Paypal Shutting Down ALL E-Cig Accounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCat

Aug 5, 2009
This is what makes no sense to me paypal is committing a felony for holding funds with out cause.
The FDA has not decided either way so untill they do in the united states of America it is legal until deemed illegal.
PayPal is held to the same rules and regs as a bank the only way funds can be held is by court order.

and that is the facts all your friend has to do is say law suit and they'll say sorry

Reillj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Boston, MA
I haven't had any problems with paypal for buying stuff, and two days ago they limited my account because they said I was a non-profit. Which is weird, because the only things I use it for are buying stuff and selling CD's for my bands. I called them and they said they would fix it, but I was REALLY confused.... I just started buying e-cig stuff a week or so before they limited it. I have no idea if it is related, maybe they just F'd up, but it was curious.

ShortyBoo

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois
I just placed my first order last night, and before I did, I had to find a site that didn't use PayPal. My brother had a PayPal account a few years ago that he had tied to his bank account so he could make purchases from eBay. He made two purchases, which totaled less than $100. But 2 weeks later, someone transferred $300 from his account, followed by $500 a few days later. The third attempt, which was for another $300, happened after the account was empty from the previous two withdrawals, and was stopped. When he went to the bank, they told him that those were online transfers through PayPal, but they couldn't put his money back because he couldn't prove he didn't approve of the transfers, and PayPal wouldn't explain anything or help him get his money back either. So now I won't touch PayPal at all.

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
It is truly ironic. I can buy enough codiene tablets from NZ to stay wasted 24hrs a day, enough potassium perchlorate to launch a rocket, and enough mitilary surplus to build my own compound, and all of this can be paid for by PayPal. However, if you want some E-fluid your screwed? How the heck does this make any sense?:mad:

How? Supposedly because Paypal is being threatened with legal action from the ASH organization for processing payments for unapproved drugs.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
You are all going to find horror stories no matter what kind of online transaction you make, but these PayPal bashing stories aren't any different that what people have done with paper checks, Credit cards, Money Orders and Money wires, and any other one I haven't time to name here. People make good livings by ripping other people off. This is the way it is, get over it, Check your receits, always!!!! Use a bank debit/credit card, if your bank has them fine, otherwise go the route of Wired Plastic (Visa, cash backed, and a $3.95 a month bank account for transferring money ACH or money wire). Where were all these indignant people when I couldn't use my CC online to buy Indian Reservation cigarettes for $12.00 a carton, CC stopped allowing that too. We had to revert to doing ACH (online check cashing) Because your Government didn't like not being able to collect tax money!! Simple. My PayPal account serves me just fine, I need it to purchase supplies for my shop, hundreds of ebay purchases every year, etc., etc. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, just find an alternative option for e-cigs & juices.

Last edited:

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
I only use Paypal. To make a long story short. I use my cc to buy something and someone stole my account and charged $5000 worth of crap at Home Depo in San Diego. So I only put the money I want to spend on Paypal and make my purchases that way.

I'm new to e-cig. If fact I'm just place my first order (using PP) and I can't wait for my e-cig to arrive. Should I be worried about PP messing with me? Should I take action? I'm really worried. Any help would be nice :)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I only use Paypal. To make a long story short. I use my cc to buy something and someone stole my account and charged $5000 worth of crap at Home Depo in San Diego.

You didn't happen to use your CC at Home Depot did you?

Happened to me years ago. Bought a stove and the next thing i know, I've got $5,000 charged and it was is San Diego.

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
You didn't happen to use your CC at Home Depot did you?

Happened to me years ago. Bought a stove and the next thing i know, I've got $5,000 charged and it was is San Diego.

I've never ever used my CC at a Home Depo. If fact then that happen to me I was still living in Chicago. I know I was online I can't really remember what I was buying but I would guess I was on Ebay. But I guess that Home Depo in San Diego is doing very well. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread