Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I am a MTL lazy tank vapor. I like a tight draw, and am only focused on flavor. Clouds are more of a detriment, as apposed to a goal.

I say "lazy," because I have zero interest in building quadruple triplicate twisted, quintuple stapled, equanatically parralled, coils, built out of unobtainium. They are gorgeous to look at... but I am not going to be doing that. Simple single coil, spaced, stainless steel (for temp control), low wattage (≤10 watts), is my goal.

I am looking for a simple tank, that has a simple rebuildable single coil deck, that provides amazing flavor, with a tight draw.

Plastic tanks are out (Doggy lovers; this excludes you). I DIY my own e-liquid, and I am not interested in worrying about what may, or may not, melt my tank. GLASS ONLY... PLEASE.

Kayfun lovers, please note, I said "lazy." A 56 piece tank, is NOT my idea of a good time.

Currently, I am vaping a Berserker, with a simple 0.7 ohm (28ga. SS) build. It is adequate. But, it is not "life-changing." It meets my needs; but, it isn't "wowing" me.

What, if anything, am I missing?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hola,
While very satisfied with my Calix V3, my short list includes the dwarv (dwarf?) and the True.
The new SM KFL 2019 looks interesting as well, however I'm still using 22mm devices and tend to dislike, but not hate, overhang.
I kicked the Penodat off my list, but you may want to have a look at it anyway.
Is your Berserker the mini or the full size? I've hear tell of the mini giving just a bit better flavour.

Cheers
I

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I’ve been very happy with the EVL Reaper V3. I’ve got the 2.7mm airflow RDL model but they do have a 1.7 (iirc) mtl model. There are also airflow insert options to dial in your perfect draw. There is not a glass tank yet but it is coming however the stock ultem tank is pretty chemically resistant.

Ease of build and flavor are on point and I have had no leaking issues at all.

https://www.evlvapors.co.uk/product-page/reaper-v3-mtl

EDIT: there is a metal tank option as well, also adding Todds review.

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
If I'm gonna be droppin' 100 large on a tank, I sure would love to see the cross-post (min) and over-the-a/f dim's of the deck. I guess I could assume something's gonna fit, but what? It's probably the most critical spec and one I've rarely seen mentioned by makers or vapers. No make'a no sense.

Guess producers and resellers feel better served by the pervasive illusion that anything works. Those who make quality gear are not.

Good luck. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nature true tank. It's the bomb.

Uh, The new KFL 2019 has arrived it doesn't have a bunch of parts. OR JFC so I hear.

I quite like the mini Ammit it's easy to build and wick too.

A few of my more recent favorites.

I'm getting the MTL version of the engine with my cube and looking forward to it. Etc.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
EHPRO Kayfun v2 has been my goto MTL tank for years and years. I also like the Beserker, the EHPRO True, and the Coppervape Skyline, but my goto choice for flavor, simplicity, and leak proof pocket carry is still the Kayfun V2.

The Coppervape Skyline is my newest leakproof (so far) MTL glass and SS tank. It does have juice flow adjustment, but it's a set it and forget it sort of thing. The plus factor is that you can close the juice flow and then top fill without leaking afterwards. You just turn the juice flow ring clockwise, unscrew the top ring, fill, replace the top ring,and then re-open the juice flow control (under the drip tip). I don't consider that to be an issue with having to fiddle because it's quick and easy and prevents juice dribbles into the coil area while filling. It's also suitable for pocket carry. Mine hasn't leaked yet.

All that said, I'm sitting here this morning vaping my EHPRO Kayfun Lite V2 clone as I have most of the time for the last 5 years. I own lots of wannabe RTA tanks, but the trusty KFV2 still rules the MTL roost in my house. It's an easy fill and maintenance RTA with good, if not great flavor. CopperVape Skyline is right up there with the Kayfun and may eventually take its place.

For the price, the Coppervape Skyline is a steal for a great MTL tank at $19.51.
$19.51 Coppervape Skyline Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Good luck, Joel. Let us know what you buy and how it works out for you.

ETA: it's the next day and I've swapped out the Kayfun for the Skyline. Change is good!

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hated my Ares, and when they both died, (within days of each other, one my fault the other most emphatically NOT) I didn't even bother to replace them.

Easy to build, until they die. Flavor and airflow muddy and eh.

The zenith was a win, the Ares a total not win.

Just sharing mah experience but I wouldn't get one.

Anna

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Exvape has a new Expromiser v4 coming out very soon looks promising but think it might be ultem tank only , so should survive tank crackers ,

Dvarw can use ultem ,

Cloudone v4 half SS and ultem either RDTL, 1mm mtl or 0.7 mtl can be added

Vapor giant V4 mini with mtl pin , glass tank ,
Some of older vapor giant RTA,s can use MTL pins

Or billetbox with a range of RBAs for mtl

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk.

New kayfun mini just out too

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
What other MTL tanks have you used besides the Berserker?

Honestly--and just my opinion--if you're not happy with the flavour from the Berserker, I'm not sure if anything else would please you. I was never a huge fan of the Berserker, but the flavour from the tank was never an issue for me. It was on par with all the other tanks generally considered to have "great flavour".

If you decide on something else, I'd recommend trying suggestions that pop up here based on your other criteria and ignore flavour. But, that's just the opinion of a guy who gave up chasing the next best flavour machine quite a while ago. ;)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thank you, everyone! I appreciate all the suggestions. :thumbs:

What other MTL tanks have you used besides the Berserker?
The Berserker is my only MTL tank. I have two of them. One is set up with the bigger tank; and I use it for my unflavored ADV. The second is set up with the smaller ultem tank; which I use for my flavored DIY mixes.

it very well could be entirely me, and my decades of abusive treatment, to my palate. :facepalm: :rolleyes: :D

I now have some alternatives to consider. Time to start doing some research. :)

MartinD

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2017
[QUOTE="IDJoel, post: 21579247, member: 248394"Currently, I am vaping a Berserker[/QUOTE]
For me,the best mtl rta.Mini is better in terms of flavor and draw is realy tight.Also try kanthal 28ga 2mm 7 wraps 12,5 - 13w setup.Works great for me,on 24mm and 22mm version.Also,there is 1.5 bskr-great flavour,no problems when you fill it but little warm vape.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
"life-changing"..."wowing" me.

After getting my first Zenith...I replaced ALL the other Tanks in my "Rotation" with them...

It has very very very very easy/quick Top-Filling...gives a quite satisfying (slightly "denser") MTL experience...coils last "forever"...never leaks...

Vapecrawler

:2c:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Is your Berserker the mini or the full size? I've hear tell of the mini giving just a bit better flavour.

That's surprising to me, because I haven't read/heard about anyone preferring the Mini over the 24mm one for flavor...until I saw your post and MartinD's above. My friends who have both sizes all prefer the 24mm, too.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@IDJoel - Are you set on vaping subohm, or have you tried your Berserker with maybe a 1.2-1.3ohm SS coil at 7-8 watts or even somewhat higher? It's definitely Tootle Puffer vaping, but it's where I've found that I get consistently great flavor with the 24mm. I know that everyone's palate is different though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread