Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If the pictures of the vaping liquid in my most recent previous post are in violation of an ECF rule, somebody please let me know so I can delete them before a mod jumps on me. I didn't know, but I see that a 3-letter acronym I used was censored, and that same acronym is printed on the bottle.

?? @classwife ?

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

I'm not gonna snitch.
Is there anything to snitch about? Neither of you has indicated aye or nay. Personally, I do not know whether my post violates any ECF rule, but if it does, I'd like to know. I'm hoping that your cryptic posts mean you don't know either. If you know, you have to tell... I call.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Is there anything to snitch about?

don't know.gif

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I've got to remember the his check-off notation method and give it a try around here. :rolleyes:

You do realize I read this thread too?

One thing about crossing things off he list; make sure you can still read what you've crossed off. That becomes an accomplishment list!

If the pictures of the vaping liquid in my most recent previous post are in violation of an ECF rule, somebody please let me know so I can delete them before a mod jumps on me. I didn't know, but I see that a 3-letter acronym I used was censored, and that same acronym is printed on the bottle.

Good question.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I've found the remarks about 'honey do' lists quite amusing...:lol: Having been married to a man with a brilliant mind, but alas, little of that thing called common sense, and incapable of using any tool more formidable than a screwdriver without causing himself severe injury. All of the tools, power saws, drills, hammers, pliers, socket wrenches, etc....you name it...in our household were my personal possessions...;)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I've done more research on the "different" kind of joose that I bought yesterday. It turns out the price I paid at a brick and mortar for 300 mg of this in 60 ml of vaping base (VG and PG) was not an inflated price at all compared to online prices for the identical joose.

The brand I purchased, HempBombs, seems to be one of the most well-known, well-liked and least expensive per mg of this.

Oddly enough, the product is sold according to total content per container rather than amount of ingredient per ml. That means that a 16.5 ml container with 250 mg has 15 mg per ml while a 60 ml container with 300 mg has only 5 mg per ml. At the vape shop yesterday, I bought the latter but they also had the former for sale.

Here's the manufacturer's website, which sells and explains the product: (you can PM for this) They also sell the product in different forms: oil, cream, gummies, capsules and other delivery vehicles. I have already ordered more vape joose. My recommendation is to shop according to total mg per container, which makes the e-liquid as good or better than other forms when it comes to price-per-mg.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Whoa wowzer !
I did some editing.
Reminder that you can't discuss/mention that stuff at all on ECF in any way, shape or form.
Evading the Forum's Censors by 'spelling out the letters' is also a no-go.
In the interest of expanding my mind with more knowledge, will you or someone please point me to the rule that I inadvertently violated? I'm not challenging the rule; I'd simply like to read it.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Forum Rules

16. Offensive or illegal content
a. Although the Officials will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for all messages to be reviewed. All messages express the views of the author alone, and neither the Owner nor Officials of this Forum may be held responsible for the content of any message.
b. The forum software automatically censors (removes) some offensive words, links to low-quality websites, and terms we do not wish discussed here. If a word or link in your post is removed and replaced with ........., it has been censored. Do not attempt to defeat or evade the forum censoring software.

34. Electronic cigarette definition
d. ECF does not allow or support the use or discussion of use of any substances that we consider unconnected to normal e-cigarette use or generally recognized as illegal. ECF is a single-topic resource and that topic is the e-cigarette.
e. Members may not discuss non-legal non-consumer drugs.

Why we don't allow drug talk

:)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Forum Rules
34. Electronic cigarette definition
d. ECF does not allow or support the use or discussion of use of any substances that we consider unconnected to normal e-cigarette use or generally recognized as illegal. ECF is a single-topic resource and that topic is the e-cigarette.
e. Members may not discuss non-legal non-consumer drugs.

Why we don't allow drug talk

:)
Thanks, Cindy. I will now post my one-time objection to ECF's interpretation of its own rules.
I can't argue against "substances we consider unconnected", since that means whatever ECF chooses for it to mean. However, there is no illegality regarding the substance I was discussing... not here in any US state and not in the UK either. I was not able to find evidence of it being illegal anywhere in the world. Therefore, it is odd to me that the majority of what was cited was related to legality.

I'm done. I'm right, but it doesn't matter. I won't mention the subject again. Can I still mention drinking alcohol? There are places where that's not legal, and it's not connected to normal e-cigarette use so far as I know.

Last edited:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
In the past, I did and believed what the doctor said, too often to my own detriment. At this moment, I am a robot, automatically following through. Most probably for my own good. They are giving me choices, though.

However, I did vacuum my apartment, and I am doing the laundry. Next, I do the dishes.
I've found the remarks about 'honey do' lists quite amusing...:lol: Having been married to a man with a brilliant mind, but alas, little of that thing called common sense, and incapable of using any tool more formidable than a screwdriver without causing himself severe injury. All of the tools, power saws, drills, hammers, pliers, socket wrenches, etc....you name it...in our household were my personal possessions...;)
Yiddle, you just described me to a "T". Well, except that part about the brilliant mind. The point is, I'm hopeless when it comes to all the home repair and mechanical shenanigans that many men get up to. I envy guys who can do all that stuff, but I was never taught growing up and didn't really take an interest until it was a bit too late to master it all.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Is there anything to snitch about? Neither of you has indicated aye or nay. Personally, I do not know whether my post violates any ECF rule, but if it does, I'd like to know. I'm hoping that your cryptic posts mean you don't know either. If you know, you have to tell... I call.

Hence why I put in a "call" to our friendly moderator :)

And while I agree with you, seems we also agree on "Oliver's house, Oliver's rules." :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
The specter of "nursing home" looms large for elderly people. I bucked and ....hed for quite a while about "being put in a nursing home!" I was mad for two weeks! Convinced myself that I was being put out of sight therefore out of mind. Nobody cared anything about me anymore! Nobody would ever come to see me in my "prison". Wah, wah, wah. I had just started dialysis. my body was a wreck from my kidneys dying, I had had two strokes and I could not care for myself. Someone even had to be with me at all times because not only could I not feed myself........I was having major hallucinations and kept wandering out of the house at night.

So here is probably what is going to happen with Ginny. She's gonna love it! I say this because I have a suspicion that there is going to be physical therapy, occupational therapy, meals served in her room if she so desires, and she doesn't have to wash her clothes or make up her bed. Her therapists (physical, occupational, speech etc.) are there for her. Yes they have other patients but the time they spend with her is hers only. There will be other folks younger, same and older than she is. They will have disabilities and stories waaaaaaaay different than hers.

I spent 6 weeks at this "awful place" and was sorry to leave.

Your job is to go there and look it over closely. If it doesn't suit you tell the doctor no you don't like this one, show you another one. Hold out for the one you like. Medicare will probably pay for it. But ask that so you won't be
surprised.

Any, all or none of the above may happen. I was fortunate enough to have wonderful staff who helped me heal, walk and speak again. Can't say a lot about my typing skills anymore but ya' gotta give up something. LOL
I had good experiences also. 3 times, all post surgeries. The first was great, private room. But that was different insurance & I had an open wound & already compromised immune system, so alone was good. 2nd & 3rd times I had roommates. Same Rehab/Skilled Nursing facility. PT & OT were great. The first time I couldn't walk at all h could barely stand alone. I was going thru something that started like Ginny's but went much further & I came really close to dying. I was so happy to get out of the hospital! I had no therapy there at all h was there for a month. Rehab was sooooo much better. During all of it I only had 2 negative experiences. Both because of panic attacks. Once they realized what was going on they were great with helping me. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again. You do need to go see her some & be a physical presence to be noted. But daily is not good. She needs to eat, sleep, rest up for therapy & let the morphine or delaudid or whatever wear off so she can think clearly & get her strength back. I really have a hard time coming out of that. It takes quite awhile. Biut it's not an "in there to die" thing. It's a "in there to get better & go home" thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Damn what a morning. Ginny called at 00730 and informed me that she was coming home today instead of going to rehab and the doc said ok. So I'm running around trying to find all the parts to the commode. Wondering what I'm going to do when she can't walk. She put me on the spot and said well you want me to come home right? I didn't know what I was going to do. Well Gdaughter called her and tried to get her to realize I couldn't do it yet. Then the doc said no you need to go to rehab. She said as sooon as they get a bed I called them and they are all ready for her just has to get a little more stable. So she is still going to the Rehab place which is really nice. The neighbor was there I was there when it wasn't so nice the neighbors mother was there. She'll get PT 2 or 3 times a day and get her back on her feet. Man I was like a chicken with his head cutoff. Really had me going for a while. She can't come home yet plus her WBC dropped a little today so they are not quite ready to move her out of hospital yet. Definitely got my heartrate up. Sheesh
That's great! She'll be able to walk when she does come home. Coming home now is a terrible idea for both of you. Since mobility is an issue for both of you, please get that lined up next. Neither of you can keep doing this h it keeps coming up.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Well Ginny is all transferred. The place is also balking at her pain medication and talking about cutting her down. Now is not the right time to put her in withdrawals. I'm going to take a copy of her prescription in and tell them she has been on them for 1 1/2 to 2 years. I guess they don't realize she has 9 months to 1 year to live. That pretty much exempts her I believe. Talking about switching her to Condroitin or something like that part of the time. I don't know what it is that they can't understand. I will try to get them straightened. Possibly they don't know she has Stage 4 SCLC or something.
Any time a new Dr steps in they start questioning meds. She's on stuff for several different things. In the end, they have to go with what the Drs that have been treating her all along say. Go up there & have a face to face with whoever is rocking the boat. Tell them if they have questions about the treatment program her Drs have her on then they should consult with her Drs. In the meantime they are not to change a thing. This is something you need to be tough about. She is only under their care temporarily, not on a continuing basis. They are not her Drs. If they object call her Drs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread