Provari - Why all the haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTV1

Moved On
Oct 29, 2012
USA
they are already out :) starts at same price as a provari ,but they are mech mods

imo,,looks like they were designed to attract the female crowd,just my impression of the design

Any USA vendors have them yet? Can u post a link? The build quality on those things is incredible. Button finish is kinda girly but the thing is frikkin titanium.

Teena

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2012
Upland, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Aoi~:7627241 said:
I like my ProVaris for one reason only. Accuset technology. Whatever number I set is what I get. Seems obvious, but currently, I haven't found any Chinese offerings that can match it. If you have found one, please share (charts/readings help). I have been looking for a friend who's looking to upgrade from the eGo twist. He doesn't see vaping as something to spend alot of money on. I want to recommend something that I'd personally use, and so far I haven't found a cheaper alternative that does what the ProVari does (Accurate readings only, I don't expect longevity out of a cheaper device, everything breaks eventually). Right now, there's nothing in between it seems to me.

There is this $31/shipped VV 14500 mod that I have that a guy tested and said is accurate. Seems to do the job but battery life sux for moderate to heavy vaping.

Always have to carry several extra batteries.

May be a good choice for your friend.

Aoi~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sunny So. Cal
There is this $31/shipped VV 14500 mod that I have that a guy tested and said is accurate. Seems to do the job but battery life sux for moderate to heavy vaping.

Always have to carry several extra batteries.

May be a good choice for your friend.

Yeah, that's the only thing that I run into as well. I am gonna order one and try it out, just to see if battery life is gonna be an issue at all. Not crazy about the eGo form factor (sticky buttons are common, durability is not an upgrade to the eGo twist that my friend is using, although the replaceable battery is an upgrade to the disposable nature of the eGo twists) In the meantime, I'm still looking.

I tried recommending a Smoktech Bolt + kick (durable, accurate, good battery life, best one I can come up with for the price range that he wants), but he's not too receptive to the idea. I even offered one of my ProVaris for him to use in the meantime, but he wouldn't have it. So, I'm still scratching my head here.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Yeah, that's the only thing that I run into as well. I am gonna order one and try it out, just to see if battery life is gonna be an issue at all. Not crazy about the eGo form factor (sticky buttons are common, durability is not an upgrade to the eGo twist that my friend is using, although the replaceable battery is an upgrade to the disposable nature of the eGo twists) In the meantime, I'm still looking.

I tried recommending a Smoktech Bolt + kick (durable, accurate, good battery life, best one I can come up with for the price range that he wants), but he's not too receptive to the idea. I even offered one of my ProVaris for him to use in the meantime, but he wouldn't have it. So, I'm still scratching my head here.

Buttons seem pretty good. The size is pretty long though, almost to long depending on what you put on it. It is 5 1/2 inches tip to tip.

Rudy956

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
texas
I think most of the "haters" you refer to hate the "fanboys" more than the actual device itself. Most provari "fanboys" tend to bash others when they recommend a pv that isn't a provari. Keep in mind I am saying "fanboy" not "fan" so if you don't know the difference between a "fanboy" and a fan please don't quote or bash me.

TechJ

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2012
Alaska
To me it's about what works for me. I had the budget for a provari/zap combo. It isn't the end all device but it sure hads been dependable. The genesis atty was a slight pita to get tuned with all the provari protections. Over all I'm happy, however it still doesent replace my iHybrid. Both of them take backup status to eachother on any given day.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I think most of the "haters" you refer to hate the "fanboys" more than the actual device itself. Most provari "fanboys" tend to bash others when they recommend a pv that isn't a provari. Keep in mind I am saying "fanboy" not "fan" so if you don't know the difference between a "fanboy" and a fan please don't quote or bash me.

Lol I guess I must admit to never having contemplated the meaning of the term "fanboy". Your point makes a lot of sense.

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Provari is always available, never sold out (as far as I have seen) which NONE of the comparable mods could state. I have been stalking for a Zenesis and GG for months now without any luck (I refuse to pay $200 over cost via the classifieds). Darwins are very nice, no doubt but never available and, to this person, the only competition with Provari.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
From Urban dictionary:

Fanboy:
...Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions...

I know I've come across "that guy" a time or two.

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
From Urban dictionary:

Fanboy:
...Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions...

I know I've come across "that guy" a time or two.

PLenty of examples in this thread, if you have been here since the beginning.........

Aoi~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sunny So. Cal
I was actually hoping that the nay-sayers could come up with a good, lower priced alternative to the ProVari. The only thing that's, in my opinion, promising is the ZMax v2 whenever that makes it to vendor shelves. Even that's still above the $100 price mark (expensive, $130 tube if it follows the current ZMax pricing). I'm not keen on having meaningless numbers on my PV. If I set my PV at 3V, I want it to put out 3V, not 4-4.2V. Simple, I know, but apparently easier said than done.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I was actually hoping that the nay-sayers could come up with a good, lower priced alternative to the ProVari. The only thing that's, in my opinion, promising is the ZMax v2 whenever that makes it to vendor shelves. Even that's still above the $100 price mark (expensive, $130 tube if it follows the current ZMax pricing). I'm not keen on having meaningless numbers on my PV. If I set my PV at 3V, I want it to put out 3V, not 4-4.2V. Simple, I know, but apparently easier said than done.

I bought a vmax before I got the provari. The PWM tuning issue is one of the things that lead me to buy a Provari. That and the First vmax I received was defective. Positive battery post was off center and it wouldn't fire consitently. So I know where you are coming from.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The provari sounds nice, but it doesn't seem to give that extra $100 of value. That's a lot of juice!

Also, Baditude, it's worth mentioning that your first thread was more than a little biased. You extoll the virtues of the provari without doing any actual comparison points of the LT. I know they vary, but why not do an actual comparison instead of "It does this, this and this, and I dunno about the LT."
Thank you for your honest perspective. I do appreciate all viewpoints. That was the point of this thread.

EddieCap

Oct 14, 2012
Bellmawr NJ
i personally have a lambo 4.0 and love it and it works flawlessly everytime, i would also like to have a provari and every other mod out there. i would say the hating isnt on the provari per say, but the fact that provari owners tend to believe that it is gods gift to vaping, and nothing can touch it, and thats just not true and tends to get annoying after seeing it over and over. buy the mod you want, use it and love it, treat it right and it will works as its suppose to and dont let anyone tell you that YOUR PV is inferior to anyone elses, if its what you want and what you like then that is all that matters.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville

Yeah, really to me if you want variable power and are going to spend that kind of money than provari is the way to go. As I said before, I am waiting for a variable watt model myself, and perhaps it will have a better display and menu system.

Of course, probably will have a price closer to $229 instead of the current $159, which is fine with me. I just don't want to spend $159 for a unit that I expect is going to be outdated soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread