Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
A warm* and hearty welcome to our new porchers/porcheritas! Do hope y'all enjoy our amenities and make yourselves at home.

* Currently a pleasant 82°F here on Florida's Suncoast...
hammock.gif

<Wish y'all were here!>

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
A warm* and hearty welcome to our new porchers/porcheritas! Do hope y'all enjoy our amenities and make yourselves at home.

* Currently a pleasant 82°F here on Florida's Suncoast...
hammock.gif

<Wish y'all were here!>
"Porcheritas":lol: I had no idea I'd learn so many useful words when I came to the porch. :)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
So many choices! :thumb:

So many choices! :nah:

:lol:

Yeah, it can be confusing, and without ECF.... :cry:

Lots fewer options when I started, and compared to many here, I was a latecomer to the party. (My quit date was 10/11/12.) Options were largely what mAh fixed voltage battery, carto or clearo, and which of 3 resistance values. Well, maybe not that limited, but close! How times have changed, and as @Bea-FL mentioned, it may stop changing in the not too distant future depending on what the new admin in DC does or doesn't do regarding the dooming...

Most of what's out now did not exist prior to 2001, so left unchanged, it won't be legal to market after 8/8/18. That would be most all the adjustable mods, most tanks, most pre-built replacement heads.... and the onerous regs for juice defy description! So having a few (a lot?!) of replaceable battery mods, several (many?) of your preferred toppers, and lots of nic in the freezer is a reasonable strategy. Things like PG, VG, resistance wire, all with many common non-vape uses, no real need to stash.

(Nic, sealed well in the freezer, has a REALLY long shelf life, so even if one doesn't diy now, it's good insurance.)
You were only a month ahead of me in vaping.

I personally have enough nic to last about 15 years. And enough cotton and wire to last me and the next generation a lifetime.
I've purchased several candy molds too... Because I don't trust "them" to not start checking my purchases for patterns. As I vape mostly candy and fruit, I'm covered :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I can't wait to fix up my mod/tank/juice disaster area lmao

work in progress :p

I did that a few month's ago ... this is what got packed away.

IMG_4163_zpsedx33fdt.jpg

Still in circulation are:

4x Provape Radii
2x Provari P3's
4x Provari 2.5's
2x Istick 50's
4x iStick 40's
4x iStick Pico's

As to toppers ... I've got an Army of KFL's. A platoon each of the Lites, V3's, V4's and V5's. Then there's the reserve company of 'em just in case re-inforcements need to be activated. Then there's the odd couple of ErlK's and a bunch of retired Genny's. And not to forget 4x Kabuki's and boxes and boxex of replacement heads for if'n I can no longer wind and wick my own coils.

Disclaimer: This collection is not personal, it's shared w/ my wife.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Seeing as we are in the deep freeze in the Great White North, may as well jump on your porch...an ole fart here, and thanks for doing this
Welcome to the Porches! Love your name!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Yup, lots of mods (regulated and mech squonkers), pre-made coils and coil making stuff. Not enough attys with a velocity-style deck, though. That deck is stupid easy to build on! I think I'll be able to manage that style atty for many, many years to come.

@mongo74, it's nice having lots of attys. Sometimes ya want more clouds; sometimes, more flavor. Sometimes ya want matchy-matchy; sometimes bigger coils; sometimes duals or triples... An' sometimes, ya just want a new shiny! :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Seeing as we are in the deep freeze in the Great White North, may as well jump on your porch...an ole fart here, and thanks for doing this
Welvome to The Porches, @Whatnametouse! Love the name!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
You don't carry a backup with you?! :shock:
I am never away from home long enough to even carry my one. Weaning is going well. Although right now I just finished an edit of my writing project, and could use some nic.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What I find odd (besidez everything) iz after all these years talking about sealed batt modz, no one has come up with a walkthru on changing them. Knot possible to be impossible so yood think there'd be all kinds of "hack yer mod" stories.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
What I find odd (besidez everything) iz after all these years talking about sealed batt modz, no one has come up with a walkthru on changing them. Knot possible to be impossible so yood think there'd be all kinds of "hack yer mod" stories.
You might try the Modding Forum.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You might try the Modding Forum.
Knot da same, hunee. :) I mean like say you have an mvp. (or any facsimile thereof) You can't just do a search for replacing the batt. The forums start out ok but rapidly get off track with the mine's bedder den yers deal. And no one can name a batt to replace it. Or where to get one.
Knot sayin I want to. Just that itz odd that there aren't a bazillion posts on how to where to why to out there.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Knot da same, hunee. :) I mean like say you have an mvp. (or any facsimile thereof) You can't just do a search for replacing the batt. The forums start out ok but rapidly get off track with the mine's bedder den yers deal. And no one can name a batt to replace it. Or where to get one.
Knot sayin I want to. Just that itz odd that there aren't a bazillion posts on how to where to why to out there.

Likely its beyond the skill set of the average vaper to disassemble something like an MVP or iStick and solder in a replacement battery. And a true modder isn't going to be interested in something like an MVP or iStick.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Likely its beyond the skill set of the average vaper to disassemble something like an MVP or iStick and solder in a replacement battery. And a true modder isn't going to be interested in something like an MVP or iStick.
Hah! I got 3 in rotation. :) And I honestly don't see a diff in flavor compared to a provaree.
...., dat bein sed... I dunno. There's piles of stuff out there on how to rebuild a flipppin fone! :) Lotta folks just do it fer fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread