Status
Not open for further replies.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
What I don't understand there is never anything said about alcohol, tobacco or firearms. Nothing how many are those killing. I'm sure it is way more then ecigs or opioids taken as directed. But you never hear anything about that.

Yeah. I used to have a prescription of an opioid for break through pain. But now it can't be refilled, so I would have to go see my doctor (~70 miles each way) to get a new 1 month paper Rx and then pick it up in person @ the pharmacy (I'm pretty limited at climbing out then back in the van, so that would be another trip to get to my 'local' pharmacy (~30 miles one way) to pick the Rx up, or, if they aren't busy, the pharmacist will come out to the van. Really stupid law for a big state without many people.

'll be 6 the day after amoret, and haven't given it a thought. Been prepping for several years, mods, tanks, nic...

I am coming up to 6 years in December. I stopped shopping a while ago because I have plenty of mods I like, tanks I like and I DIY. Only thing I have purchased for almost 2 years is flavors....

I do like to celebrate each year since it was/is a big deal after close to 45 years of smoking, but after completely restocking the hardware this year I haven't come up with any good ideas.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Yeah. I used to have a prescription of an opioid for break through pain. But now it can't be refilled, so I would have to go see my doctor (~70 miles each way) to get a new 1 month paper Rx and then pick it up in person @ the pharmacy (I'm pretty limited at climbing out then back in the van, so that would be another trip to get to my 'local' pharmacy (~30 miles one way) to pick the Rx up, or, if they aren't busy, the pharmacist will come out to the van. Really stupid law for a big state without many people.

Something like that was happening soon after I came to America, so it must have been early 90's, in several States south of me. They didn't pass a law then, the politicians just started talking about charging doctors with murder or drug dealing if anyone died from too many pills. Scared them into submission and they cut right back on prescribing. There was a lot of discussion on the TV about how people with long term untreatable pain couldn't get relief. Smug politicians came on and said pain was always treatable. I don't remember what happened with that. Guess it just faded away.

The bottom line was that pols wanted to look like they were doing something. It was too hard to figure out how to make sure only the right people got the pills, so they used a hammer. They were willing to sacrifice the people who really needed them in order to stop the misuse. A bit like the attitude they are taking now to vaping. They admit vaping helps some adults quit, but keeping it away from the kids is more important.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It's about 7 years for me (since late September, 2011). Been thankful every day since then. I still buy some mods or tanks occasionally, and seem to have roughly a bushel-basket's worth of vaping-related items.

LOL - I just had a look at my early purchases (I keep old emails forever). In my first three months of vaping, I bought:

22 stick batteries
10 stick chargers
10 8 mg cartos
15 12 mg cartos
75 18 mg cartos
145 24 mg cartos
265 36 mg cartos
100 refillable empty cartos (I finally get somewhat wise).

It took me another year or two to discover that there was something better than stick batteries and cartos, by which time I had accumulated over 100 of those sticks, a dozen or so chargers, and a large box full of cartos. I finally tossed the lot a year or so ago.

It's a laugh looking back like that. I kept a dairy on the computer from about a month before I hit my last cig. There was an entry from when I retired the Egos and got my first Pro Tank and Spinner. I was all happy because now I wouldn't have to buy any more hardware.

Read through it once and there were so many entries with comments along the lines of - now I won't be buying any more stuff. It never stuck for long. At least until last year when I actually did stop buying more stuff.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... and I don't want underwear again.

Aha, 'commando' vaping!
thumbsup.gif

And here she is $340 worth of vape gear.

eek.gif

Attachments

• eek.gif
    eek.gif
    3 KB · Views: 7

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
It's about 7 years for me (since late September, 2011). Been thankful every day since then. I still buy some mods or tanks occasionally, and seem to have roughly a bushel-basket's worth of vaping-related items.

LOL - I just had a look at my early purchases (I keep old emails forever). In my first three months of vaping, I bought:

22 stick batteries
10 stick chargers
10 8 mg cartos
15 12 mg cartos
75 18 mg cartos
145 24 mg cartos
265 36 mg cartos

It took me another year or two to discover that there was something better than stick batteries and cartos, by which time I had accumulated over 100 of those sticks, a dozen or so chargers, and a large box full of cartos. I finally tossed the lot a year or so ago.

We share a start date. Janet & I got our 1st stick batts in Sep. 2011. The ‘internet’ confused us about wether 510 or 808 bats were better than the other. Or whether an atty/carto or cartomizer was ‘better’. So Janet started with 808 & cartimizers and I started with the other options. I only got to 10 batts & a 10 batt charger, then moved to eGo batts and by December had my 1st Provari. I was a dual user for a couple months. Janet had her last cig the day her 808’s arrived. My son always wanted me to quit smoking. I was able to tell him on his birthday, Nov. 14, I hadn’t had a cig in 24 hrs and I don’t plan on smoking again ... and I haven’t. He said it was the best birthday gift I could give him.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

22 stick batteries
10 stick chargers
10 8 mg cartos
15 12 mg cartos
75 18 mg cartos
145 24 mg cartos
265 36 mg cartos

I had both little 510 batteries and eGo batteries pretty much from the beginning. I didn't want to take the eGo batteries out in public because they were so big (or so I thought back then). And, the 510 batteries were prettier and cuter.

I haven't tossed any of mine. They're still cute and fun to play with occasionally.
Yep I am coming up on 10 but when I started I was doing both it was so hard to get a decent vape back then. Some really primitive equipment which would only work half the time so I supplemented. I think I started on the ground floor of vaping and it didn't catch on real fast in those days. Can you guess why?
Wow! 10 years! You really ARE an old-timer. How long did it take to "take"? How long since your last cigarette?
Can you have him call it in before you leave his office so you can pick it up on your way home? Maybe even call it in to a pharmacy that has a drive-thru?
amoret said:
I do like to celebrate each year since it was/is a big deal after close to 45 years of smoking, but after completely restocking the hardware this year I haven't come up with any good ideas.
Your vapeversary present doesn't necessarily have to be vape related. A new purse? New electronics? Any thing you want!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Wow! 10 years! You really ARE an old-timer. How long did it take to "take"? How long since your last cigarette?
Well when I finally talked Ginny into quitting after she ran out, about 6 months ago I decided I would help her get rid of her stash. I started smoking for about a month, I was up to 10 a day when she ran out and went back to vaping no problem.

But when I first started it took at least a year before I was satisfied with the vape I was getting. I think it was with a Provape that little one they used to sell before they had VV and a carto tank.

I honestly don't remember what I was using but it did ok. I used to get 36mg juice from some place in Texas. I remember trying to use tea bags for wick and the fish filter for a while.

Janet got started DIYing my own juice she sent me 2 100ml bottles with the PG VG mix in it can't remember where I got the flavoring or the nic. After she did that for me I never went back to store bought. I started coming here in late 08 or 09 and thats when my learning about equipment started.

I don't remember when she did that but I was forever grateful. She's a hell of a nice gal. Then at some point I started talking to Mike about TC when It was just coming in and trying to wrap coils with nickel on a screw. Things have advanced so much.

I got on the list for one of the first Provaris that was when I thought they weren't really great for one main reason, they made them so they wouldn't fire below 2ohms I think it was. Then when they decided that wasn't low enough I sent it in for the new board that would fire down to 1ohm and charged $20 for the fix which actually was fine because my screen had become loose and it needed fixed any hoo. I still have that one and still works to this day.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey I got vape mail coming today. 2 new concentrates which are a shot in the dark, Banana like Pudding, and Strawberry Yogurt. Also 2 new premade ones at their highest nic of 9mg one is called Not from Concentrate which is supposed to be like a Creamsicle and Hybrid Reserve which is supposed to be their 2 custards with a 90 day steep already done. All from Adore eliquid. I figured since I've tried about 8-9 flavors from them and there has only been one which I didn't like which was the Strawberry Lemonade I'd take a chance. The Banana won awards in 2016 so figgered that would more then likely be good. And the other 3 I've never tried. Their stuff is recommended for like 18% but that is with all VG since I use about 75/25 the higher number being VG I get by with 15% so I get 200ml out of 1 bottle and its $16.95. Not cheap but I've had really good luck with their stuff. Plus I still have a full 30ml of Goose Juice, Garys favorite brand but he likes some of the other flavors which I wasn't impressed with but the Goose Juice I really likes so might make some of that. Thats another 20%er but I use a little less since not using straight VG.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey I rebuilt one of my Tobecco K5s Working perfect am going to do another. When I get around to mailing you may get my 2 Primes with all the parts for small or extended but probably will include at least 2 of the K5's since I have 3 more that I haven't even used.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hey I got vape mail coming today. 2 new concentrates which are a shot in the dark, Banana like Pudding, and Strawberry Yogurt. Also 2 new premade ones at their highest nic of 9mg one is called Not from Concentrate which is supposed to be like a Creamsicle and Hybrid Reserve which is supposed to be their 2 custards with a 90 day steep already done. All from Adore eliquid. I figured since I've tried about 8-9 flavors from them and there has only been one which I didn't like which was the Strawberry Lemonade I'd take a chance. The Banana won awards in 2016 so figgered that would more then likely be good. And the other 3 I've never tried. Their stuff is recommended for like 18% but that is with all VG since I use about 75/25 the higher number being VG I get by with 15% so I get 200ml out of 1 bottle and its $16.95. Not cheap but I've had really good luck with their stuff. Plus I still have a full 30ml of Goose Juice, Garys favorite brand but he likes some of the other flavors which I wasn't impressed with but the Goose Juice I really likes so might make some of that. Thats another 20%er but I use a little less since not using straight VG.

Let us know what you think about the Creamsicle ... I gave up looking for a good one.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Let us know what you think about the Creamsicle ... I gave up looking for a good one.
Well it is a nice orange but I don't get cremesicle out of it. Glad I tried it before getting the concentrate. It's ok but not an ADV for me. The Custard and the Peach Colada I like a lot. It's probably lacking Diacetyl.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
@MikeE3
A re review. This orange is really starting to taste good. It may have been that it was a fresh atty with a new coil and cotton. I'm really starting to like it now. Gotten almost 1 tank thru and it tastes better and better.
Steeping?

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@MikeE3
A re review. This orange is really starting to taste good. It may have been that it was a fresh atty with a new coil and cotton. I'm really starting to like it now. Gotten almost 1 tank thru and it tastes better and better.

Ok, I'll try to remember to ask you again in a couple-few days to see if you're still liking it.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Steeping?

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
This was a premad one so it has been steeped. I wanted to try it before I got the concentrate. I like it so will probably try the concentrate. I seem to like their flavors pretty well only the one I haven't.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Can you have him call it in before you leave his office so you can pick it up on your way home? Maybe even call it in to a pharmacy that has a drive-thru?
They made it so you have to have a paper one each month.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
They made it so you have to have a paper one each month.
Which is totally unreasonable if you have to drive 100 miles to get it, especially considering that if you need it then driving 100 is a major hardship (if even possible).

But, if she is going to drive however far, at least make it a one trip deal! Stop by a drive thru pharmacy on the way home. Preferably calling pharmacies ahead to make sure she picks one that has the prescribed drug in stock and has a guaranteed turnaround time so she won't have to sit in the parking lot for hours waiting.

I absolutely do not understand these insane laws! They are definitely unconstitutional! And immoral!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread