The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - June 29 through July 2

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    But I like ...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Slowone2

Slowone2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Virginia
    All your contests are great, and the weekly prizes are amazing... I really like when your contests require us to be involved in vaping related causes. Opens our eyes to helping promote vaping. Not everyone can afford to donate to the cause (me) but when you bring to light things we can do with no expense is awesome...

Thank you for the great contests and opening our eyes...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slowone2

Slowone2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Virginia
    Well ok how about a contest involving bacon...

• Like Like x 3
  4. GccTxs67

GccTxs67 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2015
    Virginia
    Mmmmm bacon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    Echo, Echo, Echo the sentiments of those posting before me LOL!! MadVapes weekly contests are already the best and you are doing such a great job. I get excited each week to participate and read these threads. I love the ease, and not having to post a million times to be competitive with others as well as all of your wonderful themes.

I honestly don't think I could give you any suggestions that would be better than how you do these already, but here goes a try! Maybe this is my hunger talking, but what about if you take a picture of what you had for lunch on Saturday, and then on Monday, when the new contest starts we all guess what you had? Not sure what to do in the case of a tie (maybe the first to guess correctly wins?), or if nobody guesses correctly (maybe pick a random in that case?), but otherwise I think that would be a pretty fun contest. My guess for your lunch this past Saturday would be blackened chicken tacos!

Thank you for the great contests!

6. 100%VG

100%VG Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2013
    Starbase 12 near Risa
    This is not an entry, because I just won.

I love the simplicity of the contests, in that there is only one entry per person. And not having to jump through hoops, as wvducklady said.All of your themes have been great, and I can't think of anything to make them better. But I do like some of the suggestions.

I like RaceGun's:
    What might be fun is to relate a story about how someone helped you to better your vaping experience.

I like Trader's:
    My suggestion would be to narrow down the criteria for a "funny" or "make me laugh" giveaway. For instance, rather than asking everyone to post anything that they find funny, maybe ask for it to be a certain theme, such as, funny stories about our start-up kit experiences or funny things we went through when we started out. But it could be anything...weird/funny foods, movie characters, clothing, etc....

I like iota's:
    I enjoy the kind where I learn a little about the people and vaping experiences of our members. The ways vaping has helped us, how we've helped smokers get started or introduced vaping ideas to them, and things of that nature.

The Selfies are cool, but like Panorama said, not everyone has a camera. I have one, but the quality of the images is rather poor.

vmtorres said:
    Newbie stories. and there can be a couple of categories, like "how you got started" or "what was your first upgrade?" I think we all remember those days.

I do advocacy things that I hear about through CASAA, but I think it's great when you post them here, as there may be some I have missed.

I like remark's:
    I would be interested in a giveaway where each of us mentions or discusses which new piece of equipment has us interested at the moment. I am always a little bit behind the times and would be very curious to know this!

• Like Like x 1
  7. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Maybe a finish the sentence contest, like "For me the biggest difference between smoking and vaping is..."

Thanks for the fun!

• Like Like x 1
  8. olscratchy

olscratchy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Maybe a scavenger hunt type giveaway, have people take a pic with their mod & 3 random household items, or a pif where you pick someone else from the group & they win,,, no matter, you're doing great things just as they are

9. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

You can add me to the list of your fans of the way you are currently doing things.

I like the humor contests, and also the "what got you started vaping" theme.

As far as prizes, you consistently give awesome prizes.

10. solipsistic xerophyte

solipsistic xerophyte Senior Member Verified Member

Nov 3, 2014
    southern california
    Only been an active member for a short time and recently found your contests so I don't know what you've done in the past. But last week was a lot of fun.

My suggestion is how about a word scramble?

11. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    The prize packages are great and they something different each week. The entry theme is always interesting and usually requires some small effort but not difficult to do which is nice. The humor ones are always good.

BACON - nothing more needs to be said - just BACON!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    I love the way your contest is structured, and the prize packages are amazing...:thumbs:, keep up the good work. (A XPro M36 Mod package would be excellent)

By way of a theme / weekly question, how about....

What did you vape when you first started, your very first vape experience. Along with what you upgraded to (Madvapes RoughStack in the mix), and what you're vaping today.

13. Utsuru

Utsuru Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    As others have similarly said, I'd like a contest where you share what got you to finally start vaping and stop smoking. I always like reading people's stories. Thank you for such generous and fun contests, I appreciate it! :headbang:

14. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    The contests where you guess the distorted picture are fun.

15. serene.in.dallas

serene.in.dallas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2015
    Theme packs with juice! Maybe an aspire tank with their flask mod or sigelei mod with their tank and batteries. How about a full kit with juice, an mvp 3 pro, starre tank, and extra coils? Your giveaway this time is sweet!

16. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    in your opinion what would be the best set-up to get someone to vape and be comfortable with and hopefully stay with it. anyway that would be a question to ask as we all have our own opinions and actually I would like to read the posts...

17. Bikenstein

Bikenstein Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    I like anything simple that doesn't require excessive time. Show your setup, your favorite vape gear, funny pictures, favorite joke etc.

18. I liked the 'make me laugh' thread the best. The pictures of your setups was nice because I like looking at everyone's stuff, but my stuff is so embarrassing in comparison. :(

19. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    I do hope that whatever style of contest you sponsor you will keep it at one entry, or at least limit it to once per day. I know this increases the amount of posts and possibly would keep it in the front of the contest thread.

20. Bookworm

Bookworm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, I have to agree, your contests are already awesome! I love that they aren't spam contests, those get really old.

I would also suggest more advocacy, maybe encourage people to sign the new petition or join CASAA.

Thanks for another chance to win!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.