Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
They are Echo Kuwakos. Just an Echo PV inserted into a Janty Kuwako Pipe bowl. You can use any 14mm PV but an auto works best to give a good pipe vaping experience. The Kuwakos are on sale at Janty for 12.99 right now. Janty electronic cigarettes, e-liquids and carts - Janty KUWAKO

Oh, you had to tell me they are on sale. My wife would shoot me. Let's see - piss off the wife or no new pipe (hmmm). First, I have to check just to see how comfortable my couch is - just in case (LOL)... :unsure:

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
I just got my new 1.5 L-Rider yesterday and it is good to be able to read the resistance of my cartos. I never got the Provari because i watched a video when they first came out and it seemed like alot of clicking to change the voltage. How about reading the ohms does it require the same amount of clicks? That is one reason besides the price that I chose the L-rider. One click to change the voltage and one click to check ohms and voltage. There is a new one coming out called the Lambo which is just a Version 2 of the L-rider. What I really like about it is the recessed ego connection with flexing batt post so it will work with all ego or 510 cartos regardless of the length of the carto pin.

I was concerned that the one button on the ProVari would be confusing to use but I've found it's very straight forward, although I do have to push the button a lot to change anything. That Lambo looks nice but now I will have to buy one, being a part owner of the Green Bay Packers (1 of 1.2 million) I'll have to bring to a game so I can bring my Lambo to Lambeau Field.

I've been able to get almost all my smoking friends and family to switch over to Go-go's, Elites, or regular 808's. It doesn't make any difference what they use because they all easily and painlessly got clean away from setting fire to tobacco tubes.

One of these days I've just got to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up but it looks like I'll be able to retire before I have to make that kind of decision. There are still a few people who bug me about quitting vaping and I've solemnly promised to stop vaping two or three days before my funeral.

Nice job on showing your friends and family the way, I haven't converted anyone yet but I'm looking for candidates. Like you I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up too. I'm looking at Cart Captain at our local WalMart, but I may be aiming too high.

Good to have you here.

I'm STILL 52 and I would STILL rather hang with youz guyz if you let me. I STILL do not want to sit at the kids' table. I promise not to blow any peas out of my nose. I'll keep my elbows off the table and everything.

(can't promise not to play some air guitar now and then tho)

Nice job reviving the thread, Tx. =)

Thanks for joining in. You won't be penalized for shooting peas though your nose if the joke is funny enough. Hope to see here again.

Hey Semi good to see you! I had my weigh in this morning and I'm up a bit too. I was behaving myself today until that evil Mrs. Tiny brought home a couple of 1/4 pound Nathan's Hot Dogs for me, I am so weak. I went out and walked a mile for each dog as penance.

Hope your all having a great day!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    From the old thread:
    I'm 70, does that count? And yes, I smoked for well over 50 years.
    Two strokes, five heart attacks, couldn't breath and was coughing myself to death. Pretty good reason to find an alternative to smoking, don't ya think?
    10 months after starting to vape instead of smoking I can maintain my target heart rate for over an hour on a treadmill, and have to go a lot faster to keep the pulse rate up

Old, and planning on getting a lot older
    Hard to believe that was over two months ago, but I'm still 70 and still vaping.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Hi folks, glad you found the new room. If you know any of the old gang be sure to invite them over for a vape.

I found the new thread...Hope you all are doing well and having a good weekend.

Ha you guys thought you could hide? Found you neverless hihi.
    Thanks for continuing on guys.

From the old thread:

Hard to believe that was over two months ago, but I'm still 70 and still vaping.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    From the old thread:

If I slow down TJ you are going to catch me. When do you turn 71, I'll be 72 in Oct. I keep thinking I'm already 72 as if they don't come around fast enough.
    :2cool:

Last edited:

VapRon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 6, 2011
    FL
    Glad you found us VapRon. Come on in and join the fun...

I've been hearing there has been some rough weather in Florida - how about your area?
    Sorry for the late response. Had to finish watching the Hockey game Fl Panthers -NJ Devils.
    Bad weather here in Jacksonville but it is all good. Helped a neighbor laying new sod and that needs a bit water hihi.

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    th_twitch.gif
    <unkind and wiseazz remarks withheld>

The 'Regathering' begins...
    th_thumbsup.gif

VapRon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 6, 2011
    FL
    VapRon56 here and as many others started at a jung age.Man been 40 years with those darn sticks. I already gave up hope on the quitting.Had trouble sleeping with that train whistel from my lungs keeping me awake. Then about a year ago on the radio I listen to a guy taking about those e-cig things. Hey why not give it a try. Did everything else so I went for it. I still can not believe to be 8 month smokefree and no desire whatsoever for the sticks. And yes "We Want Our discounts". Hope there are many many more of us young guns who make the switch to enjoy breathing said:
    Found the old posting so here it is.

Tiny

ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I found this in the New Members Forum. It's kind of a long read but the conclusions at the end are interesting.

Here is the study

Electronic cigarettes as a harm reduction
    strategy for tobacco control: A step forward
    or a repeat of past mistakes?

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/centers-institutes/population-development/files/article.jphp.pdf

It will be interesting to see more studies like this.
    Do anybody have more is this?

This is just one study and many more of these are needed, but it was interesting as to what chemicals are found in "e-cigs" and what the authors thought about the attempts to ban them.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Here's a positive for nicotine, I just picked up. I had an session with my 'head doc', last week. He's been interested in my progress with e-cigs. He never heard of them before i showed him my 1st ego 6 months ago. Anyways - I said I hit 6 months w/o a cigarette and now I'm trying to cut down on my nic level. He asked why - I said I wanted to see if I sleep better because I've often heard nicotine can act as a stimulant. His reply was "Mike, I don't tell my smoking clients this because I don't want to give them another excuse to continue smoking - but yes there is a beneficial stimulant effect but more so nicotine can also act as an anti-depressant." So I wasn't crazy for 45 years of smoking - I did feel better after ... but I feel so much better getting my nic fix from vaping. :vapor:

Tiny

ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Who closed our thread? It's closed!!!???? We need to PM everyone so they find this.

From the old thread:

TJ, your story still amazes me. How anyone could keep smoking through all that should make no sense, but I do understand why. Glad your with us!

th_twitch.gif
    <unkind and wiseazz remarks withheld>

The 'Regathering' begins...

Good to see you're all here!

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Looks to me like this group would be a good example to a lot of people. It's so nice to see a problem overcome by people accepting other people. Thank you txtumbleweed for keeping the thread going. I've enjoyed reading almost all of the 329 pages of the first thread. Looks like this one is going just fine.

Looks like I'm part of a pair here. MikeE3 is my husband and he's a very nice person too. He talked about wanting to quit smoking for 2 years, but wasn't doing anything about it but talk. I'd heard about ecigs, but one day I thought why not give it a try. Of course Mike had to research it for about a week and found ecf. So we ordered our first 808 and 510. The day they arrived I was having a smoke on the back deck. I took my first vape and was so shocked at how nice it was! That was Sept. 1, 2011 and I haven't looked back since!! Truly, I accidently stopped smoking. Since then I've helped at least 3 people stop smoking and at least one other is well on her way. They're loving vaping!

I think we're still in the learning phase for most of the public so I don't rock the boat if it's going to upset anyone, but I do find that when I vape in public I often have people ask me about it and find it's a good way to give them some positive info. Get the word out there to help other people. Unfortunately I'm certain the gov't is going to find a way to get in on this by taxing it to death. I hope that doesn't discourage people. I do believe that one day vaping will be freely accepted and that's a good thing.

I'm trying to do my part by only using the terms vaping and pv instead of ecig and smoking. Take the old terminology related to smoking out of the mix and we may have a chance at helping people to let go of their old associations. It is different, it's not smoking. There's a big learning curve to overcome.

Vape on! Enjoy!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    Here's a positive for nicotine, I just picked up. I had an session with my 'head doc', last week. He's been interested in my progress with e-cigs. He never heard of them before i showed him my 1st ego 6 months ago. Anyways - I said I hit 6 months w/o a cigarette and now I'm trying to cut down on my nic level. He asked why - I said I wanted to see if I sleep better because I've often heard nicotine can act as a stimulant. His reply was "Mike, I don't tell my smoking clients this because I don't want to give them another excuse to continue smoking - but yes there is a beneficial stimulant effect but more so nicotine can also act as an anti-depressant." So I wasn't crazy for 45 years of smoking - I did feel better after ... but I feel so much better getting my nic fix from vaping. :vapor:

Mike I have read that many times over and believe it also... I worked in a high pace high profile type job and walking outside for a smoke was the only way to make it through the day some times. I figured it was habit, but now I know more - thanks for sharing.

I went and visited that office a couple of weeks ago for a different reason - it was the first time I thought about a smoke for a while - I could never go back to work there - I might take up smoking again... :unsure:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread