The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MTL Tank

Discussion in 'RTA' started by ricks, Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I'm looking for a new MTL Tank. I like single coil only tanks and I vape high PG liquids only. What's new or old out there that I can try?

• Like Like x 2
  2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Various build levels in Kayfun. The Vandy Vape Beserker, Innokin Ares, Digiflavor Siren 2, and one that everyone should have ... The DoggyStyle (SXK is the MTL version, SJMY is a looser airflow DTL version).

Others will have suggestions for their favorites.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You didn't specify whether you're looking for a rebuildable or clearomizer. If you're looking for MTL clearomizer tanks (and not rebuildables), the Innokin Zenith is extremely popular. A collaboration designed by PBusardo, Dimitri the Vaping Greek, and Innokin.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Lalli

Lalli Full Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Spica rta and Dvarw are both great for mtl. (I have only used clones of them)
    Berserker is also very good, as is Vapefly Galaxies rta.

All of them can be made very tight but they should work well in looser draw.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I like that kit but I like rebuilding mostly. That's a great tank. I love how it closes the liquid off when you refill it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    If you recoil and build, the Doggystyle has caused me to put my Kayfun on the back burner lately. I've tried numerous MTL rebuildables and always went back to the Kayfun V2. My only wish for the DoggyStyle is that a 4.5ml version should be available. It's 3.5ml capacity, easy to coil and refill, and compact. I'm looking forward to a 24mm Doggy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Does the tank crack on these Doggystyles? I keep seeing and hearing good things about them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It's polycarbonate. I haven't had any issues, but I suppose some juices could be contributors and polycarbonate will crack with known tank crackers. I'm a staunch Kayfun fan, but the Doggy is getting 90% of my vape time over the KFV2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't tend to use tank cracking juices although the doggystyle I think has multiple clones now and I think there aren't glass tanks yet, there are various different materials available (albeit maybe with slightly different diameter airholes.) If the original is glass, someone mentioned it coming back in stock recently although it's not exactly inexpensive although it is a fantastic tank.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    My votes for the Berserker MTL RTA! I've used it everyday since it came out. It made me put my Kayfun Lites in a drawer! ...Seriously!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I'm currently using my Berserker. I just wanted to add another tank to my collection and was hoping to find one that's a little different.

I'm getting tired of squonking too lately. I bought a bunch of RDA's for that.

I like variety with my vaping hobby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Anna, If you hear about a glass one, Please let me know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Fasttech has a bunch of the Doggies. Which one should I go for??? I have 3 different ones in my cart now but I only want one. Who has the best???

15. john1211

john1211 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    doggie is very good, but runs hot and can be difficult to catch coil wires under screws, just fyi

• Like Like x 2
  16. yakaki

yakaki Full Member

Apr 8, 2018
    Have kf prime, doggy, kf mini 3.1, and the Dvarw beats them all by its simplicity and no frills vape.
    Loved the clone so much I bought the original, its just that great.
    It does only 90% of the flavor comparing to the kf prime, but the vape is so much more consistent..

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I use 28g wire mostly. Sometimes 30g but not in a long time. Now I have to try it again in my next rebuild...

• Like Like x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Sorry, I checked and it looks like even the original was made of frosted plastic, etc.

Anna

19. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I'll pick one from FT and hope for the best.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Thought I remembered you a while back saying you did tobacco juice? You shouldn't have any issue with either the poly or acryilic if you do. You really should buy one of the SXK doggies (tighter draw), and one of the SJMY (looser, but nowhere near loose, draw). I loved the SXK, but now like the SJMY more. Both are fantastic, and all I use now. Although I did like the Dvarw, vape was about as good- but more fiddly & more parts, like building a Kayfun. It may even have a glass version, not sure.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1