Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Good afternoon, all. Yes, the daylight is getting longer and I love having the additional hours of light. I just wish that they would do away with the Daylight Savings Time!

And I wish they would keep it year round. Any daylight before 10 a.m. is wasted on me.

Either way, just stop the dang disruptions!!

We here in WA passed a bill to go to permanent DST a year or so back, but are waiting for Congress to approve it... seems those people are too busy contesting an election...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I just checked our county site for a vaccine update. Looks like they're getting 5k doses a week. At that rate we've got another 6 weeks to wait with 35k people ahead of us. It's already been 7 weeks. Of course some of the people ahead of us have found other places to get their shots, but we haven't found a place on any of the lists we've signed up on to remove our names once we've gotten our shots so I'm hoping that number of people ahead of us is much smaller. I recently got an email from my ENT doc office that they were approved to get the vaccine so I signed us up with them. That was 2 hours from when the email came in. I've got a check-up with them on Thurs so I'll get an update then.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Had my ENT doc visit yesterday. They're approved to administer the vaccine, but haven't gotten any yet. I keep checking my computer, but missed a notice from our county to click a link to get a number to make an appointment. Turns out I was 1/2 hour late but they were closed and didn't have any appointments left anyway. Their hours are 8:30-3:45. WTH? Bea said their county works pretty much the same way - appointments fill up within minutes. We're signed up at 10 different places so hopefully one fo those will come through.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I've told you the story of us waiting for 7 weeks to get an appointment with our county to get the C19 shot. We finally got an email with an ID number to schedule, but there were no appointments available. We didn't know what happens next. Is the Id number still good? We missed the time slot to register so does that mean we go to the end of the line? All day today the site still showed no appointments available. So, Mike sent a facebook message to our state legislator and within minutes they replied that they'd check into it. A few minutes later they replied that our ID number was still good and a bunch of appointment times would be available tonight. So, I kept checking online and Bingo! We're both scheduled for our first Pfizer shot on Tuesday!! This is the 2nd time a state legislator helped us. It's good to keep track of them, they can come in handy.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Yesterday Mike and I went and got our first Pfizer shot given by the county. So far we've had no adverse symptoms at all. I swear I didn't even feel the shot and neither of us even have a sore arm! We weren't sure what to expect because we've heard that some people got pretty sick for 24 hours. Seems like it's more the Moderna that people have trouble with, but I could be wrong. Given the problems we had getting the appointment I gotta say actually getting the shot was handled extremely well. Went like clockwork. They must do 1000 people a day. The line moved fast and efficiently. It's nice not having to constantly be watching the computer for an appointment notice to come. 2nd shot is scheduled for 4/13.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I guess it's been a few years since I was ejected from this thread. Just dropped in and saw vaccinations being discussed. So happy that now that the opportunity is being offered to much younger people than I, I've got an appointment early tomorrow afternoon for both me and my mom, combined ages 159 years.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I guess it's been a few years since I was ejected from this thread. Just dropped in and saw vaccinations being discussed. So happy that now that the opportunity is being offered to much younger people than I, I've got an appointment early tomorrow afternoon for both me and my mom, combined ages 159 years.

We signed up with our county 7 weeks ago and finally got our shots on Tuesday. It was the Pfizer one. Neither my husband or I had any reaction at all. Not even sore arms! I sure hope the 2nd one goes as well. Of course, I was prepared with soup in the freezer and got groceries in so I was prepared. Seems to be the best way to avoid problems-be prepared!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Spring.jpg

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Nah, you'd lose appreciation for it with no comparison ;)

You're probably right, but I wouldn't be complaining. I actually do like the seasonal changes, but they just last too long. In my perfect world we'd have a winter of 3' of snow for 1 month and then Poof! Spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread