MTL Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
doggie is very good, but runs hot and can be difficult to catch coil wires under screws, just fyi

I wrap my coil legs all the way around and pull tight, but I don't let the wire cross over the coil leg,so a little less than a 360 degree wrap. I find the Doggy about as easy to coil as a kayfun.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I ordered the SXK one with 2 extra tanks just in case. Can't wait to try it!

My only Doggy is SXK. I'll order more. They are cheap enough to have multiple backups and maybe a few extra tanks. The polycarbonate tank screws down onto the coil deck and I'm sure that the PC threads will wear rapidly against SS. I've filled mine more than a dozen times in week.

ETA: I just ordered 3 more for $11 each from Fasttech. I searched for coupon codes, but the Labor Day deals seem to be gone. I got free E-Packet shipping, well, that cost me 3 cents, so I got 3 for $33 and change.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My only Doggy is SXK. I'll order more. They are cheap enough to have multiple backups and maybe a few extra tanks. The polycarbonate tank screws down onto the coil deck and I'm sure that the PC threads will wear rapidly against SS. I've filled mine more than a dozen times in week.
Keep the threads wet, don't over tighten and hope they last... I remember an old tank from many years ago that had threaded plastic tanks and they never had a problem. I just can't remember what they were???

Wasn't it the old Kayfuns?

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I ordered the SXK one with 2 extra tanks just in case. Can't wait to try it!
You might as well start cleaning and packing up your other atties now. They'll be obsolete in a few weeks.;)
One tip- don't tighten the tank to the base tight at all. It doesn't take much to seal it, and it'll make it difficult to unscrew. Lightly tighten, and you should just be able to push a thumbnail into the af slot and unscrew it. Many complain about having to use a tool to get it undone (especially since it's bottom fill) but that means it's too tight.

You probably already found it, but here's the thread with more helpful tips on best builds, etc.
SXK DOGGY STYLE

Good luck! And if you want to try it with more air, like the SJMY:
upload_2018-9-14_14-16-21.png

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Keep the threads wet, don't over tighten and hope they last... I remember an old tank from many years ago that had threaded plastic tanks and they never had a problem. I just can't remember what they were???

Yes, the Kayfuns had short and long clear tank inserts. I still vape the V2's with the short clear section installed. I like to turn the tank horizontal and see the juice level.

The Doggy seems to tighten itself as I vape. I'll tighten it til it stops and no farther. Then, I push the airflow ring into place without rotating it. When it's time to refill I usually have to wrap a rubber band around it to break the threads loose.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I went back to my Kayfun v2 last night for a change. Meh. The flavor is good, but the Doggy has the edge.

Vaping the Doggy again this morning. It's uncanny how this little atty has made me put the Kayfun on the shelf. If only there was a 4.5ml capacity model. It would only be a little taller and might last most of a day without filling. A 24mm model could be the same height. I'm filling the Doggy about 4 times a day. It's an easy fill, but it seems to go through juice faster than the 9ml or 10ml I vape daily in the KF.

We all need to shout for a 24mm Doggy. Maybe China will respond.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I went back to my Kayfun v2 last night for a change. Meh. The flavor is good, but the Doggy has the edge.

Vaping the Doggy again this morning. It's uncanny how this little atty has made me put the Kayfun on the shelf. If only there was a 4.5ml capacity model. It would only be a little taller and might last most of a day without filling. A 24mm model could be the same height. I'm filling the Doggy about 4 times a day. It's an easy fill, but it seems to go through juice faster than the 9ml or 10ml I vape daily in the KF.

We all need to shout for a 24mm Doggy. Maybe China will respond.
I warned you Dave! If you like KF, you'll love Doggy, and can't go back! Better vape, and so easy to use!;)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I've given in to the popularity of the Doggy and will order one today.

But I usually try to to avoid... plastic tank... even worse, threaded plastic... AFC riding on o-rings... bottom fill (I prefer top fill)... metal drip tip (I prefer delrin). Not sure if the bell is plated (looks like chrome in photos) but plating and paint are also things that I try to avoid. Some say it is loose for MTL. Some say it is a proper MTL if you close off the air flow. Some say it gets hot and that is something that I also try to avoid. I would think you could probably build accordingly though. Pricewise, it is cheap but most vape stuff is cheap. For $15, I got a Galaxies RDTA and it came with 2 glass pieces, 2 drip tips... it even included cotton and coils although I don't intend to use them. Adding all that to the Doggy would cost the same... and the plastic tank won't last.

But it seems that it is the vape, not the features, that made the Doggy popular. I'm going to order it today and I look forward to seeing why it is so popular.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

But I usually try to to avoid... plastic tank... even worse, threaded plastic... AFC riding on o-rings... bottom fill (I prefer top fill)... metal drip tip (I prefer delrin). Not sure if the bell is plated (looks like chrome in photos) but plating and paint are also things that I try to avoid. Some say it is loose for MTL. Some say it is a proper MTL if you close off the air flow. Some say it gets hot and that is something that I also try to avoid. I would think you could probably build accordingly though. Pricewise, it is cheap but most vape stuff is cheap. For $15, I got a Galaxies RDTA and it came with 2 glass pieces, 2 drip tips... it even included cotton and coils although I don't intend to use them. Adding all that to the Doggy would cost the same... and the plastic tank won't last.

But it seems that it is the vape, not the features, that made the Doggy popular. I'm going to order it today and I look forward to seeing why it is so popular.

Yesterday, I ordered three more Doggys from Fasttech for $11 each. I'll probably order some extra tanks for backup next order. My first one arrived in about 5 days from China.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA

Some say this... some say that... but it is hard to find person who does not like Doggy...:) it is probably the most trouble free MTL tank that offer great flavor and is totally leak proof... If you like very tight draw SXK version is better ... if you like a little looser MTL draw SJMY version is perfect... the only small con for this tank is the size of deck that will not let you install any exotic or big diameter coil... 2.5mm diameter is max... and for person who do not have very good eyesight or nimble fingers installing coil can be small challenge... but after couple failures I am getting much better and no longer have problem catching coil legs with those screws.

The only thing I wish doggy had was the easier way to fill... if you screw it tight it is impossible to unscrew it without the help of some kind of tool... if you screw it lightly it will not leak... but when you want to change tank you have to flip it upside down... if you forget to do that deck will stay on your mod and tank will stay in your hand dumping all remaining juice on mod... it happened for me twice...:lol:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Which shipping did you use?

The U.S. E-Packet. It took a few days to arrive in the U.S. in California. Once it hit California it was in my mailbox in Ga. in two days. I was impressed. Fasttech lives up to their name.

My Geek Vape Aegis 100W from Efun took 20 days to arrive using E-Packet. I guess order fulfillment is slow with that outfit, but the price was a steal. Someone has to pick the item and box it for the shipper. They took their slow easy time getting it to the shipper.

Last edited:

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I have two Ares and love them. Great flavor.
I had another popular tank but could not for the life of me get the screws open. I tried freezing and heating but those screws were fused in. I won't mention the name because anyone can get a lemon once in a blue moon. The supplier took it back and gave me a refund so no complaint other than the frustration.
I was super successful with DIY right off the bat. Coil building has been a greater challenge but still soldiering on.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Vivinova? IClear 30?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I tried some mentioned, looking for a new daily, multiple flavor set of toppers. The all-metal/glass Geekvape Zeus single won for me. Very simple, never leaks.
I have 2 of the Zeus tanks and they just don't perform well. The flavor just doesn't come thru strong enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread