Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Here is an ordinary bad day to help things get back to normal.
lol sorry ya had a rough day! But it'll sure be fun swimmin in the pool this summer! And thank goodness the car was only 11.00 not 1100.00!!

im waiting for the announcement that bottled water causes cancer.
oh that announcement was made years ago with all the BPA (I think) plastic lol

and a 307 mile drive to my base has not left me with a lot of energy.
oh dang darlin! You be super careful drivin back.

Imma come visit so you'll have an excuse to take off for the whole time! You can't go if you have a guest!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
I wanna go wiff ya!!!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Good morning, all, with apologies for having been AOL :)

@seapeach, I am so happy that your gd is on the road to recovery! Sending prayers, prayers and more prayers.

Though I missed saying this yesterday, my undying gratitude to all of our servicemen and women. "Because they stand on a wall and say, 'Nothing's going to hurt you, tonight. Not on my watch.'"

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Started spraying the deck, and accidently sprayed my nice shirt… yanked it off and dumped it in the pool, then moved it to the bathtub and gave it a good soak in water… No good… I now have a spray-shaped white spot on my green shirt. Darnit.

Well, that's easy. Spray a few more splotches and then get some RIT and finish it off! You'll be responsible (blamed?) for re-starting an old style - think tie-dye :)

So now apparently talcum powder causes cancer, im waiting for the announcement that bottled water causes cancer.

Deb beat me to it, yep, BPA.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
All but about 4 years of my 35 year career was spent on night-shift. My circadian rhythm will never be right. I recently read an article about type 2 diabetics being pre-disposed d/t weird shifts. Had to do with melatonin and the liver dumping glycogen in the middle of the night cause it expects you to be busy. I have been disabled for nearly five years and still can't get my sleep readjusted.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
@3mg Meniere , @seapeach, @Kenna
Yes, I like to keep my humor through days like this.
We end the day, or begin the next....
With a bit of insomnia. Just woke up fully after only 3.5 hours sleep! I will be up for a couple of hours, then back to bed and getting up so I can do the shopping, get more money, put on the new backwash hose, and maybe relax for a bit.
Me, too. I can't even get sleep till about 2 am. But I take several med's that make it possible for me to be comfortable when immobile for awhile & while my mind is at rest. They make me sleepy & turn off my brain. I can sleep about 6 or 7 hours with them. Without them I might sleep 3 hours before the brain freaks out & I'm wide awake with my mind ricocheting around.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm lucky, I usually sleep all night, but when I can't sleep, I get up and watch tv for about 1/2 hour. That usually works for me.
I have a tv with a sleep timer in my bedroom. When I'm ready to go to sleep I set it for 2 hours, turn the volume way down & fall asleep. If I do wake & known I'll have a hard time getting back to sleep I just reset it & lay there & watch it till I dose off again. The white noise of the low volume helps. And I never get up unless for the potty.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Working with artists today to acquire an image for book branding. I want an elegant and stealthy-looking heron's side-view perched atop a gator's head. A face-on view of the gator just breaking the surface of the water. A simple black and white image that would easily transfer to T-shirts and swag. Sound simple??? You should see the images artists have sent, so far. LOL...this is a lot harder than it sounds.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
My insomnia is largely due to 6mg massive intellect, my brain is so desperate for stimulation on its own level, it refuses to give up

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

WOOHOO..thanks for the awesome excuse!!

Oh wait..:confused: I've never had insomnia...drats....

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Working with artists today to acquire an image for book branding. I want an elegant and stealthy-looking heron's side-view perched atop a gator's head. A face-on view of the gator just breaking the surface of the water. A simple black and white image that would easily transfer to T-shirts and swag. Sound simple??? You should see the images artists have sent, so far. LOL...this is a lot harder than it sounds.
Email me a photo of a heron side view and a gator from the angle you want. I'll see what I can do. Use to do this stuff for a living. No guarantee but the price is right.:)

Last edited:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Hey folks...

I just have to share the blessings.. one is great and the other one is major!

Today Chey showed up with a box of home-made meals, with the woman... an older friend of hers that works with her...that made it all...stuffed peppers, meatloaf/mashed taters, meat spaghetti, mac n cheese, chili,
chicken enchilada filling, bananas, sweet rolls, mini cinnamon rolls ( Chey musta told her some of the things i like!) I'd never met this woman ever and yet she has such a big kind heart that she spent hours shopping and cooking for me!

She definitely gets a tin of peanut brittle!

The second one from last week....

One day when Chey was here she said she had a message for me from her Dad. Now, we hadn't had anything to do with each other in at least seven years, when his wife, my daughter, assaulted me and destroyed some of my things...I had her arrested and got a restraining order on her...called him a eunich a few times over the years for allowing her to wreak havoc periodically over the years on their children with her drug use/abuse over the years, which she did just a couple of weeks ago.

She's straightened up a little, but still disappears for a few days once or twice a year. His parents get to be with Jazzy ,the other GD, the last few months, but I'm banned. I send her b'day cards/ presents and Christmas cards/presents every year though and Chey says my daughter hasn't destroyed any of them.

Anyway, the message was that I could see Jazzy either at my home or at a restaurant, but he has to be there the first time.Knock me down with a tiny feather!!!! I never thought I'd actually see Jazzy again till she was grown!!!! I'd just told Chey a few weeks ago that if I lived long enough she'd be grown and then I could be with her a lot, and thanks to her, at least she knows a little bit about me.

So Am I blessed? Yes indeed!

If there's a moral to this, I'd have to say...never give up hope!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread