Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
It's here, I was playing with the new eGo-T all day and totally forgot to fire these bad boys up... Long awaited NO WICK 306 style atomizer... will meter and test them tomorrow. Pics for now as a teaser... HV306 on the left...

Attachments

• IMG_20110807_043020.jpg
    IMG_20110807_043020.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_20110807_042745.jpg
    IMG_20110807_042745.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 601

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I've been the I06 since Friday and this atomizer is phenomenal. I feel like its just an improvement in every way to the old 306, and the wickless part really made me happy. Great product, I will be exclusively using these when they hit the shelves. The bridge and cup seem larger, so it can really take some long vape sessions if you get it totally saturated.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Primed with four drops, fired twice (1 sec each) no pull, added one drop - vape. Tastes fantastic... makes me wonder why the hell I've been using only MAP tanks for the last week. Get about 5-8 pulls before the flavor drops, add two drops and back in business.

Guessing (and per Isaac) since there's no wick, there really shouldn't be any priming issues.

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Now, this could get exciting! Don't tease me, a wick-less 306 atty? Are my prayers finally being answered after all this time? I think I'm gonna cry... :)

So, what's the scoop, Isaac, what changed? I thought it couldn't be done... It sounds like it's not a 306 even though it resembles one. What's behind your vision for creating this atty? What is it supposed to offer that other atties don't? What kind of vaper is it meant to cater to? Ahh, so many questions... I know that beta testers will share their thoughts of what they think of this atty but it would be nice to hear the introduction of the IO6 from you since this is a completely new product and it's your creation. Thanks.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Get some tissues, Vaporologist... it's wickless, and hits just like a 306 - flavor seems to be on par or a little better than traditional 306's... but that might just be placebo since I haven't used my 306's in a little over a week.

What about TH on a 3.7V device... What's the ohm rating? Is there only an LR version or are there SR, HV...?

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I'm assuming you are talking about Isaac's... Is the 1.8 and 3.6 ohm what your meter reads or are those numbers after deducting the lead resistance?

Thanks for your answers, I appreciate it.

Numbers after deducting lead resistance. And yes, talking about IKV 306's. Can't really compare across multi vendors as I don't use any other vendors 306's.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Now, this could get exciting! Don't tease me, a wick-less 306 atty? Are my prayers finally being answered after all this time? I think I'm gonna cry... :)

So, what's the scoop, Isaac, what changed? I thought it couldn't be done... It sounds like it's not a 306 even though it resembles one. What's behind your vision for creating this atty? What is it supposed to offer that other atties don't? What kind of vaper is it meant to cater to? Ahh, so many questions... I know that beta testers will share their thoughts of what they think of this atty but it would be nice to hear the introduction of the IO6 from you since this is a completely new product and it's your creation. Thanks.
Hey Vladoogle!
It's been FOREVER!
I would say it's reinventing a 306, but it's not. I started a mission to make a more durable 306 atomizer that can stand the test of time and electric currents where the current fails. 306 is an awesome atomizer, great traits but the durability has always kept the 510 at the top. So the mission was set in place and when it came time to dissect the 306 to the wire, I finally discovered it's true weak structure. By listing the components that need to be changed, we realized nothing stays save for the bridge! and even that needed to be modified. The only thing we kept that is 306 is the style, everything else has been reworked/replaced. This one was based off of a few atomizers by borrowing their traits. This one is very liquid efficient, you only need 2-3 drops per vaping session. IF you drown it past 3 drops it will leak upon refill. Initial fill is only 4 drops. Break in is very minimal as there is no wick that needs to be properly wet before using. All you need to do is get the liquids in circulation. The throat hit does surpass a 306 by tapping into the 510 area. The flavor is on par with an 801 as it remains night and day between a 510 and 801. The airflow is restricted to a perfect level, not airy nor tight right in the middle. This unit will also be accepted by any 510 fitting as it has been tested on a Prodigy V3, Provari, Silverbullet, GG, Ego, Ikon, Ego LCD, Reo Rand, Reo Mini, Empire, Apex Ultra, the BB,Indulgence, Phidias, Standard 510 fittings on home made devices. Once we pieced this unit together the potential was so strong that I contracted another manufacture to produce drip tips by written specifications which came out a little snug and a little loose on others, but even the loosest fitting caused no leaks if used under the standing condition of 2-3 drops. The io6 has been in development for quite a while and will make head way as soon to be standard, this I'm certain of.

As for the 1.5, there's a poll for that ;)

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Hey Vladoogle!
It's been FOREVER!
I would say it's reinventing a 306, but it's not. I started a mission to make a more durable 306 atomizer that can stand the test of time and electric currents where the current fails. 306 is an awesome atomizer, great traits but the durability has always kept the 510 at the top. So the mission was set in place and when it came time to dissect the 306 to the wire, I finally discovered it's true weak structure. By listing the components that need to be changed, we realized nothing stays save for the bridge! and even that needed to be modified. The only thing we kept that is 306 is the style, everything else has been reworked/replaced. This one was based off of a few atomizers by borrowing their traits. This one is very liquid efficient, you only need 2-3 drops per vaping session. IF you drown it past 3 drops it will leak upon refill. Initial fill is only 4 drops. Break in is very minimal as there is no wick that needs to be properly wet before using. All you need to do is get the liquids in circulation. The throat hit does surpass a 306 by tapping into the 510 area. The flavor is on par with an 801 as it remains night and day between a 510 and 801. The airflow is restricted to a perfect level, not airy nor tight right in the middle. This unit will also be accepted by any 510 fitting as it has been tested on a Prodigy V3, Provari, Silverbullet, GG, Ego, Ikon, Ego LCD, Reo Rand, Reo Mini, Empire, Apex Ultra, the BB,Indulgence, Phidias, Standard 510 fittings on home made devices. Once we pieced this unit together the potential was so strong that I contracted another manufacture to produce drip tips by written specifications which came out a little snug and a little loose on others, but even the loosest fitting caused no leaks if used under the standing condition of 2-3 drops. The io6 has been in development for quite a while and will make head way as soon to be standard, this I'm certain of.

As for the 1.5, there's a poll for that ;)

Oh Ikenowski, I went from almost tears to goosebumps! I love it when you talk dirty :laugh:

Seriously, from the way you described it, it sounds like it could be The One, especially the HV for me. (Maybe even the LR if the poll goes in the favorable direction :) )I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to try it, for sure! I don't want to get too excited yet but the IO6 does sound like it has potential to be The atty I've been waiting for...

Just making sure I'm not misunderstanding what you said regarding drip tips. Will we have to use your special drip tips or can other standard 306 drip tips be also used? TIA.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Oh Ikenowski, I went from almost tears to goosebumps! I love it when you talk dirty :laugh:

Seriously, from the way you described it, it sounds like it could be The One, especially the HV for me. (Maybe even the LR if the poll goes in the favorable direction :) )I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to try it, for sure! I don't want to get too excited yet but the IO6 does sound like it has potential to be The atty I've been waiting for...
Please remember dropping resistance also changes the vaping characteristics designed.

Just making sure I'm not misunderstanding what you said regarding drip tips. Will we have to use your special drip tips or can other standard 306 drip tips be also used? TIA.
No, they are the same size as a 510 therefore the 306 DTs will not fit :(

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
If the standard drip tips will not fit, has anyone tried the Cherry Vape Cannon drip tips to see if these might fit? I just tried fitting the Cannon tip over a 510 atomizer but it is definetly just a bit too small.

On the bright side it seems like these atomizers will not cause burnt lips with a shorter 306 drip tip. At least I hope that is not the case. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread