Not open for further replies.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
Jussie smollete.
???????? How's everybody on the porch. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. I guess I was just thinking aloud I hope everybody is good. Can somebody tell me what's going on. With this case
I think that would be a discussion for the Back Porch.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I have a question for Coppervape Skyline users (@MikeE3 and @DavidOck). I have one that was working fine. Close juice control, remove ring, fill, reinstall ring, open juice flow. Fine. Today I went to fill it and the juice flow control won't budge. Made a royal mess. I am not home (home tomorrow), but any ideas? I plan to fully disassemble and clean (hasn't seen more than a tank or two of usage). Mike, wasn't this the problem with one you had? It arrived in that condition?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - pretty sure this won't be it, but I've been in a tangle once or twice when I didn't seat the drip-tip/top cap back on just right - I screwed the collar back on (or so I thought) and had a heck of a time trying to reopen the jfc. For me, it can take what seems like an age to get that thing sitting properly.

Hope you fix it!

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Try loosening the collar just a little bit- maybe 1/4 turn or less- and push down on the drip tip/juice control unit as you turn it. I turn it either way... which ever way it will go. Once you get it to move, it should be OK.

I’ve also found a wide rubber band helps gripping the juice control knob. Sometimes there’s just a smidge of juice on it or my finger and it will slip on my fingers without additional grip from the rubber band.

Edit: be sure and lube the inside o ring on the juice control with a drop of juice. It can make a world of difference in how that thing turns.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I have a question for Coppervape Skyline users (@MikeE3 and @DavidOck). I have one that was working fine. Close juice control, remove ring, fill, reinstall ring, open juice flow. Fine. Today I went to fill it and the juice flow control won't budge. Made a royal mess. I am not home (home tomorrow), but any ideas? I plan to fully disassemble and clean (hasn't seen more than a tank or two of usage). Mike, wasn't this the problem with one you had? It arrived in that condition?

All the above, adding that once the cap seats, run the ring gently down to make sure it's flush.

Might also have closed the JF a tad too snugly when getting ready to refill. Rubber band or similar grip aid can be helpful with that.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
All this talk about Skyline and Kayfun has gotten me thinking for sure, started vaping a few months back after dumping my pipes, using sub-ohm gear and all seemed pretty good...just got to give this MTL low watts things a go. Have a Kayfun coming and should get a Innokin Zenith in a few days, my current vape is squonking a Profile at 45watts.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

The problem I had with one of my first ones; was that the top ring itself would not screw off. It would move maybe a silly-millimeter or two in either direction, then jam tight. I agree with someone else's comment, take the top ring off and make sure the drip tip assembly is seated properly and/or if the JFC assembly will even turn w/ the ring completely removed. Then put the ring back on but don't tighten it completely and try turning the JFC again. It's important to make sure that top ring goes on smoothly and isn't the slightest bit 'cocked' which can jam up the JFC from turning,

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
All this talk about Skyline and Kayfun has gotten me thinking for sure, started vaping a few months back after dumping my pipes, using sub-ohm gear and all seemed pretty good...just got to give this MTL low watts things a go. Have a Kayfun coming and should get a Innokin Zenith in a few days, my current vape is squonking a Profile at 45watts.

Welcome, @Coolsiggy .

Lots of mtl tootlepuffers here. For me it more closely replicates the smoking experience, which never produces huge clouds. And pipe smokers don't, either, except when stoking the fire :) (Still have all my briars and meerschaums, boxed up.)

Different strokes, of course, but worth a try :thumb: since finding the right combo for one's self is key to staying an ex smoker!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks everyone! I have some good ideas to check tonight.

Take the top ring off and look at how the juice control fits into place (with the ring off). If it jams when you put in all together at least you'll know how it's supposed to fit together. I put the drip tip/adjustment part in place first and then the ring over that until I got used to how it all fits together.

It's possible to put it together with the JFC part not locked into the atomizer juice flow adjustment ring. It kind of fits, but won't turn properly. There's a little hex shape in the atomizer JFC that has to fit into the matching hex in the removable part. Once you see it you'll know how to tell when it's seated.

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to the Front Porch. Here we keep our conversations vape related. Well, we try to anyway. There is also a Back Porch in the Lounge area that is reserved for almost anything not vape related.

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

There are some Kayfun users here on the porches, me included. I do a 2.5mm twisted SS at about 7 wraps for a .6Ω coil that I vape at 20 watts. For ejuice, I use unflavored 5 mg/ml 60PG/40VG. There are a lot of us that also DIY our ejuice if you decide to add that to your vaping experience. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
When I first got my Skyline, I over tightened (closed) the JFC to the point it was not going to move, period. I finally got it open by removing the ring and drip tip/JFC knob and using a small crescent wrench to turn the stem of the JFC to the open position. Like DaveP says, it is hex shaped- though hardly noticeable without really looking- and a crescent wrench fit well without boogering anything up. It turned easily enough with the wrench, didn't have to force anything.

I think the knob part of the JFC could have been designed a bit better for gripping with fingers.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Thanks everyone! I fixed it! Yep, the juice flow control was stuck - I took it all apart, including the bottom/coil section and glass tank. With a pliers I carefully jiggled the juice flow thingy (technical term). It came loose! Reassembled everything very carefully and all working again!

I just knew with everyone's help I would fix it. Thank you ALL!!!!! You are the BEST!!!!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello all, I wanted to take a minute to say, “Thank you” to all of my friends on ECF. After around a year of duel vaping, I set a quit date of my 61st birthday to stop smoking. On February 25th, 2015 (my birthday), I had my last cigarette. I spent that day doing Google searches on vaping and very soon after found this forum. I spent my birthday reading the various post on ECF and discovered a group of friendly helpful people. The next day (2/26/15) I registered and became a member of ECF. Since then I have met many people who I am privileged to call friends. I have watched these friends celebrate life events, the birth of children, grandchildren, and fur babies. I have also shared my grief of the loss of family and shared in their grief of the loss of family and friends. ECF has now become a part of my life and also, more importantly, a part of my family. So thanks to all of you, it was with your help and love that I have been able to quit the use of cigarettes and was able to start a new and much healthier lifestyle.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... and a Happy Birthaversary and Vaporversary!

081e905124c1d5d477d7ce0462f36a67--snoopy-birthday-snoopy-party.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread