Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I would bet that if a survey was done - you would find a good many had to try one just to see somewhere down the road after quitting - I mean you did it for years - you had to see what were you missing. And at least for me I had a hard time believing I did that for years and even defended it...
Exactly! I did it a couple of times the first year & then once ayear ago. I just couldn't get over the fact that I couln't stand something I'd desperatly craved for so long.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I never tried a cigarette after I was off them. That being said, I was a two cigarette smoker in the morning with coffee for about six months. One day, I realized that I hadn't smoked for a few days so I don't know the date I actually quit. If I hadn't had that dual use for so long I would probably have had to try it.

I am happy to know that I am not the only one that gave in to curiosity only to find our smoking is truly behind us. It is a very good feeling.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Re-inforces that fact that you are not going back - Right...
Yes! It's still amzing that it happened so fast. Like flipping a switch. SMH.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Sure! I'll take that wacky pup! I wish I could get all the pups I sit for together in one place. They are all so funny. I'd have to get another lap or two.

Brutus in his chair with feet on his ottoman.
0d3c72fe9b0b1af8b03589525c100197.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

What a character! :lol: Great photo. When you're not with them you can watch these little guys, they're even funny when they're having puppy dreams. :D Warrior Canine Connection Puppy Cam - Nursery camera | Explore.org

EDIT: Meant to add that being paid to be around them (and buy more shiny stuff) has the advantage of not having to pay vet bills. :)

I would bet that if a survey was done - you would find a good many had to try one just to see somewhere down the road after quitting - I mean you did it for years - you had to see what were you missing. And at least for me I had a hard time believing I did that for years and even defended it...

I was shocked at how much it stunk. But I do think that is mainly true for people who are not around smokers after they quit. I find it much more offensive than my husband does or even a neighbor whose husband smokes. BT failed miserably in that department. :thumbs: Even if I sometimes long for the "peaceful old habit," one whiff and I'm over it.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Congrats everyone! As long as some of you try them once in a while and say that they are Yucky, I've stayed away. I believe!
Same here. I have no intention of tempting fate.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
After a painless switch from smoking to vaping (overnight - last smoke before bedtime; began vaping next morning; never looked back) I too smoked a "commitment cig" on my vapiversaries for a while. I remembered for a couple of years and didn't much care for the taste or the smell. Then about the 3rd or 4th year I forgot, and when I remembered again (mind you this pack of Pall Malls has been sitting in a drawer now for 5 years or so - getting pretty stale) I took one puff and tossed it. Nasty!

r77r7r: if you feel that trying a "commitment cig" would be a useful thing for you, I would do it some time when it was intentional, rather than in response to a "temptation". Fulfilling an urge seems like something that would tend to "rebuild" an addiction. Much better to do it with deliberation at some time when you are perfectly satisfied with vaping. (At least that's my opinion.)

OTOH, if you don't think it would be useful, or have any feeling that it would aggravate your former addiction, don't do it.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Are we planning a party today? I hit my 6 years smoke free day today and I am pretty sure Mike did too. Seems like we also have a couple more, Semi maybe? and since it seems sometimers has come on me I can't remember who else. :D

Congratulations to us all :wub:
Congratulations on the 6-year mark.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I tried the smallest MTL adapter with the smallest setting on my authentic KF V5 and it doesn't seem tight at all. I tightened everything down no coil or wick or juice but I don't see that would make any difference the JF was shut off. Any ideas???
What I want is like the #2 hole on the Nautilus #1 being the smallest.

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
While now I'm vaping I tell myself I really never 'quit' smoking, it's just different. This way I have permission to either vape or smoke whenever I feel like it, I just haven't lit up in almost 4 years. I tell myself one of these days I might smoke one to remind myself like I eat at McDonald's occasionally to remind myself how nasty it is. Same with drinking. I drank hardcore when I was younger and had to stop that nonsense. I never really 'quit' drinking. I put a buzz on every few years or so and wake up feeling like crap and say 'oh yeah', been doing that for about 30 years now. Just the way my hard-wiring works I guess, That forbidden barrier isn't there so I don't worry about it.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
@bigbells Hey I discovered something on the SX G I didn't know before. If you turn the display completely off then lock the device the clock stays on in a dim version and doesn't shut down so you have a constant clock. Then when you unlock you can turn the brightness up to 2 again.
I tried but I must not be holding my mouth right. The clock turns off after about a minute.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey any of you guys tried the Digiflavor Siren 2. Busardo just came out with an atty also and it isn't even out yet, Innokin Ares. His is more expensive and not available yet. The reason I'm asking is the K5 with the smallest MTL adapter and the smallest setting is not really tight enough and Busardo reviewed this one and it is supposed to work almost as well as the Kayfun Prime. Kind of funny Demetri and Busardo developed this other new atty and this one is nearly exactly the same a couple of very small changes but too close. They are going to have to come down on their price. The Siren is $23 and 15% off of that starting the 20th. I saw his at $40 but that is not for sure they are guessing won't be out till the 27th the Siren 2 is already available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread