Status
Not open for further replies.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Just dropped in to say hello. I'm 59... and fine with that, just that I'm not fine with the idea of being 60 (I will lie and say "I'm 59" forever) ;)

I'm fine with my birthdays, but when my daughter turned 30, and then 40 and now is 47, that makes me feel really old.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
You and me both. I have several mods that do TC. I even have nickel and SS wire. Just never really enjoyed the vape from them so set the mods back for Kanthal and never looked back. Now I will be the first to admit my small hands limited me on what mods are comfortable. I have a strong preference for single battery mods as I am less likely to drop them. I have been told that good TC really requires at least a dual battery mod. I just can't hold on to them.

That's sorta my problem too. My hands are big, but I have serious spinal cord nerve damage so my left hand is pretty much useless and my right has some major problems. I found vaping when I had to quit smoking because I couldn't hold on to cigarettes any more - dropping lit cigarettes is a really immediate health issue. Of course3 months later we had a bad chimney fire.* I was lucky enough to find ECF before I actually bought anything and asked for and got good advice for what to start with for my wonky hands.

I recently started upgrading to the Wismec Reuleaux 75s for the squeeze fire button, then discovered the Wismec P80, same buttonless firing, but smaller and lighter - plastic instead of metal. So I ended up with a full set of each and I'm set for mods for as long as I'm likely to be around.

* So it's probably time for my occasional PSA - CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS. We were able to get out safely thanks to the alarms working - about the same time a family nearby didn't.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Fun and games with age verification.
After thawing my full liter of nicotine (again) I finally had to admit I can't handle it safely. So back it goes to the freezer for emergency use, and I'm paying extra for smaller bottles. Since I'm also still mad at My Freedom Smokes I figured I'd go upscale and placed an order for 2 - 500 ml bottles from Nude Nicotine September 4, no problems, got it right away.

Entering panic mode with all the knee jerk political news I decided to go back on the 15th and order 4 250 ml bottles, since I can make up a batch of my base without needing to measure, just use the whole 250 ml. I failed the same age verification I'd passed 2 weeks earlier. All I could figure was that I let my Driver's license expire this summer, figuring I'll just get an ID the next time I'm in Fargo and have time, and that just posted at their verification company*. I asked them about it and they were fairly snippy saying if I failed theirs I wouldn't be able to use a different supplier.

So today I went to Wizard Labs and verified just fine through their system.

* I've had a question for awhile regarding voter id requirements - why can't you use an expired ID? It's the same info and picture.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Temperature control has been working fine for me, but I can't make coils so I just buy the SS refills for my Crowns. All it needs to actually do is keep coil temps from overheating the liquid, and I've actually only done that to the point where it shuts off maybe twice.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
After thawing my full liter of nicotine (again) I finally had to admit I can't handle it safely. So back it goes to the freezer for emergency use, and I'm paying extra for smaller bottles. Since I'm also still mad at My Freedom Smokes I figured I'd go upscale and placed an order for 2 - 500 ml bottles from Nude Nicotine September 4, no problems, got it right away.

Entering panic mode with all the knee jerk political news I decided to go back on the 15th and order 4 250 ml bottles, since I can make up a batch of my base without needing to measure, just use the whole 250 ml. I failed the same age verification I'd passed 2 weeks earlier. All I could figure was that I let my Driver's license expire this summer, figuring I'll just get an ID the next time I'm in Fargo and have time, and that just posted at their verification company*. I asked them about it and they were fairly snippy saying if I failed theirs I wouldn't be able to use a different supplier.

Some companys my verification goes through just fine and some I have to jump through hoops. I have no idea what ran south to mama when it fails. Sometimes just trying the order later in the day it goes through. It could be as stupid as something was wonky in the internet between me and their verification center tossing it all off or even that they were just overloaded at that moment.

I will admit though that at my age I have been known to thank a cashier for carding me when I walk into a B & M. It is both a compliment to me and a dang good practice to keep vape goods and booze out of the hands of minors.

Heads up to anyone that goes to Disney. If your ID is expired you will NOT be served a drink. My husband discovered this the hard way. He was in his 50s at the time so OBVIOUSLY over 21.

[/QUOTE]

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

* I've had a question for awhile regarding voter id requirements - why can't you use an expired ID? It's the same info and picture.

Some companys my verification goes through just fine and some I have to jump through hoops. I have no idea what ran south to mama when it fails. Sometimes just trying the order later in the day it goes through. It could be as stupid as something was wonky in the internet between me and their verification center tossing it all off or even that they were just overloaded at that moment.

I will admit though that at my age I have been known to thank a cashier for carding me when I walk into a B & M. It is both a compliment to me and a dang good practice to keep vape goods and booze out of the hands of minors.

Heads up to anyone that goes to Disney. If your ID is expired you will NOT be served a drink. My husband discovered this the hard way. He was in his 50s at the time so OBVIOUSLY over 21.

I received an order from Nude Nicotine yesterday (Saturday) that was just a large stash of 1 liter VG bottles with a fourth as many of 1 liter PG bottles as well. Enough with what I already have on hand to see me to the end of my trail. Having been a regular customer of NN for many years, I was surprised when I couldn't log in to complete the order. Yes I do know the correct email and correct password for them to do so. Turns out that they didn't recognize my email addy so also not the password. I had apparently been dropped from their customer data base. So I had to order as a new customer and fill in all my info again. After following the bouncing balls, they wanted me to do the "not a robot thing" and an age verification. I did they "robot" and they immediately accepted my order with NO age verification at all.

So FWIW, having had glitches with this company when placing orders sometimes over the years my talking to Jake about fixing his system more than once has never been done 100%. I will say though that they have greatly improved their turnaround time from as long as several days to weeks to ship by getting this order that I placed late at night shipped the next day and to me a day and a half later via priority mail. Note that they are only 317 miles door to door to me though... and for a change the USPS had their act together. That later one is the real :shock:er.
;)

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Everyone raving about the Zenith coils (and the tank) Which specific coils are you all using?
Hey, this rocker is real comfy ;)
A lot of us are using the 1.6 ohm, but there a few who like the 0.8 because the ohms do increase with usage.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I am fully stocked with everything that I will ever need to continue vaping until my last day on terra firma. So my buying days for anything vaping related are over. So about the only vaping gear/methods/etc that I can relate to anymore is the endless ones that I used at one time or another.

With that in mind... in my continuing quest for gear that worked better for my uses, along with the Sigelei tube mods I acquired "The Don".... AKA a Megalodon from the UK. It is an interesting little torpedo mod that could be had with multiple tubes that allowed it to use several battery types that could deliver different voltages. So in a way a mech tube mod that could be used for variable voltage by changing the battery/tube configuration. The list of the batteries it could use included a 5V custom one, 3.7V 18650, 18350, 17670 and 14650; 3V or 3.7V 16340 and 3.7V CR123A. So depending on the configuration and type of a single battery or two batteries used you could power your builds at 3V, 3.7V, 5V, 6V or 8.4VDC. They made both a SS and aluminum version, and that made a huge difference in the weight of them for pocket carry. The bottom fire button can easily be locked on or off for safe pocket carry. In it's shortest config with the right atty, when in a man's hand it is virtually unnoticeable so could be stealth vaped. I mostly used mine for testing new DIY recipes I came up with using DL modified RDA's with low ohm builds. But I could also pop a tank on it for shirt pocket carry on short wee hours of the night errands away from home. It will also ride unnoticed in the coin pocket of Levis 501's (same as my Donkey will, but I don't have to stealth vape in this city).

Megalodon SS + Genesis v5 + Mini Me drip tip.jpg donvf.jpg

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Everyone raving about the Zenith coils (and the tank) Which specific coils are you all using?
Hi, @vaper1960! Welcome to The Porches!
Settle in & stay with us!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
`

Welcome to the Front Porch @vaper1960 ... I've only used the 1.6Ω coils and have been satisfied with them. Haven't tried the .8Ω ones. But then, 1.6-1.8Ω coils is my preferred range for my rebuildable tanks that's why I just went w/ the 1.6's.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

I'm using da 1.6 Ω coils; and luv 'em! TBH, haven't tried da .6s yet.

Re rockers, if it swivels or makes embarrassing emanations, don't know watcha talkin' 'bout!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Next up I wasted a hellofalotof money when I dove into the Provari 2.5 mods thing. Besides some standard PV's I also acquired a couple of prototypes (a 1 of 1 Coyote Military in an earlier tube, a 1 of 3 Stealth) and another limited edition Stealth Mini 2.5 that were very costly. All have extension caps and Loki Rings, all with multiple high end Euro (VapourArt, By Leo, Kir Fanis, etc) and custom made Phiniac tanks with Sophia flow control RTA's to drive them, drippers, Atmistique Hippo's, Tatroe bases/ext sleeves, their Pass-Thru system, Serenity holsters to carry them, endless other accessories and a Zapper V2 to make NR-R-NR ready wires for rebuilding the By Leo Sophia RTA's. In the end all still just MTL gear that that couldn't even fire sub ohm coils so didn't get it done for me. While I had an in at ProVape, I also had a falling out with them that immediately retired all of this gear in early 2014. The gear has been pretty much out of site out of mind ever since. I have a few old pictures of some of them. Also have pictures of some of their tanks, drippers, accessories and tools, but I think these 5 will suffice.
fab5.jpg PVpt-lim.jpg Pass-Thru-s.jpg PassThruKithome-2.jpg ProVariBloxPassThru-4.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Next up I wasted a hellofalotof money when I dove into the Provari 2.5 mods thing. Besides some standard PV's I also acquired a couple of prototypes (a 1 of 1 Coyote Military in an earlier tube, a 1 of 3 Stealth) and another limited edition Stealth Mini 2.5 that were very costly. All have extension caps and Loki Rings, all with multiple high end Euro (VapourArt, By Leo, Kir Fanis, etc) and custom made Phiniac tanks with Sophia flow control RTA's to drive them, drippers, Atmistique Hippo's, Tatroe bases/ext sleeves, their Pass-Thru system, Serenity holsters to carry them, endless other accessories and a Zapper V2 to make NR-R-NR ready wires for rebuilding the By Leo Sophia RTA's. In the end all still just MTL gear that that couldn't even fire sub ohm coils so didn't get it done for me. While I had an in at ProVape, I also had a falling out with them that immediately retired all of this gear in early 2014. The gear has been pretty much out of site out of mind ever since. I have a few old pictures of some of them. Also have pictures of some of their tanks, drippers, accessories and tools, but I think these 5 will suffice.
View attachment 840391 View attachment 840393 View attachment 840395 View attachment 840397 View attachment 840399

Indeed! That is a rare and unique collection. Nice! We've got a stash of Provari's also that haven't been used in quite some time. They were our all day vape 'in their day' but gear changed as times changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread