Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
T

Therefore, it is not the same, and variable watts is a superior method.

I don't think it is that bold, and it is in no way analogous to peaches vs. apples.

Volts on its own is a meaningless measure for vaping, whereas watts are very pertinent. Look at all the vaping power charts. They are based on what range of watts are considered "best" or the "sweet spot".

Having a device that adjust this measure is better than having one that adjust a factor in the equation to get this measure, right?

VV is a far more superior method of making vape,and i have no more facts to prove that then do you

besides this thread is not about VV vs VW

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I don't think it is that bold, and it is in no way analogous to peaches vs. apples.

Some one tells you they vape at 4.5 volts. Tells you nothing without further details. Someone tells you they vape at 8 watts, then you have a much better idea of the vape they are experiencing.

I would ask them how many wraps around how large a coil and at what watts before I would began to imagine the volume and temperature they were experiencing.

Volts on its own is a meaningless measure for vaping, whereas watts are very pertinent. Look at all the vaping power charts. They are based on what range of watts are considered "best" or the "sweet spot".

Having a device that adjust this measure is better than having one that adjust a factor in the equation to get this measure, right?
Maybe.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That is the reason I would like to have a Provari. If I pay more for the quality (and customer service) up front, I save in the long run.

Very true if that is your thinking. I think many people know it is a better device in the long run. It's just the initial cash outlay that is the big hurdle. And if truth be known, it's probably a lot harder to tell the wife you spent $200 versus $88 on something she gets nothing from. Don't be surprised if that is a top reason.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
I just thought up a thing...

VV is like a manual transmission, VW is like an automatic. You wouldn't say that an automatic is better at everything. Sure it shifts for you but not always in the best way. While a manual is more work it can be much more precise.

No, they are not analogous. Here is a better analogy. VV is like shifting gears based on the speedometer reading. VW is like shifting gear based on the RPMs.

You could use the speedometer and other information about your car to calculate RPMs and shift at appropriate times.

Or you could look at the tachometer and make that judgement without calculating anything.

Of course, with experience you don't need either to know when to shift.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Bad, I've read enough of your posts to know you're not a Provari snob. In fact, I know many Provari owners who are not snobs. They're just normal slobs like me taking it one day at a time. I don't think you or me would ever hold it against a guy who bought a Lavatube because all he had was $88.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I know that to some I may come across as too much of a fiesty defender of something that is just a piece of vaping hardware (look out PBusardo, here I come), but I intentionally try not to interject personal opinion or biasis unless I explicitly identify it as such. I make every attempt to back up my statements with fact, often including references to where I get my information when available. That was the main reason that I started this whole discussion, because I had done exactly the above when answering a person's question on another thread.

And when someone else interjects their personal opinion and bias in a negative manner which I know to be untrue, I will call them out and prove that it is not so. I've done it before, in particular with a certain individual (who shall remain nameless) who is notorious for doing so.

I know the Provari isn't for everyone. I wish everyone could afford one, but that's not the case. There's an owner and a place for the Lava Tubes in this world, too.

it's probably a lot harder to tell the wife you spent $200 versus $88 on something she gets nothing from. Don't be surprised if that is a top reason.
This is very likely why I was fortunate to be able to afford my Provari. I'm divorced, no alimony, only one child to support, the child support on the other child just finished.

Last edited:

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
my co-worker just started vaping a month and a half ago..tried to sell him on the provari..no dice. he decided on a lavatube.. first one broke when he dropped it on the floor..now he is on his second one. i have dropped my provari on concrete, tile floors, hardwood floors, carpet, etc..barely a scratch. damn thing is a tank. lavatubes are cool as backup devices, not primary ones.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
my co-worker just started vaping a month and a half ago..tried to sell him on the provari..no dice. he decided on a lavatube.. first one broke when he dropped it on the floor..now he is on his second one. i have dropped my provari on concrete, tile floors, hardwood floors, carpet, etc..barely a scratch. damn thing is a tank. lavatubes are cool as backup devices, not primary ones.

I have dropped my Lavatube no less than 12 times in the three weeks I've owned it (usually slips out of my shirt pocket). On hardwood floors and the garage floor. I've also knocked it over countless times like it were a bowling pin. All I've done is break two clearos but the LT keeps on ticking. I know what you're thinking. "This guy must be a clod!" :D

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

i bought a LT as a backup,but the only thing i liked about it was the texture on it,but that is the only good i can say about it from my experience,i know it would not with stand the abuse i have put my outside provari through :)

but if that is all you can afford ?? then jump on it !!

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I have dropped my Lavatube no less than 12 times in the three weeks I've owned it (usually slips out of my shirt pocket). On hardwood floors and the garage floor. I've also knocked it over countless times like it were a bowling pin. All I've done is break two clearos but the LT keeps on ticking. I know what you're thinking. "This guy must be a clod!" :D

has it been driven over by a semi yet ??

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I would just add that from all my reading the Provari is probably one of the best PV's available even though I don't own one. I just don't have the money to lay out around $200 all at once. Sometime in the future I will probably get one, just not sure when that will be.

If there are haters it could come from the fact that there are Provari owners who do nothing but put down any of the dozens of good affordable Chinese mods. There are lots of people who can only afford something inexpensive. When they keep reading that what they have is cheap Chinese junk, even though they may love it and it has done everything they wanted it to do.

That could incite some people to hate. I'm not one of the haters, just sayin'. Whatever works to keep you off of cigarettes is great no matter what it costs.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I would just add that from all my reading the Provari is probably one of the best PV's available even though I don't own one. I just don't have the money to lay out around $200 all at once. Sometime in the future I will probably get one, just not sure when that will be.

If there are haters it could come from the fact that there are Provari owners who do nothing but put down any of the dozens of good affordable Chinese mods. There are lots of people who can only afford something inexpensive. When they keep reading that what they have is cheap Chinese junk, even though they may love it and it has done everything they wanted it to do.

That could incite some people to hate. I'm not one of the haters, just sayin'. Whatever works to keep you off of cigarettes is great no matter what it costs.

Perhaps one of the better comments on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread