Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
hmmm? I'm not a fan of Smoktech products but let's try to figure this out. Did you try putting a pre-built coil back into the tank. The try that on the mod to see if it worked. Just wondering if your coil shorted out and perhaps the mod is still working.

That's a fairly advanced type of coil. Do you have the materials and ability to make your own simple coils and try that?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Dang. My main unit crapped out on me.

My unit was a smok mag 225 with a prince v12 tank.

Drop me a PM with your physical address/info and I'll send ya a new iStick Pico (replaceable 18650 batt) and an original Nautilus topper with two packs of Aspire BVC coils. Maybe not your cup of tea, but dat combo sure has met my needs in da past fer quite a while. Still vaping a variation of dat same package.

That should get ya back on Vaper Boulevard... future coils are in your lane!

As much as I wanted to $ave monie$ on rebuildable coilS, it all just wasn't worth da effort fer moi...

Seriously, heed everyone's warnings/cautions re vaping equipment/supplies. Kinda thankful dat I'm in my sunset years. I don't have to worry as much 'bout da future challenges/purchases as those younger dan I!

Vape ON!!!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
@Iffy, I missed your birthday. Sorry, I've been away for a while.

But, I'm back. So,

Happy.Birthday.Fishing.jpg

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    hmmm? I'm not a fan of Smoktech products but let's try to figure this out. Did you try putting a pre-built coil back into the tank. The try that on the mod to see if it worked. Just wondering if your coil shorted out and perhaps the mod is still working.

That's a fairly advanced type of coil. Do you have the materials and ability to make your own simple coils and try that?

That worked! The screen is a little funky, but it vapes. Now I'll have a better backup. As far as making my own coils, I'm not trying that again, unless I can't get the ready built coils. I had build one coil without problems, so I know I can do it, but it's not worth burning up my units over.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    Drop me a PM with your physical address/info and I'll send ya a new iStick Pico (replaceable 18650 batt) and an original Nautilus topper with two packs of Aspire BVC coils. Maybe not your cup of tea, but dat combo sure has met my needs in da past fer quite a while. Still vaping a variation of dat same package.

As much as I wanted to $ave monie$ on rebuildable coilS, it all just wasn't worth da effort fer moi...

Seriously, heed everyone's warnings/cautions re vaping equipment/supplies. Kinda thankful dat I'm in my sunset years. I don't have to worry as much 'bout da future challenges/purchases as those younger dan I!

Vape ON!!!

Aww, Iffy, you're the bestest. :wub: Let's not let the Continental US keep us apart.

tmg-article_tall-today-tease-170714_1ec51118e500ee61a603c366b942f5c1.jpg

You worked your magic!

tumblr_m3pfdpGIvE1qdedm3o1_640.jpg

That worked! The screen is a little funky, but it vapes. Now I'll have a better backup. As far as making my own coils, I'm not trying that again, unless I can't get the ready built coils. I had build one coil without problems, so I know I can do it, but it's not worth burning up my units over.

Glad you were able to fix the problem. Please tell us you contacted Iffy about his generous offer. :)

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA

So glad that worked for you! The thing with building your own coils is that you get better at it with practice. If you can figure out why it happened you can chalk it up to a good learning experience.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

Vape ON!!!
    Iffy, I want to thank you for your generous offer. With this, my resurrected mag 225 and the new mag 225, I have the beginnings of a stash. My next step is to stock up on coils since DIY is not an option for me :D

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Need a batt charger, or a backup? How 'bout a two bay NiteCore i2 fer $5.99 wid code VAPOR25 HERE!
    Thanks, I'll look into that. The good thing about batteries and chargers is that bans won't affect them. Can't beat that price though.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    Need a batt charger, or a backup? How 'bout a two bay NiteCore i2 fer $5.99 wid code VAPOR25 HERE!

Been needing a backup charger, don't like the one I have, and a travel one so this fits the bill perfectly and it's dirt cheap. :D Thanks for posting it Iffy! :party:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I have had good results using the Coil Master Tab 521 with my DIY coils. It makes a great base for installing my coils in the tank and an additional benefit of using it for checking the ohms and possibly a short in the coil. I can't recommend it enough.

Coil Master 521 Tab - Coil Master

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    ... My next step is to stock up on coils since DIY is not an option for me

Maybe not to give up on DIY coils just yet. Perhaps try a simple/basic coil single coil set up instead of that wiz bang coil you mentioned. Something like a 2 to 2.5mm ID single wrap of Kanthal if you're a wattage vaper and not using a mod setup for TC vaping.

31ZFVT06K%2BL.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Hi gang, I put a post on the back porch about Johnny (Iffy). It's not good news, but it's not as bad as it could have been. I'm not sure if copying the URL will take you to the post or not, but it should at least take you to the page it's on I think. If this doesn't take you to the post, can someone who remembers how to do it right do that please lol

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Hi gang, I put a post on the back porch about Johnny (Iffy). It's not good news, but it's not as bad as it could have been. I'm not sure if copying the URL will take you to the post or not, but it should at least take you to the page it's on I think. If this doesn't take you to the post, can someone who remembers how to do it right do that please lol

prayerwheel2.gif

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011

Direct link to @Debadoo post about "Iffy" (Johnny) :

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread