Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Just so you know...

I frequently brag about how long my atomizers last with unflavored e-juice. It is possible to take this a bit too far.

5_Sy42_VNCQ5_ONq_Pg_Dmz6_Umw.jpg

Aspire nautilus BVC 1.8Ω coil

This one was getting just a bit difficult on the draw. OTOH it lasted nearly a year.
Ugh!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Diver9543

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh another review on the Adore E liquid called "Not from Concentrate". I actually don't care for it. It is a fairly strong Orange flavor but I don't get the Creamsicle part just Orange. Wouldn't buy the concentrate myself. I am waiting for my "Addys Yogurt" which is supposed to be a Strawberry Yogurt with a Vanilla back. And the other one I think it's called "Banana Bondage" which is supposed to be a Banana Pudding. Have 200ml steeping now. All from Adore E Liquid.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Couple days ago I bought the Lost Vape Mirage DNA75C. Just because I hadn't a colour DNA yet.
Used it for one day, then I retired it... It is too tall, stupidly tall, unnecessarily tall. Simply, it doesn't need to be so tall, but it is. I put lot of effort finding appropriate devices aesthetically, but I didn't check its size before buying, as I hadn't reason for it really. But it is not for me. And I regret it, as it uses a great board...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Depends on how hard you push them. But new one's can't hurt :)
These are all LG HG2 18650. I run them at about 12 - 14 watts depending on coil & flavor. I keep an eye on the charge & change them at about a half charge left, which takes several days since I'm nowhere near chain vaping anymore. Some aren't holding a charge as long any more. One set only lasts about day, so I stopped using those.

Where does everyone recycle batts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I am so glad that I was gifted with some glass for my Kayfun V5. I have again had the dropsies and had to replace the glass again! Sometimes it sucks to be me. I'm glad and blessed to have friends like ya'll.
Have you got plenty Jerry. I got 10 from fast tech only used one so far. I bought a set of really wide, not sure what they are called, but they are like a band that goes around tank. Has helped a lot.
FSF6znAQOoWwoLXpzoZkFJWlvnFeE-6mj2c8Ftd7oZQwx_WXFRj1N-CqW5ZRmb52S73I4aA_y_EL8ZRPuhF6eB4pyNf0gAUonbQ5ljNmS3eLWTPrzDoW3fPrhrhrMJdVzsKx_wWOAjYMsgqYSH-uJ-vk13PfVAZtJCzRDeV6Y9Z068vYY_hjyws0GeNiioLBrNqpiww-2iUMLYiwEmJt5ifh75KA96VmkFHbiusp2datJcuB7BKBwL4b6413v6Kbc6SzxR8mRY7wRPIQP3QJduml6S3iMsLWDEzMGGQSvXxrQOPYWki0OS6bSRUQMTnP8kroG3B32el3zqAkahf84jHTfOzS5MriWC36iM_fQX5Q7kVBBurOfUKq0BT3aJUQ8pGjWGwy0tGUHWV7IJZwld5VqdzExGRu1IJGLeoODJhYnOPao8pCXovdIs5fFBFYDWDy1UsjlqaJWI0WXjBQBdUTZYNWbFWTMjWGwKXoMbrbsEnQIT-0Oyi0aphrFaG4umnWMJqf1ECSIasoFPg5epZs1aN-o1wgsHXWbBZ-qrl8PO1ydJctCvmgKqf0G8ZCAUpW6BNNA1W9vGJk4XTOp-GO7xDwqBklODQcqyALa4gQN2e9GWozm0ukSJN-3TNT=w598-h797-no

They have them and I think they are less then $1 each thats the glass. It's not the quartz whatever it is but work just fine, I broke the fancy one that comes on the authentic.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Home Depot? Just wrap any kind of tape around them, covering both ends so there's no chance of them shorting out and going boom!
Thanks for the info. I prefer Home Depot when I shop big box home repair stores. All I have to do is show my retired military ID and I get a 10% discount. I also think the customer service is far superior. My daughter working there for a couple years may, just a little, have influenced my feelings. ;)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
There are actually a lot of places that will recycle them. I think Best Buy will, likely Lowe's, Office Depot and other places that sell electronics.

DO tape them up! Heck, I do that with dead alkalines, which also (for me) go to the Depot.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Couple days ago I bought the Lost Vape Mirage DNA75C. Just because I hadn't a colour DNA yet.
Used it for one day, then I retired it... It is too tall, stupidly tall, unnecessarily tall. Simply, it doesn't need to be so tall, but it is. I put lot of effort finding appropriate devices aesthetically, but I didn't check its size before buying, as I hadn't reason for it really. But it is not for me. And I regret it, as it uses a great board...
I am seriously thinking of getting 2 of the DNA 75 C Paranormal. I have a Therion with the old 75 board and love it now that it is worn in enough to not tear my batteries up. The Paranormal takes care of that problem with a battery door on the bottom because I watched an in depth review from DJLSB and Daniel said the new Therions still have the problem. The Paranormal alleviates the problem with the door otherwise the same mod and love the way it looks. There is only one place that has them so far Element Vape and they are limited with the colors but it is beautiful. I also love the idea of running 2 18650s in parallel battery life is great. My old one still works great and I have decided I like the DNA TC better then the YiHi. Seems to be very accurate and Daniel gives you a couple things to change in escribe to make them more so. The 75 gives me plenty of power, I never go much over 40w and they are supposedly given the preheat function also. There are a lot of things possible on escribe and it is fun to play with. I guess Lost Vapes asked him to make a theme that was better then the stock one and they are using it on the Paranormal. They ae new which is why only one place I have found that stock them at present.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh reasoning to get new mods are my SX ml's are seeming to go TU one by one. I tossed one and now have another that is screwing up so only one left. 3 years of daily use guess you can't expect any more. Although I haven't had a DNA do it yet. I do like the accuracy of both in TC but liking Evolves a little better. Plus they cost less which I think YiHi is charging too much these days and before actually.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Oh reasoning to get new mods are my SX ml's are seeming to go TU one by one. I tossed one and now have another that is screwing up so only one left. 3 years of daily use guess you can't expect any more. Although I haven't had a DNA do it yet. I do like the accuracy of both in TC but liking Evolves a little better. Plus they cost less which I think YiHi is charging too much these days and before actually.

Oh that's too bad 'legs' ... you were really enthused by those SX's. What can I say all our Provari's are working like the day we got them years ago. But then i never did get into the TC vaping ... a 2.5mm, 1.6Ω 29g Kanthal coil & a rayon wick at 10 watts satisfies me just fine.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I'm not sure if it is just me but this cremesicle flavor is tasting better. Mybe it wasn't mixed up good cause they send it in something called a torpedo tank and its 80/20 VG dominant so really hard to get it shaken up when you first get it. Also the other 2 flavors which really hadn't been steeped enough, but I gave them a try anyway. The banana was a little heavy on the banana and the strawberry yogurt didn't exactly taste like strawberry but the 2 mixed together was pretty good. That was only a 10 day steep so will try them at 21 days and see if they get better. The orange one really has me baffled. I hate those torpedo bottles, no room to shake them when new.

The only colors of the paranormal they have are red leather and red raptor with silver finish metal and red ostrich with gunmetal finish.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I like the theme preloaded on the Mirage, specially the colour selection, anybody recall the DOS PcTools 2.0? But Daniel has something against tenths of Watt, which are necessary IMO for when I vape below 10 Watt.
Also, Watt is an unit of measure, and as such, they have no plural.
Anyway, the Mirage has a problem with the battery door, it opens by itself sometime. And, as I had the Mirage hitting the floor from trouser pocket, the door shattered in three parts, luckily fixed on the spot.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh that's too bad 'legs' ... you were really enthused by those SX's. What can I say all our Provari's are working like the day we got them years ago. But then i never did get into the TC vaping ... a 2.5mm, 1.6Ω 29g Kanthal coil & a rayon wick at 10 watts satisfies me just fine.
Well at the time I was because at that time the SX seemed to do a better job but since the Evolve has really come around with their settings for the different wires and the seem to hold the temp much better, plus if the resistance changes a little the DNA senses that and readjusts plus the 75 which is more then enough power for me and the use of 2 batteries in parallel really extends your battery life, I get 2 or 3 days on a set which is great, that along with the V5's with about a .6ohm coil seems to not gunk up near as bad as when I was using less wraps. I am really happy with the old one I have and the new should be better. You don't have to go to escribe that much and they are about $60 cheaper and look better besides. I really like the Lost Vapes Paranormal which is just the Therion with a battery door instead of having to fight that back battery in an out and tearing your wrap. You can run them with just 1 battery if you wanted to but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread