclear 30 clearo too. They're worth £10 alone.

I do like my mini protank but find it very airy and I like a warmer vapour myself. I much prefer the standard CE4's I got with my Ego's in that respect.

As the Iclear is top coil as well as me being able to adjust the wattage, hopefully I will get a much tighter, warmer draw.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Well, I'm a girl and I love the new shine series.
I hope someone posts when they find them available for purchase.
I messaged the guy on Ebay who has the Energy Series for $40.99 shipped.
I love love love my MVPs.
Pat

I would think there are just as many women vapers as there are men. Innokin is smart enough to realize it so their new shine series sounds like a winner and I have no issue with them at all and I'm a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread