Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I gotta admit I really like this tiny mod. I hope it holds up. Got 4 more .5 ohm pods. It is really good, and I think the battery would easily hold up for a few hour trip from home. I just can't get over how tiny it is. No leaks and you have the perfect hit setting so every puff is tthe same as last. I was a little skeptical when I got it but so far so good. Not sure the longevity of the pods but it doesn't seem to use a lot of juice so a fill up lasts quite a while.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yes, she might be flooding it then.

Haven't had the cut o-ring issue, @Bolivar , but I have changed out the ones installed in the machined groove in a KF2L top. Cheap set of dental picks works well :)

Changed a few of those chimney tube o-rings in the kayfun over time. The quickest method I've found is to take off the top cap and push the o-ring into the slot from the side until the other side pops in. Once it's in I use a step mandrel or the chimney itself to push it around and settle it in.

I've found that little o-ring to be the culprit more than a few times when I couldn't pull and hold a vacuum on a Kayfun. After all, if you pull the chimney and replace it when you recoil, that o-ring takes a beating.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Still vaping on the Skyline since yesterday. I haven't gone running back to the Kayfun yet. I really like the top juice fill. Flavor is as good as the Kayfun and the Skyline is easy to refill on the go. I have a needle tip 10ml bottle in my vehicle and that works well for a quick top off.

The Coppervape Skyline is a keeper.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hmmm? I don't know if she is fully closing it or just closing it enough to close off the juice slot. Would it matter that much if she's not fully closing it ... "I wonders".

Edit: oops ... she just said she closes it until it doesn't turn any more. But she is opening it up more than the thickness you and DaveP mentioned. I'll have her not open it as much and see how it goes.

If you aren't seeing a small air bubble rising periodically after a vape or two the JFC probably needs to be open a little more. Like any of them, it's a trial and error setting. The setting depends on the wattage and the length of a vape. Fiddle till it works! I played with it until I didn't notice vapor fall off anymore. I guess mine is about 1/4 open for a 10W MTL vape, looking at the range of travel. It all depends on how hard you pull when you vape. A wide open DTL vape JFC setting might vary quite a bit from MTL mode.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
{ @Iffy } ... how the heck you been ... and how's the bride. Missing seeing you as often as you used to drop in.

Well, my bride has taken a noticeable dip in her energy level. Ergo, mo' and closer monitoring/nurturing. Hopefully my back can hold up to all da extra 'exercise'...

Just got my Orion dis PM. My, what a neat lil' PV. Gonna try it out after it's charged. Report later...

Thanx Patrick fer your evaluation!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well, my bride has taken a noticeable dip in her energy level. Ergo, mo' and closer monitoring/nurturing. Hopefully my back can hold up to all da extra 'exercise'...

Just got my Orion dis PM. My, what a neat lil' PV. Gonna try it out after it's charged. Report later...

Oh, that' not nice news to hear ... best wishes to you an the bride.

And please let us know how you take to the Orion as you get more vape time with it.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

As said, get help, wrecking yourself won't be any good.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

Yep no problem. I'm enjoying it. People don't recognize it as an ecig. It's the only one I have here now and the only problem I have is it is easy to misplace and not find for a while. I got 4 extra pods they are supposed to last 2 or 3 weeks. My first one is seeming to be just fine so far.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh, that' not nice news to hear ... best wishes to you an the bride.

And please let us know how you take to the Orion as you get more vape time with it.
I don't mind the battery life at all. Nice part is it only takes about 45 min to charge it. I think it would be fine for all day but the fast charging helps a lot. I've gone thru several tanks now which are a little over 2ml. I haven't even tried the .25 ohm which are supposedly for cloud vaping. The .5 works very nicely for me.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well here I lay at 0300 thinking about Ginny. She brought pizzas up for the staff tonight which they appreciated a lot. They really take good care of me here. This little mod is so easy to misplace in bed and not be able to find.
I see Iffy uses his wide open I use mine closed down quite a bit cause I don't want the extra clouds. I sure hope I can get out of here by Thursday at the latest. Shees I have Physical Therapy at 0750 and Occupational Therapy at 1155. I was hoping to get a nap after breakfast but don't see that happening.Ginny has 2 more radiation treatments today and tomorrow.
Our lives have sure changed in the last few months. I don't know why this had to happen to us. We were finally getting to enjoy our time together. Now I don't know how much more of that we'll have.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@Iffy I'm sorry to hear this too Iffy. Ginny made it thru her 10 doses of radiation to her brain but it has made a noticeable difference to her short term memory. She is trying to do so much for me I have to tell her to just lay down. I'm using th bed in the living room at night but I get right up in the morning and make sure she is in it. I'm fine in my recliner and better for the bed sores. She tries to do so much and even with me making her stop by 9pm she is so tired she is almost ready to fall.. She has to get another pet scan Which I dread. I'm so afraid they will find another spot. I hope so much that there isn't but still in the back of my mind the prognosis by supposedly the best cancer doc in town of 9 months to a year, it's been 8 months. Her hair started to grow bach and the radiation made it fall out really blotchy looks bad to others but I still see the love of my life. I try not to think about it, I hope she stays around for a long time like your bride. I pray for it all the time.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
@Iffy I'm sorry to hear this too Iffy.

Patrick, my brethren, my burdens are mere compared to you and your bride!

I just implore that you get the assistance that both of you require, ASAP. Hope and help is a major deterrence for despair. And that is truly a dark and dispiriting place!

Love, prayers and best hopes to you both!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I think my first pod is starting to wear out. I'm having to use the high setting but heck it's been 5 weeks so not bad at all. They cost $4 each and it is a tank with a .5ohm SS coil in it. The way this DNA board works is you don't have temp settings just low med and high and you have your perfect puff setting also. It's not as sophisticated as other DNA board but it doesn't need it. So when you change your pod you get an new tank and coil. I don't know how other pod systems work but I think this one is great, plus if you want to have different flavors with you, you just use a different pod. Easy Peasey. Definately a great way to have a good system with you when you go some where and from completely dead to full charge takes 45min. I am impressed with this little guy for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread