Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
She would have been handy for helping my sore body heal after my wife finished kicking my .... for asking the question in the first place.

Had good buddy that was married to a little Japanese woman. We were watching TV one day and they had a report about a nude cleaning service in California or someplace. Tom and Yoko were both in their seventies. I ask her if she would hire them and she said why not as long as they clean, the old dude (pointing at Tom) ain't gonna do anything other than look. :D

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
and I'm not even going to say what's really running thru my brain ..

That debadoo is trouble.........I aint never sayin nuttin to her again!! Ever!! lol No eggnog here though. Wouldn't mind some with a little Sailor Jerry's in it though. Or maybe just skip the nog.....wouldn't wanna ruin the Sailor Jerry's. lol Couple of drinks and I just sit quietly in a corner and giggle. lol

I can't believe it. I am five pages behind and all I did was go to Costco. Jeez what a bunch of blabbers. :)

well that'll learn ya...won't it!! lol Set your pages to 40 posts per page and you'll only have a couple pages to catch up. :laugh:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
My father always said memory is the first to go if you're lucky. I sorta agree but, after seeing my MIL in memory care I'm not so sure. We're picking her up for Christmas dinner tomorrow and the home is putting a "care" kit together. Bibs and diapers. Jeez!

That stinks hun, I'm so sorry. When it's real, it's no jokin matter.

Pies are done! Woot! I'll 'candy' the sweet potatoes in the morning, take them warm. :p
Yea!! Time for a rest now!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
That debadoo is trouble.........I aint never sayin nuttin to her again!! Ever!! lol No eggnog here though. Wouldn't mind some with a little Sailor Jerry's in it though. Or maybe just skip the nog.....wouldn't wanna ruin the Sailor Jerry's. lol Couple of drinks and I just sit quietly in a corner and giggle. lol

The ESP is kicking in, since today, I am celebrating with a meat and cheese tray, a carton of Nog and Captain Morgan .. although Jack and Nog is not too bad either .. I've also got a nice cigar that was gifted to me .. (and please, no Bill Clinton jokes) .. which I have not yet decided whether I will light .. although, after the spiked Nog begins to weaken my resolve, it's a fairly good chance I will .. or, perhaps some "other" combustible material .. when I disappear from the thread, you will know that I have either zoned out in front of a blaring stereo, or decided to drive to a Gentlemans Club based on you and others innuendo .. ;)

Reactions: yiddleboge6

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
I always end up with extra 'little' pies. When I take pies, I buy disposable pie pans. The pans are 8 inch, the recipes are for 9 inch, so there is extra filling. So I put crust dough in a couple muffin tins and use the extra filling to make mini pies. Have yet to find disposable pie pans in a 9 inch size. I prefer not to have to worry about getting my pans back. :) Plus, I get to keep the mini pies. ;) Works for me!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Had good buddy that was married to a little Japanese woman. We were watching TV one day and they had a report about a nude cleaning service in California or someplace. Tom and Yoko were both in their seventies. I ask her if she would hire them and she said why not as long as they clean, the old dude (pointing at Tom) ain't gonna do anything other than look. :D

You wouldn't happen to have the Cleaning Service number handy .. ?? ;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
For Willie with out love!

this song always reminds me of you. You play us many memories!! Piano or not, you're our music man.

When I still played publicly, I always threw in this Joel classic, his first real hit, I believe .. and I would substitute "Piano Man" with "Guitar Man" .. and it is one of the few songs that I can chord out on a keyboard as well .. not fancy like Billy, just chords ..

And, this classic ..

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
lol I almost did guitar man.....since I know you play that. But the lyrics of piano man always make me think of you. Making the crowds happy with the memories.

Oh, I feel certain there are those that are sometimes off put by my posting jags .. and my tendency to drift into probably way too emotional posts sometimes .. that's one of the reasons I'll stay off the thread for a while at times .. just to give it a rest .. I tend to lean toward overdoing it .. it's not done till it's overdone ..

And, that said .. it's been fun, kids, but I'm out .. stay out of trouble, don't do anything I would not do and mind your Mama on that clean underwear and socks .. and a hankie .. ;)

Have a great Holiday, don't nudged into any Cage Matches with relatives that irk you and keep a size larger pants around just in case that waistband expands ..

Much Love, Willie

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Rut Roh! Something is wrong with the new Vamo. Not matter what tank I put on it, it says Low Ohm and they are all over 2.0, checked them on the meter and they work fine on other batteries. Changed out the battery too.

Any thoughts? Did I get a bum Vamo?

If the tanks are loose enough to wobble, it fires ok. wth?

Loose works, snug you get LOW Ω or similar message... Sounds like the insulator around the center pin of the Vamo is / has been crushed down. so when you snug up the topper, it pushes the pin further in, causing the short. Being new, best thing it to contact the vendor about a defective item. If out of warranty, a #60 O-ring can be installed to fix it.

Had to do that with my 1+ year old SVD. In spite of it's soft, no-click fire button, it still vapes fine, so was worth the few minutes to do it. Of course, take out the battery first!

Some tear it down completely but I just used an xacto type knife to cut the old one out. Then I cut one side of the O-ring and used a small (jewleler's) screwdriver to work the O-ring around the pin. Been that way for several months now, no problems. And the O-ring is a bit fatter than the original insulator, so it raised the pin a bit as well. Any good hardware store, plumbing / faucet repair section. :)

May you all have an interesting Saturnalia
5789be0edc181cc675d3c608dceff906.jpg

From my sweet doggie

Ah, but that was Sunday, at the Solstice! :laugh:

I can't believe it. I am five pages behind and all I did was go to Costco. Jeez what a bunch of blabbers. :)

Well, for me, Costco is nearly a 2 hour round trip. Without holiday traffic. And without going in! ONLY 5 pages? Heck, I've been catching up since 10! :laugh:

Merry Christmas, Holly Happydaze!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
hehehe great way to sum it up!!

this was a great fun way to spend a Christmas Eve. Friends, music, a little craziness, and lots of food! I just can't get the image outta my head of poor semi droolin over them pies though. lol

But I am working on a plan - I have friends that are in NC on vacation and are headed this way for New Years and will be driving down I-95 - so all I gotta do is figure out when Patches is going to set her next batch for New Years in the window to cool and I get my buddy to do a drive by - snatch and grab a couple of pies - the only two parts I have not figured out yet - Patches address and how to get my buddy not to eat them before he gets here... :facepalm: :D

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
Loose works, snug you get LOW Ω or similar message... Sounds like the insulator around the center pin of the Vamo is / has been crushed down. so when you snug up the topper, it pushes the pin further in, causing the short. Being new, best thing it to contact the vendor about a defective item. If out of warranty, a #60 O-ring can be installed to fix it.

Had to do that with my 1+ year old SVD. In spite of it's soft, no-click fire button, it still vapes fine, so was worth the few minutes to do it. Of course, take out the battery first!

Some tear it down completely but I just used an xacto type knife to cut the old one out. Then I cut one side of the O-ring and used a small (jewleler's) screwdriver to work the O-ring around the pin. Been that way for several months now, no problems. And the O-ring is a bit fatter than the original insulator, so it raised the pin a bit as well. Any good hardware store, plumbing / faucet repair section. :)

Ah, but that was Sunday, at the Solstice! [emoji23]

Well, for me, Costco is nearly a 2 hour round trip. Without holiday traffic. And without going in! ONLY 5 pages? Heck, I've been catching up since 10! [emoji23]

Merry Christmas, Holly Happydaze!
Yeah, but my doggie doesn't know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread