MTL Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Various build levels in Kayfun. The Vandy Vape Beserker, Innokin Ares, Digiflavor Siren 2, and one that everyone should have ... The DoggyStyle (SXK is the MTL version, SJMY is a looser airflow DTL version).

Others will have suggestions for their favorites.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You didn't specify whether you're looking for a rebuildable or clearomizer. If you're looking for MTL clearomizer tanks (and not rebuildables), the Innokin Zenith is extremely popular. A collaboration designed by PBusardo, Dimitri the Vaping Greek, and Innokin.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You didn't specify whether you're looking for a rebuildable or clearomizer. If you're looking for MTL clearomizer tanks (and not rebuildables), the Innokin Zenith is extremely popular. A collaboration designed by PBusardo, Dimitri the Vaping Greek, and Innokin.

I like that kit but I like rebuilding mostly. That's a great tank. I love how it closes the liquid off when you refill it.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like that kit but I like rebuilding mostly. That's a great tank. I love how it closes the liquid off when you refill it.

If you recoil and build, the Doggystyle has caused me to put my Kayfun on the back burner lately. I've tried numerous MTL rebuildables and always went back to the Kayfun V2. My only wish for the DoggyStyle is that a 4.5ml version should be available. It's 3.5ml capacity, easy to coil and refill, and compact. I'm looking forward to a 24mm Doggy.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
If you recoiling your own, the Doggystyle has caused me to put my Kayfun on the back burner lately. I've tried numerous MTL rebuildables and always went back to the Kayfun V2. My only wish for the DoggyStyle is that a 4.5ml version should be available. It's 3.5ml capacity, easy to coil and refill, and compact. I'm looking forward to a 24mm Doggy.
Does the tank crack on these Doggystyles? I keep seeing and hearing good things about them.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Does the tank crack on these Doggystyles? I keep seeing and hearing good things about them.

It's polycarbonate. I haven't had any issues, but I suppose some juices could be contributors and polycarbonate will crack with known tank crackers. I'm a staunch Kayfun fan, but the Doggy is getting 90% of my vape time over the KFV2.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't tend to use tank cracking juices although the doggystyle I think has multiple clones now and I think there aren't glass tanks yet, there are various different materials available (albeit maybe with slightly different diameter airholes.) If the original is glass, someone mentioned it coming back in stock recently although it's not exactly inexpensive although it is a fantastic tank.

Anna

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My votes for the Berserker MTL RTA! I've used it everyday since it came out. It made me put my Kayfun Lites in a drawer! ...Seriously!
I'm currently using my Berserker. I just wanted to add another tank to my collection and was hoping to find one that's a little different.

I'm getting tired of squonking too lately. I bought a bunch of RDA's for that.

I like variety with my vaping hobby.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I don't tend to use tank cracking juices although the doggystyle I think has multiple clones now and I think there aren't glass tanks yet, there are various different materials available (albeit maybe with slightly different diameter airholes.) If the original is glass, someone mentioned it coming back in stock recently although it's not exactly inexpensive although it is a fantastic tank.

Anna
Anna, If you hear about a glass one, Please let me know.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'll pick one from FT and hope for the best.
Thought I remembered you a while back saying you did tobacco juice? You shouldn't have any issue with either the poly or acryilic if you do. You really should buy one of the SXK doggies (tighter draw), and one of the SJMY (looser, but nowhere near loose, draw). I loved the SXK, but now like the SJMY more. Both are fantastic, and all I use now. Although I did like the Dvarw, vape was about as good- but more fiddly & more parts, like building a Kayfun. It may even have a glass version, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread