Provari vs Lava Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm in the fortunate position to be able to afford a Provari. I got one a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier with it.

I wanted a durable mod that would work today, everyday, and long into the future. I didn't wish to have to buy a new mod every year or because a part broke or the entire device just stopped working, or would not be able to be fixed because it wasn't designed to last for than a few months. If I wanted a disposable VV mod, I would have gone with the much cheaper ego Twist.

I was attracted to other features that it has. The Accuset microchip for precise and accurate voltage regulation. All the safety features built in. The overall fit and finish. It's heftiness and durability. The adaptibility to use different batteries at my choosing. That it "talks" to me if I inadvertantly do something ill-advised. Accurate built-in voltage and ohm readings. Historical evidence that the manufacturer will update it if and when the need arises for a reasonable fee. Outstanding customer service. Knowledge that I can send my device in for repair after the warranty expires. The list goes on.

The Provari and Provape do all of the above, and on a consistant basis. Both give me confidence.

Was it, and is it, worth the money to me. Yes, a resounding yes.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
The question should be...does one get $100 more value from a Provari than a Lavatube?

Since I only had to pay for it once, and it for me will most likely out last 3-4 lava clones, my answer would be yes.

Is it the right choice for everyone? No, probably not anymore than an eGo Twist or a SI Volt is perfect for everyone.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Since I only had to pay for it once, and it for me will most likely out last 3-4 lava clones, my answer would be yes.

Is it the right choice for everyone? No, probably not anymore than an eGo Twist or a SI Volt is perfect for everyone.

I just think we get too caught up in comparing apples and oranges. Provari is in an elite class and to somehow compare it to something that costs half just doesn't seem to be a fair comparison. It's like asking if a chuck roast is comparable to prime rib.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just think we get too caught up in comparing apples and oranges. Provari is in an elite class and to somehow compare it to something that costs half just doesn't seem to be a fair comparison. It's like asking if a chuck roast is comparable to prime rib.
No argument there. But what APV's are in the same class of a Provari? What determines what class an APV is placed in? By function (variable voltage class)? By price range? Far East vs Free World origin?

It just seems that whenever the next new VV mod is released, it invariably get compared to the Provari. And then the haters come out and complain how the Provari isn't worth the price. :blink:

Last edited:

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
Don't let the made in USA label sway you that doesn't mean squat granted there are more strignant quality control measures and you of course get customer service from a country you trust and speak the language with no problems but god knows how many household appliances phones computers and even the majority of the diods and circuitry in the provari is from china because they are the only place that can provide the man power factories and equipment to produce them don't get me wrong it can sit here all night and tell you why I love provari over lavatube so much so I bought two at a total cost of around 400 pounds but the whole made in America label irritates prob cause I'm English :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
No argument there. But what APV's are in the same class of a Provari? What determines what class an APV is placed in? By function (variable voltage class)? By price range? Far East vs Free World origin?

It just seems that whenever the next new VV mod is released, it invariably get compared to the Provari. And then the haters come out and complain how the Provari isn't worth the price. :blink:

I'd like to have a Provari and I'm sure one day I will. I'd also like a BMW. My guess is I will have a Provari before I have a BMW. :p But until I get a Provari, I'm still diggin' my vapin' with my LT.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Don't let the made in USA label sway you that doesn't mean squat granted there are more strignant quality control measures and you of course get customer service from a country you trust and speak the language with no problems but god knows how many household appliances phones computers and even the majority of the diods and circuitry in the provari is from china because they are the only place that can provide the man power factories and equipment to produce them don't get me wrong it can sit here all night and tell you why I love provari over lavatube so much so I bought two at a total cost of around 400 pounds but the whole made in America label irritates prob cause I'm English :)

Fishtec...you may have a cob up your ... over American stuff, but objectively speaking, the stuff made in America is far better than the cheapass crap you get from China. There is just no two ways about it. The componnents may or may not have been made in China, but they still have to meet the Provari standard. It might explain why the Provari costs so much.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Aside from some of the electronic components on the circuit boards, you are incorrect. Those components may or may not come from China, but could also come from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, or the USA. Provape goes out of its way to make and assemble parts from and in the USA.

From a company representative on the Provape Forum Suppliers sub-forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html#post5869384

"Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this questions here are some details:

The ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get.

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection.

We love to hear all the positive comments about the ProVari and PV1. Thank you for your support!"

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I wouldn't compare the LT to a Provari. I'd compare it with the other LT clones or the ego twist or the vision spinner. Apples to apples per say.
For at home or at friends I love my Provari but I decided on a 1300mAh spinner as a go out to the bar device. I don't care if a 25$ disposable dies after 3 months or gets snatched.

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
The end was said as a joke :) but my point was that as the majority of electrical components from any ecig are manufactured in china ( I was referring the the components not the construction or manufacture of provaris ) that the quality of Chinese produced ecigarettes are not as terrible as they used to be made in china is not the horrific statement that it once was and yes I apprieciate that customer service and therefore product development in china is in a word terrible and that's where provape ultimately shines good customer service fantastic build and calibrated electronics ( mostly made in china ) I suppose I let myself go with my post a little the world would ultimately stop without chinease production and my post was a retaliation at the previous post stating that it was made in china like it was a terrible thing like I said I own two provaris have been lucky enough to visit America and loved it :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The best way I can put it is my son has a provari and his girlfriend bought the Lava Tube. When she comes over she takes her tank and puts it on his Provari...... he gets the Provari back when she leaves.

NUFF SAID!

AGAIN!!!!! Provari costs twice as much. We are not comparing apples to apples. If your son had a Lavatube and his GF had a Twist, she'd put her clearo on his LT.

TechJ

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2012
Alaska
Cost aside.... They both have variable voltage, both have the ability to check battery voltage, atomizer resistance and so on. It is the quality of materials, build, CS, and warranty that separate the two. My opinion is you get what you pay for. Not as simple as comparing apples to apples/ oranges in my book.
They both do the same thing. Albeit one is proven to be of higher quality and dependability than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread