Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
sedge, I think your going to really enjoy the GTII. Just got mine today and did a single 6 wrap 29 gauge micro around a 2.5mm bit for 1.5 ohms. Doing really good with koh gen do cotton. I've always had trouble with RTA's, and have had the erlkonigin, Kayfun v2, Squape R and couldn't get them to work properly. GTII is a breeze and wicks are constantly exposed to juice, so I don't get my typical dry hit plague =]

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
2wplekm.jpg

INSIDE:
2pqrvja.jpg

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
So a real quick report. I received the KF4 yesterday afternoon. I also ordered the 4S kit, P3 connection and the 3 rebuild kits. All ordered from intaste on release day. My shipment was delayed because I accidentally ordered 4 P3 connectors. I emailed intaste and they were able to amend my order before shipping. I also ordered the Origen v2 genny, a Squape R shorty tank, and some Erlkonigin parts.

I built and filled the KF4 right outta the box. I had no issues and it performed wonderfully. The all metal tank is sexy.

After the tank was emptied, I wanted to put on the P3 base.

I ran into the same problem as Aal.

Fortunately, I recovered from it quickly using no-scratch channel locks.

Then, I couldn't get the 510 base off for a second. Part #9, the UC counter screw, wouldn't budge. Again, the no-scratch pliers to the rescue.

I took the time to break down the ENTIRE unit. UC'd all parts, lubed all metal threads and orings. All threads were fine but I worked them anyway. Reassembled just fine, though I would suggest having the schematic next to you and work on a towel so not to lose parts. Also, a fine mesh strainer in the sink when rinsing is a must.

The P3 connection is wonderful. Solid and sleek.

I didn't install the 4S kit. Airdraw is open enough for me.

I spent more time on this build. 29 gauge, 2.0mm ID, 8-9 wraps, 1.6 ohms, Shiseido cotton. I installed the glass tank. I'm chain vaping at 20 watts on the P3.

No dry hits. Wicking perfectly. Vapor and flavor are wonderful. Nice, warm, thick and moist. I'm using a long-time ADV which has never tasted better.

Kudos to the Svoemesto team. This is an amazing atomizer. Engineering is beyond brilliant. Construction is superb. I love the Kayfun 4.

y0nN19g.jpg

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
It is an outstanding device. Smaller and lighter than the KF4 with similar juice capacity.

Check out the thread I started on the Aqua v2 with a detailed pictorial and build tutorial.

Aqua v2 by Footoon Authentic thread

Thnx I will..I've already made my mind up on getting the Auqua V2. lol

Steam_Bern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
In my own little world
Thank you sedge for this wonderful thread! RTAs are my favorite type of RBA and I'm looking forward to your thoughts on all of this wonderful engineering. After I got my Super T ELA and Kayfun 3.1 ES I stopped looking at vape gear for a very long time, thinking it couldn't get much better. Boy, was I wrong! It's great to see atomizer technology advancing, even with all the rampant counterfeiting. That, and the advent of high wattage regulate mods, have taken vaping to a level I though was not possible without radically changing the way we do things.

Unfortunately, now that I have a Kayfun 4 and am completely blown away with it, I'm having a hard time justifying buying other RTAs.

Ignoring that, which of these do you think is better for flavor and wicking, Rose V2 or GG TILEMAHOS?

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I've never gotten into this style of atty - I spend too much on genisis already - but that's a nice collection!

Have you tried the Axiom hybrid? It looks like an interesting (and small) variant...
Good to see you here evilfrog. My Origenny just arrived and an In'ax enroute.

I haven't seen the Axiom before. I just looked it up. Very nice design. Thank you.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
The Estia is the nicest looking atomizer of the group, although all nice gear. I'd get one, but it would be a paper weight for me judging by how you build it.
Really easy to build. Excellent job engineering the posts and wire catch. It takes a bit more time to rewick since there are three. [emoji1]

Really amazing performance.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
@ Steam_Bern

Both are exceptional wicking. Both have juice control and can withstand low ohms - high watts. Same with the Aquas.

The Rose is, imo, a tad better in flavor. The Tilemahos is more compact. I look forward to setting up my Rose stumpy when I find some time.

Tilmanhos easier to build and wick.

Last edited:

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
The following was asked via PM. I hope all feel comfortable to ask here so others may chime in and all may benefit.

I really enjoy my Rose V2. My question is does the Eviva-T beat it in terms of flavor? Can you inform me more on the differences of the 2?

The Eviva-T flavor and the Rose v2 both have ceramic cups which enhance flavor and give a warmer vape at lower power compared to other non-ceramic cupped atties.

The Rose allows more airflow. It is bigger and heavier unless you get the Stumpy tank kit.

Both tanks are a little tricky in mounting a coil. The Rose just cuz you have to thread the two leads and get the right leg length. The Eviva-T because you are working in the tight space of the cup. The Eviva-T is easier to wick.

The Eviva-T is perhaps a tad quicker to fill.

The Eviva-T whistles a bit. Not really whistles, but more sound from air movement.

I love them both.

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
The following was asked via PM. I hope all feel comfortable to ask here so others may chime in and all may benefit.

The Eviva-T flavor and the Rose v2 both have ceramic cups which enhance flavor and give a warmer vape at lower power compared to other non-ceramic cupped atties.

The Rose allows more airflow. It is bigger and heavier unless you get the Stumpy tank kit.

Both tanks are a little tricky in mounting a coil. The Rose just cuz you have to thread the two leads and get the right leg length. The Eviva-T because you are working in the tight space of the cup. The Eviva-T is easier to wick.

The Eviva-T is perhaps a tad quicker to fill.

The Eviva-T whistles a bit. Not really whistles, but more sound from air movement.

I love them both.

Oh gosh..kinda wished you hadn't said that. Now I'm hemming and hawing again because the Rose has quite the following on the HHV Big Thread. They adore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread