MTL Tank suggestions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
And keeping things on thread, Ulton KF Lite has been released recently. And I keep on hearing that Ulton do some good quality tanks at reasonable price points, so may be interesting.

Cloners have been busy, I just checked 3fvape and they have KF Lite clones from:
Ulton
Shenray
Yftk
Sxk

That didn’t take too long. I think I won’t get one, I have Prime and never really liked it.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Agreed. If you skew the geometry installing the perfect wind you never see what it's capable of. Knowing what the device calls for dimensionally puts you in the ball park. Pretty is good but pretty good's not good enough.

Min internal distance of the post hole or block, pos or neg. The max or spread, i.e. the Ø of the hole, would be useful too as then you'd know how much wire you can fit. But the min will tell you how long the coil might need to be to avoid splaying of the leads (outward). This is one of the most common causes of shape distortion of the element. Also potentially a source of strain variation which could affect thermal output or balanced output of the element or pairs, as you well point out.

As well the pos-to-neg across the air hole, assuming a bottom fed air supply, is useful to know to properly calc lead length and get a reasonable est. for resistance.

Good luck. :)

Ah yes, great point. I usually try to eyeball it when watching a reviewer install a coil.:) I never understood, for example, why someone would try to squeeze a long coil on a small KF deck and distort it whilst tightening the post screws. Seems like common sense.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Ekowool (silica) is still around and available, getting round to using that soon. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

And keeping things on thread, Ulton KF Lite has been released recently. And I keep on hearing that Ulton do some good quality tanks at reasonable price points, so may be interesting.
Agree. I have an Ulton qp Juggerknot Mini and it's an absolute 1:1 right down to the pita deck just like the authentic:p

Reactions: Mordacai

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
They are contact coils when I get them, but once I install 1...I make it very slightly spaced. By the way, they have 9 whole wraps with a partial wrap on each end. That changes though as 1 leg is made to point the opposite direction, in order to install it.
A handy little trick to space your coils whether you've built them yourself or buy contact premade. Slide the coil on to a mandrel. Hold one end down with your fingers and stretch out the coil by pulling the opposite leg. Then smoosh the coil together again. You'll end up with an evenly spaced coil. The spaces don't have to be big to get a correct TC reading but even is important.

Reactions: Mordacai

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
EHPRO Kayfun v2 has been my goto MTL tank for years and years. I also like the Beserker, the EHPRO True, and the Coppervape Skyline, but my goto choice for flavor, simplicity, and leak proof pocket carry is still the Kayfun V2.

It's KF Anni Day for us! 2/27/16 - 2/27/19!!

0227191444.jpg

I hated my Ares, and when they both died, (within days of each other, one my fault the other most emphatically NOT) I didn't even bother to replace them.

Easy to build, until they die. Flavor and airflow muddy and eh.

The zenith was a win, the Ares a total not win.

Just sharing mah experience but I wouldn't get one.

Anna

Wow, I'm 180 from the AZ girl. I rather enjoy the Ares (muchly) but did not enjoy the Zenith at all!

Funny how taste is subjunctive, innit. ;)

loopman

Feb 28, 2019
Hi Everybody, I`m struggle with this tank situation a lot. I recently bought Innokin Ares - I really don`t enjoy it at all in flavor department , also leaking, I`m using it with included Kantal and cotton. With the pre made coils was awful and I make own 2,5 with 7 wrap and it`s lil better but again not that I expected. Before the purchase I saw so many positive rev`s and etc but I don`t find the flavor which was described. Now on the way is OBS Engine MTL and I hope will have better flavor because is small - 2ml and the travel distance of the vape will be shorter. However I really really enjoy the vape production flavor and everything from Aspire Tigon tank with the MTL coil. So any advice because I`m little discouraged

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Hi Everybody, I`m struggle with this tank situation a lot. I recently bought Innokin Ares - I really don`t enjoy it at all in flavor department , also leaking, I`m using it with included Kantal and cotton. With the pre made coils was awful and I make own 2,5 with 7 wrap and it`s lil better but again not that I expected. Before the purchase I saw so many positive rev`s and etc but I don`t find the flavor which was described. Now on the way is OBS Engine MTL and I hope will have better flavor because is small - 2ml and the travel distance of the vape will be shorter. However I really really enjoy the vape production flavor and everything from Aspire Tigon tank with the MTL coil. So any advice because I`m little discouraged
Play around with building , high coil lower coil , space coil wraps , wick , try different ways , and some times with wicking it can take half a tank before it really starts putting out ex exceptional flavours

When you have built and wicked it before putting chamber on fire it see if its really throwing out vape
Not just center of coil but also sides where wick enters
Sometimes minor adjustments to wick when built can really make a difference

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wasn't really able to get non-muddy flavor from my Ares. Honestly when they broke within days of each other I did not even try to get them warrantied, that is how "meh" they are for me.

Honestly if you can wait (while you experiment with the Ares, and good luck on that) get a doggy style clone from Fasttech (not the new more complicated one, the original one) for like 12 bucks. Some of the best flavor you will ever enjoy from a tank and really, only a few things you need to know setting it up, etc.

Good luck... I don't think there are a TON of Ares devotees, maybe some. Maybe some will have some advice for you but I really don't.

it's not like the Ares was TERRIBLE exactly it just wasn't....great.

Anna

Reactions: loopman

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Just received some Vaporesso Drizzle MTL tanks, looking interesting so far. Can get from a restricted direct to lung hit to sucking a hedgehog through a hosepipe.

1.8ml capacity, seems small but we will see.

They use the new EUC-MTL coils, one traditional (1.4 ohm) and one CCELL (1.3 ohm), got to sort them and clean them and I'll be able to give an opinion then.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Here is another MTL / restrictive direct lung tank.

Taifun GT 4. A few less parts than the KF5, but not by much and not if you're looking to break it down completely to clean it.
d0e63a33f3c2d89715a05a83c5594b4c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Gt v4 isnt what id call a restricive or MTL, type good atty none the less , an yes im awaiting my single airflow posative post,
GT v2-v3-much tighter airflow, than V4,
By ka v8 out now 22mm has replaceable deck airflow inserts,
Dvarw 22 is fantastic .
There is quite a good list of Restricive DTL -MTL Atomiser and some of the best ones in my opinion are inc the pic below
a943de75d9f856a390283fe388906256.jpg
104603bd0a2d6f2cfbcd40d85d73b699.jpg

Reactions: DavidOck

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Gt v4 isnt what id call a restricive or MTL, type good atty none the less , an yes im awaiting my single airflow posative post,
GT v2-v3-much tighter airflow, than V4,
By ka v8 out now 22mm has replaceable deck airflow inserts,
Dvarw 22 is fantastic .
There is quite a good list of Restricive DTL -MTL Atomiser and some of the best ones in my opinion are inc the pic below
a943de75d9f856a390283fe388906256.jpg
104603bd0a2d6f2cfbcd40d85d73b699.jpg

To me - coming from huffing plumes from RDA's - it's at the same level as my KF5 on setting 4 (largest holes open). And to me, that's a restrictive lung hit. Tank wise, it's probably one of the more restrictive ones I have. As I do have a Dotmod Petri RTA, a Siren 25, and Fancier. The siren is the only one that - wide open - is more restrictive. The Prime and the original KFL+'s I have when the screws are out have pretty tight draws as well. But those are strictly MTL tanks. The GT4 is a restricted lung hit - and when dialed down, can be turned into an MTL tank pretty easily. Will you lose something in lieu of dialing it in that tight? Hell yes you will, but can it be dialed into an MTL draw? The short answer is yes.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread