MTL Tank suggestions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Wow, there are two of us now!
I use two in rotation with another pair stashed.
Easy to coil. Flavor great. Easy fill. 4ml. Sturdy glass with band if you like.
Comes complete with two coiling tools providing 2.5 or 3mm.
I thought I would like the pre cut Dmitri tool, but liked the smooth Phil tool better.
I was assured months ago they would leak.
Still waiting, maybe someday.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Hands down the kayfun Prime. I have the Ares, Ammit, Berserker 1.5 and Doggy, none of them can compare to the kayfun. Waiting for the new Kayfun Lite to come in the mail so that might be my new favorite. The SXK Kayfun clone works just like the real thing. Second on my list is the Zenith.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
The Berserker is my only MTL tank....

Something to keep in mind, then...

Assuming you're coming from DTL, the same juice can taste quite different in a MTL tank compared to its flavour in a DTL setup. Guess all I'm cautioning against are high expectations...but, you'll probably need to try a few tanks, anyway. ;)

MartinD

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2017
That's surprising to me, because I haven't read/heard about anyone preferring the Mini over the 24mm one for flavor...until I saw your post and MartinD's above. My friends who have both sizes all prefer the 24mm, too.
I'm using two 24mm Berserker most of the time and I think if liquid is adequate to this rta it is the best.But if you make same setup and fill with same liquid 22mm and 24mm version,flavor is better on 22mm Bers.You can use 24mm version with smaller tank and then flavor is on pair but you get slightly warmer vape.Thats my opinion.
Augvape Intake
1.1 ohm 15 watts

Fantastic & not even a seep of a leak
Isn't Intake dtl rta...?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I hated my Ares, and when they both died, (within days of each other, one my fault the other most emphatically NOT) I didn't even bother to replace them.

Easy to build, until they die. Flavor and airflow muddy and eh.

The zenith was a win, the Ares a total not win.

Just sharing mah experience but I wouldn't get one.

Anna

The Ares was a no go for pocket carry. The slide top opened in my pocket and drained a couple ML of juice. It will never enter a pocket again, but I use it around the house here and there.

OTOH, the VV Beserker is a winner in my stable. It's leak free (screw top instead of a slide), easy to fill, and flavorful.

I still go back to the Kayfun Lite V2 as my most used tank. I'm looking hard for a more modern replacement, but nothing has grabbed me for the long run. Yet ...

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm using two 24mm Berserker most of the time and I think if liquid is adequate to this rta it is the best. But if you make same setup and fill with same liquid 22mm and 24mm version,flavor is better on 22mm Bers.You can use 24mm version with smaller tank and then flavor is on pair but you get slightly warmer vape.Thats my opinion.

You must have misunderstood my post, based on yours above. In my post, I didn't doubt that other people say they get better flavor with 22mm Berserkers. I simply said it was surprising to me, because I hadn't read/heard that before. I never think or say that because something is considered to be "better or the best" by one person...it has to be considered the same by everyone else, or they're wrong. In fact, when I see people stating an opinion like that, as if it's a fact...it's a pet peeve of mine. :)

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
I'm using two 24mm Berserker most of the time and I think if liquid is adequate to this rta it is the best.But if you make same setup and fill with same liquid 22mm and 24mm version,flavor is better on 22mm Bers.You can use 24mm version with smaller tank and then flavor is on pair but you get slightly warmer vape.Thats my opinion.

Isn't Intake dtl rta...?
It works beautifully in either mode, I have at least 15 Kayfuns, they are not even in the same league with the Intake. Intake doesn't just blow them out of the water, it kicks them off the planet.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
It works beautifully in either mode, I have at least 15 Kayfuns, they are not even in the same league with the Intake. Intake doesn't just blow them out of the water, it kicks them off the planet.

Two totally different types of tanks. Kind of like comparing a pickup truck to a sports car. I have both and think they are one of the best for what they do. Kayfun for MTL, Intake for R-DTL. I thought this post was about MTL tanks.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Two totally different types of tanks. Kind of like comparing a pickup truck to a sports car. I have both and think they are one of the best for what they do. Kayfun for MTL, Intake for R-DTL. I thought this post was about MTL tanks.

CopperVape Skyline is beginning to share the load with my Kayfuns lately. It's also a tank that can do both MTL and DTL well if you change the airflow disc to MTL or DTL. I'm still a MTL vaper, but I like the flavor and ease of fill. I've been vaping on the Skyline for a couple of weeks and so far it's leak free and appears to be a pocket carry tank.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I've had a few Skylines join my KFL2 array for several months now. As @DaveP says, suitable for a variety of vaping styles by changing out the internal restrictor.

As long as one closes the juice flow before taking off the top for a refill, no leaks. In any position, ime.

Easy build, small part count :) Glass tube, and replacements in both glass and poly on FT.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
CopperVape Skyline is beginning to share the load with my Kayfuns lately. It's also a tank that can do both MTL and DTL well if you change the airflow disc to MTL or DTL. I'm still a MTL vaper, but I like the flavor and ease of fill. I've been vaping on the Skyline for a couple of weeks and so far it's leak free and appears to be a pocket carry tank.

I have been a loyal Kayfun user for 4-5yrs now. Just ordered their newest Kayfun Lite tank.
The Skyline is a very good tank. I have friend who swears by it just like me with the Kayfun. It's all about the user's preference.

What I don't get is how anyone can say a tank with an 810 drip tip is a MTL tank. ??? Maybe an ex cigar smoker?

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
I have been a loyal Kayfun user for 4-5yrs now. Just ordered their newest Kayfun Lite tank.
The Skyline is a very good tank. I have friend who swears by it just like me with the Kayfun. It's all about the user's preference.

What I don't get is how anyone can say a tank with an 810 drip tip is a MTL tank. ??? Maybe an ex cigar smoker?
I have 510 ming drip tips on my Intakes . 1.1 ohm build & I only do MTL.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
They have the 2mL version of the JoyeTech eGo ONE V2 on a special promo for just $5.95, if anyone wants to try 1 for less $, before ordering the more expensive 4mL Mega tank. It's available in Black, SS, and White. Might work well for pocket carry, too, if that's a consideration...since it's smaller.

Joyetech eGo ONE V2 Tank

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread