Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I made a mistake that price I gave you for the Siren is wrong that was in China. Never had heard of this place but the site looked so American had me fooled. Actually $30 here in the states. I can wait to see what Busardos is. I also screwed up and wrapped 2 of my coils at 7 wraps instead of 6 and doesn't work as good because coil is too long for that tiny little air hole 6 is better and 5 might even be better then that. @MikeE3 any more word on your Primes from China. Last I saw it was shipped. Can't wait to hear how they are especially compared to the authentic.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well I made a mistake that price I gave you for the Siren is wrong that was in China. Never had heard of this place but the site looked so American had me fooled. Actually $30 here in the states. I can wait to see what Busardos is. I also screwed up and wrapped 2 of my coils at 7 wraps instead of 6 and doesn't work as good because coil is too long for that tiny little air hole 6 is better and 5 might even be better then that. @MikeE3 any more word on your Primes from China. Last I saw it was shipped. Can't wait to hear how they are especially compared to the authentic.

A couple days ago ... the China Primes arrived in the states. Maybe they'll show up in my mailbox Monday.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

A couple days ago ... the China Primes arrived in the states. Maybe they'll show up in my mailbox Monday.

Morning update ... "Out for Delivery".

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
Morning update ... "Out for Delivery".

Nice. Can't remember, do you have an authentic prime to side-by-side? I got this gunmetal V2 in yesterday. Will play with it for a few days and report back.

20171118.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Nice. Can't remember, do you have an authentic prime to side-by-side? I got this gunmetal V2 in yesterday. Will play with it for a few days and report back.

View attachment 701093

Nice! I like the looks of the gun metal finish. err, umm, but educate me ... a V2 what?

I should in about a week. I have an original on order w/ OriginVape. They told me they're expecting to get their re-stock on the 20th. So, hopefully I'll have both to compare soon.

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
Nice! I like the looks of the gun metal finish. err, umm, but educate me ... a V2 what?

I should in about a week. I have an original on order w/ OriginVape. They told me they're expecting to get their re-stock on the 20th. So, hopefully I'll have both to compare soon.

lol ... sorry, it's the Siren V2. Just loaded it up for the inaugural voyage.

20171118_090614.jpg

20171118_094137.jpg

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
I can wait to see what Busardos is.

I watched the video on the Ares. I'll try that one out. Like the looks of the wick supports he put in there, the wick resting and letting juice seep down the air channel is a downfall of a lot of tanks I've used.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

View attachment 701093
That looks good. I wonder how the paint will hold up?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
One thing I've noticed about these K5's with the MTL adapters it seems to make no difference what setting you use the AF is so close, the adapter is doing all the controlling. The smaller coil made a lot of difference. I accidently wrapped a 7 wrap and was just to big for that tiny air hole.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I watched the video on the Ares. I'll try that one out. Like the looks of the wick supports he put in there, the wick resting and letting juice seep down the air channel is a downfall of a lot of tanks I've used.
Thats one of the differences and he said something about the chimney I believe it is has a slight lean on it. Otherwise they look damn near the same.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@MikeE3 must be busily building his SXK Primes. Real curious how they work. Does that Siren 2 have a tight vape, which I imagine you can get about as tight as you want. I like that air diffuser idea. The Ares has more of one but I would think the style on the Siren 2 would work just as well. I see the original Siren has the type the Ares has.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

View attachment 701093
Is that the 22 or 24. I see Eciggity has them in all colors. $30 SS $31 colors. Vapor DNA only has 2 colors SS and I think black or gunmetal.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@MikeE3 must be busily building his SXK Primes. Real curious how they work. Does that Siren 2 have a tight vape, which I imagine you can get about as tight as you want. I like that air diffuser idea. The Ares has more of one but I would think the style on the Siren 2 would work just as well. I see the original Siren has the type the Ares has.

Yes, I was. I setup both SXK primes last night. Verdict ... Janet and I both like them, will probably order a couple-few more from FT (just got to find their Thanksgiving coupon code, I saw it someplace).

The quality is pretty darn nice. I'd say it's going to rival the original. Only one minor 'con'. On one of them the bottom plate that the 510 screw holds in place is a tight fit putting back in place. At first you think it might not go back in, but a little 'push' and it does. The other one just falls right into place. No big deal, it's not a piece that's taken apart but rarely.

Oh, and it doesn't have the Svoe logo on the chimney. So instead of using 'that' as my guide for opening up the juice control. I 'look at' one of the air holes in the base of the chimney then then the tank and 'count off' seven holes while turning ... so I have it opened 1+ turns. (note. there is 6 air holes in the base)

Janet has hers set on 2 'dots'. I'm running mine wide open. For me I would like even a bit more air flow ... but I still like it. The Prime could wind up replacing all of Janet's KFL-lites (which she uses in nano mode). The advantage being 'no' screwdriver needed for refills.

The flavor is about the best I've had from any of the KFL line up. Janet agree's ... even the 1st few vapes on a new coil/wick tasted good from the get go.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
My build for the KF-Prime: 29g Kanthal, 2.5mm id, 7 wraps 1.6Ωs

(he, he ... I just noticed I left the mandrel in place while reading Ωs and it still 'read' correctly)

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6633.jpg

I wrap the leads around the outside guides, not the deck screw. This avoids some distortion of the coil if/when I used to wrap around the screw.

IMG_6634.jpg

Wicked with Delasco rayon balls

IMG_6635.jpg

Shoulders trimmed about 1/2 off.

IMG_6636.jpg

I juice up the wick and cut to length before tucking the tails in the chamber. I use tweezers to grab the end of the wick, pick it up and direct it into place. Then poke it into place with a small screw driver.

IMG_6637.jpg

All done and ready to assemble the tank.

IMG_6638.jpg

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
will probably order a couple-few more from FT (just got to find their Thanksgiving coupon code, I saw it someplace).

Fasttechs Thanksgiving code is CELEBRATE10, but with the SXK Prime, they have the code MAP that gets it even lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread