Status
Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Next time I'm standing in the middle of the highway, I'm sure it will slip out of my pocket and we'll find out.

Smart azz !!

there is a member here that works as a semi mechanic,,set his provari on tire and left it,,drive drove over it which destroyed the carto\tank and pop the top cap out a little,new carto and he was good to go !! it wasn't the prettiest looking provari afterwards though

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
This thread reminds me of a neighbor who was nice enough to invite me over to her house for a bbq this summer. Sometime during the party we were in the kitchen and she offered me a generic cola and then went on to extoll its virtues and how she actually liked it better than regular coke.This went on for a good ten minutes before I tried one and it tasted like crap.

She had convinced herself that it was better because she was confusing price with value and I think we have some of that going on here as well.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
This thread reminds me of a neighbor who was nice enough to invite me over to her house for a bbq this summer. Sometime during the party we were in the kitchen and she offered me a generic cola and then went on to extoll its virtues and how she actually liked it better than regular coke.This went on for a good ten minutes before I tried one and it tasted like crap.

She had convinced herself that it was better because she was confusing price with value and I think we have some of that going on here as well.

Possibly. But then it may not be about coke, but about liking, oh I don't know, let's say gatorade. I really don't see what the big deal is. There are high end mods that cost more than provaris, and have a sort of exclusivity due to the number made. If that's what floats some-one's boat then way to go.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

i think that analogy would be better suited describing vapin juice,,i absolutely hate the taste of dr pepper,but there are some that swear by it,,this is a subjective issue

i have 3 provaris,,after trying a lot of other mods,i just found what fits me and have no desire to try the high end [expensive] mods

1) no desire,i am content
2) i don't like the design

i do have a few FV mods i use frequently too

fyi,,think i have more then stated my thoughts opinions on this subject

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Possibly. But then it may not be about coke, but about liking, oh I don't know, let's say gatorade. I really don't see what the big deal is. There are high end mods that cost more than provaris, and have a sort of exclusivity due to the number made. If that's what floats some-one's boat then way to go.

I agree with ya for the most part, but Im not gonna call a cow a duck and swear its a duck.For me buying a Provari made more sense because Im in this for the long run and its very reassuring that I can send it back to Provape for repairs.As far as I know none of the Chinese mods have that going for them.I can also personally attest to the Provaris toughness since mine survived a car crash that did 5k of damage to my truck , with barely a scratch.

Ive always bought quality because in the long run I'm firmly convinced that it ends up being cheaper and my 15 year old Levi's support that fact.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I agree with ya for the most part, but Im not gonna call a cow a duck and swear its a duck.For me buying a Provari made more sense because Im in this for the long run and its very reassuring that I can send it back to Provape for repairs.As far as I know none of the Chinese mods have that going for them.I can also personally attest to the Provaris toughness since mine survived a car crash that did 5k of damage to my truck , with barely a scratch.

Ive always bought quality because in the long run I'm firmly convinced that it ends up being cheaper and my 15 year old Levi's support that fact.

This is nothing new to me zapped. It's the same argument I've seen many times. And the thing is, I'm not arguing that some-one shouldn't buy one. I don't hate provaris. But I preferrred to buy something else. So when I see responses like yours I wonder why some-one can't just prefer something else. These kind of responses seem defensive to me.

Last edited:

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I have a lt, an lt mini, and an apollo mini (which I cant figure out why the damn fhing wont work!), and I bought them all to hold me over till I can get a provari. Stupid me...I should have just bought the provari....next month, it will be mine. Perhaps it is the iphone of pv's, but I must have it. Then? Then I won't want to buu anything else until I can get a zenesis...or something else elite. I like shiny, awesome things that vape well. Call me crazy, but I am a hobbyist now. That's what we do-we buy cool stuff and play with it...and we love it.

ZW99GT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
DFW
I have many of the devices people try to compare against the Provari and I love them all. I also would love to get a Provari and the awesome reviews of quality it gets around the community speaks to me quite a bit.

I understand the Provari is superior to my Zmax and LT in most ways, especially quality and expected life. But I would be very excited to see a VW Provari updated version. I would probably buy a VW Provari tomorrow, and gift/sell my Zmax. The current version does LESS than the Zmax, it just does it better and will do it longer. The part about the button clicking is just nit-picking IMO. The menu on my Zmax took me literally a number of minutes to figure out, and after a week I can do anything to it blindfolded with mild certainty.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
I think a lot of people would like to see that. Including some current provari owners who have provaris and Zmaxs.

I dont see the need for it tbh. Sometimes things work better because they keep it simple to begin with. I could care less how many watts im running.i know I like my current juices at 5.2 volts with a 2.0 smoktek dual coil and thats good enough for me.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
It has always struck me as strange that people get so emotionally invested in their PV's. I have, for the most part, found this forum to be a place of reason and civility, but when things get ridiculous, it's often due to device worship, or device envy. It really doesn't bother me, though. I own a Provari. It was a good purchase for me. If someone wants to say that it's not worth the price, and that I'm a dullard, it's fine with me. I'm not sensitive. It's price is much higher than many Chinese devices with similar features. This is the main criticism of the Provari. It is valid and may be a deal breaker for some. It is for this reason that I don't try to convert people to using one.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
The Apple analogy people have used makes the most sense. There are a lot of people that hate Mac OS and iOS products that have never used one. It's irrational. That said, I don't think it's nearly as bad as Android vs. iOS or PS3 vs. Xbox 360. The important thing is having a device -- doesn't matter what it is -- that helps you avoid tobacco cigarettes.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I dont see the need for it tbh. Sometimes things work better because they keep it simple to begin with. I could care less how many watts im running.i know I like my current juices at 5.2 volts with a 2.0 smoktek dual coil and thats good enough for me.

You don't prefer it, but there are lots who do. It really is just about adding the VW and another menu setting. Don't need extra buttons. It's nice having VV and VW on a device - it would certainly suit a wider range of vapers right now. With both options, if you don't want VW you still just use VV.
I think VW is going to get bigger and we'll see more of it.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I am one to think it is much more important to what you have on the end of your battery. The PV just produces the voltage so I would never pay 200.00 for a battery no matter how nice it is. So if I can get a battery that allows me to simply adjust the voltage, reads ohms and is able to hold a charge for a full day for 50.00 I'm going to buy that one instead of paying 200.00 for one.
I certainly don't hate a Provari but do dislike the attitude of some of their users. Many of my friends have Provari's and I know they are one of the best PV's but I would never buy one myself. Vaping is as much a hobby now for me as it is a nic delivery system. I like to have lots of different PV's so for the price of a Provari I can buy four to ten VV PV's to play with. :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
This is nothing new to me zapped. It's the same argument I've seen many times. And the thing is, I'm not arguing that some-one shouldn't buy one. I don't hate provaris. But I preferrred to buy something else. So when I see responses like yours I wonder why some-one can't just prefer something else. These kind of responses seem defensive to me.

Im not being defensive at all and of course youre free to buy whatever you want, I would never suggest otherwise.For me a Provari was the right choice but if something else works for you go for it, just dont try to tell me that a Lavatube is better than a Provari when it obviously isnt.It might be better for you because you place a higher value on cost versus quality but thats not the same thing.

burnah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Home
You're not getting it burnah. Read BlueSnake's post two above you.

I definitely get it.
I have two Ego C Twists that I love too.
I haven't criticised any PV here or anywhere else and I'm not pompous about owning a Provari.
The reasons it was my first PV are:
1) Durability - I work on construction sites and wanted something sturdy that could withstand the beatings it has endured.
2) Availability - We don't have much of a selection available in Australia, certainly no stores I can walk into and peruse their wares. I'd never heard of the vast majority of mods discussed in this forum when I started out.
3) Battery performance - I wanted something I could vape all day and never have to worry about charging, except at night.
The Provari has met all of my needs.
I just don't see any reason to be negative about a mod just because you can't afford it.
I'm no fanboy and I'm sure there are many other mods that I would love.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Im not being defensive at all and of course youre free to buy whatever you want, I would never suggest otherwise.For me a Provari was the right choice but if something else works for you go for it, just dont try to tell me that a Lavatube is better than a Provari when it obviously isnt.It might be better for you because you place a higher value on cost versus quality but thats not the same thing.

Yeah sorry, I shouldn't have assumed defensiveness. BTW - I don't own a lavatube, and have never said it's better than a provari or vice versa. Also, please don't assume what I value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread