Mar 15, 2014
Australia

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I did the update for my GeekVape Aegis 100W... pretty easy. The hard part, as I said before, was finding the right bit to remove the two screws that secure the waterproof cover over the mini-USB port. I need my magnifying glasses to find my magnifying glasses. Without them, I couldn't tell whether the screw head was square drive, hex drive, Torx, star or what. Thanks, @pwmeek, for naming what size and type head those screws are. Anyway, the update, besides fixing the mod's ability to read the resistance of changed atomizers, also changed the Fahrenheit TC increments to 5, which is better than the 10 that was previously programmed.

When simplicity of use is the main objective, I'm kind of partial to these 4 ml capacity tanks, due to the fact that the airflow intake is at the top rather than in the base. Because of this, they're just about leak-proof, and they fill from the top as well. SMOK TFV8 X-Baby Sub Ohm Tank

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks. That looks great. Added to my wishlist :)

I have several in rotation, along with a mess of KF2s :)

DO lube all o-rings before assembly (the juice bottle in your hand is fine ;) ), both ends where the glass goes, and inside the top (2) and DO shut off the juice flow when filling. Once full and closed back up, invert while opening the juice flow. Only time I've had one leak was from not doing that last part. :facepalm:

And DO insert one of the flow restrictors before building... unless you're hardcore DTL :) The odd looking steel post, in at least one of the pics at FT, is for removing the restrictor.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thanks. Only 510 atties in this house are squonking rda. I have 4. So she will need a tank. An Aussie mate offered a vika fantasy, which is the coils she's used to.

One of Mum's strokes effected her dominant arm, but thanks for positive words. She can't take the mouthpiece off breezes, but can refill them OK.

Mum started smoking at 9 years old. Her younger brother got her started, who must have taken it up by the time he was 7

I've hand to learn to use my left hand more. Not easy because I am very right handed. Hope you can find something for her!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey all you TC guys There is a new mod that should be coming to the American sites, right now it's only available in China or at least thats the only place I could find on Vapecrawler. I think it is going to be a hot seller. I have watched 2 reviews on it Busardo and DJLSB vapes and both loved it.

It is the HCigar VT75D. It is a 2 battery 18650 DNA75C mod. It looks to be a really nice design making it a nice fit in your hand. The only thing negative I've heard about it is if you are using a fat 18650 they will be a really tight squeeze. There are a couple of changes you need to make on the Manufacturers setting which Daniel and Phil explain I think, Daniel does for sure and he also has a really nice theme to use instead of the default one from Evolve. Just go into Escribe and make the changes and download the theme and install it. I've noticed the Lost Vapes Paranormal DNA75 shows discontinued at FT. Not the whole model but the DNA75, still available in the other sizes. The HCigar only comes in 2 colors at present Silver unpainted SS and Black. I really like the dual battery in parallel DNA75's. Great battery life. Take a look at the reviews but I'll bet it will sell out fast when it comes to America. Really nice design making it not nearly as big as the other dual battery 75s.

Also I heard that when you download the latest Escribe get the international version because it gives you preheat on TC not just on Power like the American version. Like I said don't know if that's true because I DL the international version. But for DNA fans I think this is going to be hot. HCigar sends it out with the default settings from Evolve on everything as usual.

I'd consider ordering one from FT but have never gotten anything from them that is that expensive plus would rather get it from a reputable American site. It has a 6 month guarantee.

Also the price at FT is $82 so we'll have to wait and see what it is when it gets here. I'm guessing $100+ but you never know.

I have heard the cheapest place to get it is Factory Direct. Cheaper then FT. Haven't found the site yet.

Last edited:

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
First post on this thread. Been waiting til I was old enough. Now that I'm 81 I think I maybe qualify. Been using reo mods with small attys for a number of years now.
Going thru my junk I came across a Sigelei zmax V3 and a EHPRO KAYFUN LITE +.
Built a little 1.6 ohm single coil and put some Cotton Bacon in it and wow. Surprise, surprise how well it vaped and tasted. Going back to the old days can be fun. Just saying!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
First post on this thread. Been waiting til I was old enough. Now that I'm 81 I think I maybe qualify. Been using reo mods with small attys for a number of years now.
Built a little 1.6 ohm single coil and put some Cotton Bacon in it and wow. Surprise, surprise how well it vaped and tasted. Going back to the old days can be fun. Just saying!

Well ... gosh, darn, dang ... welcome to the Front Porch. Glad to have you join the gang. Oh, and perhaps take a wonder over to our Back Porch thread too.

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Hi and good to meet you! Glad you've joined us!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yes I agree even tho I am using the newer Kayfun V5 by Tobecco.. So the old KF was good. they are and always have been a great one all along. Sheesh 81 thats purdy young for some of these old farts. LOL Cool just got some store bought juice cause I just haven't felt like making it lately. One of my favorites from Adore, Hybrid Reserve it's both of their Custard together with a 90 day steep. Pretty good stuff, kinda thicker then I make with 80 VG but really good.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Welcome to The Porches! I still have a drawerful of KFL+v2's sitting in a drawer. Brand new, too. I've moved on to v5's. I love my Reo & O16.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Thanks. Only 510 atties in this house are squonking rda. I have 4. So she will need a tank. An Aussie mate offered a vika fantasy, which is the coils she's used to.

One of Mum's strokes effected her dominant arm, but thanks for positive words. She can't take the mouthpiece off breezes, but can refill them OK.

Mum started smoking at 9 years old. Her younger brother got her started, who must have taken it up by the time he was 7
Maybe consider the wismec P80... it’s very light and has a fire bar, not a button. I have tendon/ joint issues and arthritis in my left thumb, and I find it easy to use even during a flareup. For a tank, I’d suggest the innokin zenith with either of the original coils. They last for weeks. I use them when I can’t build my rtas

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First post on this thread. Been waiting til I was old enough. Now that I'm 81 I think I maybe qualify.
Hello and welcome to the front porch. Glad you decided to stop in and introduce yourself.
Ah yes, back when more doctors smoked (fill in).

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Heck, KF2s are my daily drivers, although rayon wicks. Hard to beat, for my tastes :)

Welcome!

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

Its fun to step back once in a while to appreciate the gear of today vs the gear of yesterday. Good ol kayfun is a great retro atty just like the protanks. Once in a while blow the dust off to remember the tight airflow dayz.
I have a couple of old Sigelei Zmax's (bought in a EFC coop in 2013) so no idea the version, one has a wonky fire button that misfired regularly and the other NIB. Pulled the wonky button one out and with nothing to loose took it apart to find that Sigelei used a flat fire button on a curved tube that caused it to misfire along with menu popping up randomly...big hassle having the button move around so much not always making contact. Tightened up the button with a couple dots of electrical tape and they have been flawless since.
But I will say that wicking a kayfun with rayon is amazing compared to the hemp fiber I was using before. The protank on the other hand the rayon really didn't work as well as in other attys and never figured out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread